Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which waived guys should Grigson consider?

Archer

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Holmes and LeBlanc as both had good preseasons and was solid in college. If I remember right Holmes led all of college football in sacks last season.

Younger players

James Cowser (S.Utah) DE/OLB, Raiders

Corey Lemonier (Auburn) OLB, 49ers

Pierre Desir (Lindenwood) CB, Browns

Jeremiah Poutasi (Utah) G/T, Titans

Jamil Douglas (ASU) G, Dolphins

Veterans

1. Josh Sitton, G, Packers

2. Geoff Schwartz, G, Lions

Sitton I believe should be signed as soon as possible IMO. The others should be worked out and considered for possible depth positions either now or at a later date.

By far the best addition to the team would be Sitton, but Schwartz would be a great fall back plan. Poutasi and Douglas are both 4th round picks in 2015 that had solid potential coming out of college. I believe they could still be developed into solid contributors and depth. Desir is a tall lengthy corner built for a press man scheme which might need a change of scenery. James Cowser was an animal this preseason for the Raiders. He absolutely lit it up against the Seahawks this preseason. Lemonier showed a lot of flashes for the 49ers, but never got much of an opportunity after Aaron Lynch was drafted.

23 minutes ago, SDakColts said:

I agree with Holmes and LeBlanc as both had good preseasons and was solid in college. If I remember right Holmes led all of college football in sacks last season.

Younger players

James Cowser (S.Utah) DE/OLB, Raiders

Corey Lemonier (Auburn) OLB, 49ers

Pierre Desir (Lindenwood) CB, Browns

Jeremiah Poutasi (Utah) G/T, Titans

Jamil Douglas (ASU) G, Dolphins

Veterans

1. Josh Sitton, G, Packers

2. Geoff Schwartz, G, Lions

Sitton I believe should be signed as soon as possible IMO. The others should be worked out and considered for possible depth positions either now or at a later date.

By far the best addition to the team would be Sitton, but Schwartz would be a great fall back plan. Poutasi and Douglas are both 4th round picks in 2015 that had solid potential coming out of college. I believe they could still be developed into solid contributors and depth. Desir is a tall lengthy corner built for a press man scheme which might need a change of scenery. James Cowser was an animal this preseason for the Raiders. He absolutely lit it up against the Seahawks this preseason. Lemonier showed a lot of flashes for the 49ers, but never got much of an opportunity after Aaron Lynch was drafted.

You pretty much nailed my list exactly, though I would also include Marcus burley. :)

35 minutes ago, bertjones7 said:

Agree with names listed above. Sea cut former colts CB Marcus burley also preseason rb surprise troymaine pope. 

Sf cut lemonier and Marcus rush (bunch of sacks in preseason) 

Are u sure they cut Burley? I haven't seen that yet. I'm excited if they did though. Kid can play

52 minutes ago, Archer said:

I've got my eyes on two guys I was high on in the this year's draft:

1) Tyrone Holmes (Montana), OLB, Jaguars.

2) Cre'Von LeBlanc (S. Florida), CB, Patriots - D'Joun's opposite side in college.

Holmes looked pretty fast during the preseason. Not sure hes an OLB in a 3-4 though. Who knows?

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

I still see his name listed on the website. Haven't seen any mention of him being injured. I'll take this but still not 100 percent certain.

Looks like the Hawks haven't sent anything official yet so all I am going by is the guys that cover the team.

7 minutes ago, Everyone said:

Looks like the Hawks haven't sent anything official yet so all I am going by is the guys that cover the team.

that part covering IR looks like it was that one guy and not the names listed after that but I could be wrong

35 minutes ago, krunk said:

that part covering IR looks like it was that one guy and not the names listed after that but I could be wrong

I can't find anything that says he's injured. Raiders cut Neiko Thorpe I would gladly take Thorpe and Burley.

12 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Sorry for being unejumacated, but why is Sitton unrealistic?

Its not unrealistic, he's just going to be expensive.  So what?  He has a three or four more years left and would solidify the interior line once Mewhort is back.  

30 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Its not unrealistic, he's just going to be expensive.  So what?  He has a three or four more years left and would solidify the interior line once Mewhort is back.  

Grigson is sort of at a crossroads.  He (actually, Jim) just made Luck the highest paid QB in the land so he  sort of has to push the envelope and win somewhat soon.  Injuries are gonna' happen, and if you have a chance to put your team in a better position by getting a quality player without losing a draft choice...

It's only money....heh, heh.

How's our cap??

1 minute ago, Tracy Denton said:

I liked Douglas coming out of collage, how has he been in the NFL ???

Horrible 33.7 overall blocking grade last year. Lacks ability to convert his weight room strength to on the field so he would be a back up but I like him because of his athleticism and potential. However he has not been even decent since being drafted