Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which waived guys should Grigson consider?

Archer

4 hours ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

Since Hugh Thornton is gone, Sitton would be a huge addition to our already needy offensive line. Place him next to Kelly and when Thornton returns, that would be a pretty sick starting line. 4/5 of the lineman would be filled and all we would have to figure out is who should be our RT be,

Thorton is on the IR we may never see him next to Kelly. I don't think we pay the $$ for Sittin. Everybody get mad but I think we like Mewhort and Good next to Kelly. I was thinking we might bring in a guy like Poutsai. Then I saw the new regime in Miami are cutting the 2015 4th rounder Jamil Douglas. He played G and C last season for that old coach. Think Philbin might have some interest in him?

That would free Haeg to be OT I think when he steps in for Reitz who knows when it will happen. Reitz will miss a start and Haeg never looks back. He takes over at RT and Reitz is back swinging.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, akcolt said:

That's an understatement He's not there vs the run. He so bad vs the run he can't be on the field. He had 6 sacks 2FF and an INT in 4 games and got cut. He's historically bad vs the run.

Krunk did you watch Troymaine Pope RB for Seattle 24 for 164 2tds did fantastic job on KR's. He's from Jackson St 5'9 205 he put up 225 25x's. I want this kid. I can't believe Carroll let him go. The depth chart is Rawls Michael Prosise Collins. They took both Prosise and Collins this year or Pope would not be available. The size speed strength I already know who you are thinking about. 

haven't seen pope play. Knew Seahawks had a logjam though. Problem is the Colts staff seems to have grown roots in the ground about Ferguson. My guess is as good as yours as to why.

7 hours ago, akcolt said:

This list should end at Holmes. I would take Yankey. What WR is Cajuste beating out? Skov at ILB Lemioner has 1 sack in 3 yrs Barrett Jones is just bad and always hurt. We cut Hodges last year. We are trying to sign better players than the ones on the roster. I've seen others have Leblanc even my man Archer you guys know he's like 5'8 right I think Roberts in the CB to get from NE. 

really think Holmes has what it takes. Saw enough ability in preseason. Has everything you want in terms of size. Didn't pay attention enough to know where he is at with the run defense. If we got him and Rush I think we would be straight pass rush wise. They are both projects though. Holmes has never played in a 3-4 and I don't recall him standing up much. Do think he's a good football player though. We could use him as a situational rusher while learning. Hard to go the Marcus Rush route because of the run defense. If somebody gets hurt and he's forced to start well be in trouble in the run game.

2 hours ago, akcolt said:

That's an understatement He's not there vs the run. He so bad vs the run he can't be on the field. He had 6 sacks 2FF and an INT in 4 games and got cut. He's historically bad vs the run.

Krunk did you watch Troymaine Pope RB for Seattle 24 for 164 2tds did fantastic job on KR's. He's from Jackson St 5'9 205 he put up 225 25x's. I want this kid. I can't believe Carroll let him go. The depth chart is Rawls Michael Prosise Collins. They took both Prosise and Collins this year or Pope would not be available. The size speed strength I already know who you are thinking about. 

I wiil take a look at Pope. This other RB from the Redskins that got released Mack Brown kind of reminds me of Thomas Rawls from the few clips I've seen.

7 hours ago, akcolt said:

This list should end at Holmes. I would take Yankey. What WR is Cajuste beating out? Skov at ILB Lemioner has 1 sack in 3 yrs Barrett Jones is just bad and always hurt. We cut Hodges last year. We are trying to sign better players than the ones on the roster. I've seen others have Leblanc even my man Archer you guys know he's like 5'8 right I think Roberts in the CB to get from NE. 

Cowser I would take a look at for sure. Actually seems better suited for a 3-4 defense too.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

haven't seen pope play. Knew Seahawks had a logjam though. Problem is the Colts staff seems to have grown roots in the ground about Ferguson. My guess is as good as yours as to why.

Pope is the real deal. I'm not sure why the Hawks took Prosise 3rd the came for Collins 5th having Rawls and Michael already. 

I think the board is priming for a big disappointment getting so excited about Sitton.  I think we make a call but I don't see us getting involved in a bidding war which is the direction these things take. 

As as far as getting locked in on Ferguson I am hoping they know something. The wise thing to do grab Pope some light reading 

As I expected Pope is faster than many had estimated... broke a solid 4.49 at JSU Pro-Day workout... vertical and broad jumps are solid... early reports had Pope's 40-time as high as 4.8' game tape shows quite the contrary... game speed is dynamic; I timed his game tape 40 (on various long runs from various games) between 4.2s to 4.3s... swift RB on film... solid build, with muscular legs... bouncy runner showing effective jump-cut ability... will dance behind the line at times without a lane opening... likes to bounce runs outside some, but not a

habit... hits between the tackles when the hole is there... excellent balance and leg drive... decisive rusher when the lane breaks... puts foot in turf and hits north at full speed rapidly... though built solidly he is not a tackle-breaker... shifty and elusive at the line, through the hole and especially in the 2nd level... shows patience behind his blockers... good "feel" and RB vision... shows to be an average receiver; body-catches most throws his way... ran routes well and caught the ball confidently at his Pro-Day drills... pass-pro and blocking are lacking; needs work there... has the upper-body strength to become an effective blocker; 25 reps on the bench press is evidence... ran tough and strong vs then #6 Auburn... 

Maybe Sitton or Milliner to bolster our interior OLine and Secondary, but these guys got waived for a reason, right?  They're not going to bolster anything if they're hurt, or can't pass a physical, or just aren't any good anymore.

Maybe they used to be good, but they got cut for a reason.  When people are like "LOOK AT ALL THIS AVAILABLE TALENT!!!", I can't help but think "A fool and his money are soon parted"...

I hope we don't sign any of these guys unless injuries to our guys makes it a necessity.  And if we do sign anyone, it needs to be a one-year "show me" contract, no 4-year-guaranteed-money funny business.

On 9/4/2016 at 8:24 AM, akcolt said:
On 9/4/2016 at 7:50 AM, krunk said:
Pope is the real deal. I'm not sure why the Hawks took Prosise 3rd the came for Collins 5th having Rawls and Michael already. 

I think the board is priming for a big disappointment getting so excited about Sitton.  I think we make a call but I don't see us getting involved in a bidding war which is the direction these things take. 

As as far as getting locked in on Ferguson I am hoping they know something. The wise thing to do grab Pope some light reading 

As I expected Pope is faster than many had estimated... broke a solid 4.49 at JSU Pro-Day workout... vertical and broad jumps are solid... early reports had Pope's 40-time as high as 4.8' game tape shows quite the contrary... game speed is dynamic; I timed his game tape 40 (on various long runs from various games) between 4.2s to 4.3s... swift RB on film... solid build, with muscular legs... bouncy runner showing effective jump-cut ability... will dance behind the line at times without a lane opening... likes to bounce runs outside some, but not a

habit... hits between the tackles when the hole is there... excellent balance and leg drive... decisive rusher when the lane breaks... puts foot in turf and hits north at full speed rapidly... though built solidly he is not a tackle-breaker... shifty and elusive at the line, through the hole and especially in the 2nd level... shows patience behind his blockers... good "feel" and RB vision... shows to be an average receiver; body-catches most throws his way... ran routes well and caught the ball confidently at his Pro-Day drills... pass-pro and blocking are lacking; needs work there... has the upper-body strength to become an effective blocker; 25 reps on the bench press is evidence... ran tough and strong vs then #6 Auburn... 

As far as free agent rb's go I like Pope, Mack Brown & Ronnie Hillman.

Sent from my SCH-I535 *

43 minutes ago, krunk said:

Cowser I would take a look at for sure. Actually seems better suited for a 3-4 defense too.

I liked Cowser going into the preseason after seeing a little in Oakland I'm sold. 

I would really like to see the bottom 3 on CB switched out for younger guys with more upside Burley Thorpe Desir would work. As it sit right now we only have 2 CB's that I'd want back next year Robinson and Davis. 

24 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Maybe Sitton or Milliner to bolster our interior OLine and Secondary, but these guys got waived for a reason, right?  They're not going to bolster anything if they're hurt, or can't pass a physical, or just aren't any good anymore.

Maybe they used to be good, but they got cut for a reason.  When people are like "LOOK AT ALL THIS AVAILABLE TALENT!!!", I can't help but think "A fool and his money are soon parted"...

I hope we don't sign any of these guys unless injuries to our guys makes it a necessity.  And if we do sign anyone, it needs to be a one-year "show me" contract, no 4-year-guaranteed-money funny business.

I don't think we want Millner he's a bust always hurt. I think he's played in 8 games the last 2yrs He was waived injured. 

We can definitely find CB's that are better than Butler and Brown who will be 29 and 31 next year. Williams is a young guy but undersized at 5'9. 

Burley is almost 5'11 going to be 26 Thorpe 6'1 200lbs also 26 and Pierre Desir 6'2" 206lbs will be 26 on the 8th. We get bigger younger and now have guys we can build with. If we could pull that off it would be huge.

Hopefully we have the inside track on Burley but other teams will be looking at these guys too. I would trade Philly for Rowe if they'd take a 6th. Unfortunately our corners aren't better than some other teams are cutting. I 

15 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Moritz Boehringer

We are hoping to keep him, PT. But he needs a lot of work.

Of those players that the Vikings waived, the following may be good pick ups for the Colts:

DT  Toby Johnson (we thought he would have made the team but we are very deep on DL; he looked great in camp and in games)

RBs  CJ Ham and Jhurell Pressley 

DE/LB Stephen Weatherly  (we hope to sign him to PS)

9 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I liked Cowser going into the preseason after seeing a little in Oakland I'm sold. 

I would really like to see the bottom 3 on CB switched out for younger guys with more upside Burley Thorpe Desir would work. As it sit right now we only have 2 CB's that I'd want back next year Robinson and Davis. 

I don't think we want Millner he's a bust always hurt. I think he's played in 8 games the last 2yrs He was waived injured. 

We can definitely find CB's that are better than Butler and Brown who will be 29 and 31 next year. Williams is a young guy but undersized at 5'9. 

Burley is almost 5'11 going to be 26 Thorpe 6'1 200lbs also 26 and Pierre Desir 6'2" 206lbs will be 26 on the 8th. We get bigger younger and now have guys we can build with. If we could pull that off it would be huge.

Hopefully we have the inside track on Burley but other teams will be looking at these guys too. I would trade Philly for Rowe if they'd take a 6th. Unfortunately our corners aren't better than some other teams are cutting. I 

as I looked closer at it it seems burley may have been waived with injury designation. He may not be healthy. Darryl Roberts looked to have the same thing. Could be wrong.

13 minutes ago, krunk said:

as I looked closer at it it seems burley may have been waived with injury designation. He may not be healthy. Darryl Roberts looked to have the same thing. Could be wrong.

Roberts and Millner for sure I didn't see it for Burley. That will be very disappointing 

21 hours ago, akcolt said:
21 hours ago, krunk said:
Roberts and Millner for sure I didn't see it for Burley. That will be very disappointing 

Burley was indeed waived/injured.

Sent from my SCH-I535 *

35 minutes ago, akcolt said:

cowser reminds me of bill romanowski somewhat

Josh Sitton - Guard Green Bay - Unless there is some health issue but a 30 year old all pro guard.  What else needs to be said.

Dee Milliner - CB NY Jets.  A former first round pick, was amazing his rookie season and then for some reason (I don't know why, maybe he has no desire to work on improving) fell out of favor.  He has the size and measurables Pags likes in his CBs. 

Austin Shephard OL Vikings.  I like Shephard coming out of college... not as strong as you'd like but a very good technician, tough and very good lower body agility which is important for a ZBS

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Josh Sitton - Guard Green Bay - Unless there is some health issue but a 30 year old all pro guard.  What else needs to be said.

Dee Milliner - CB NY Jets.  A former first round pick, was amazing his rookie season and then for some reason (I don't know why, maybe he has no desire to work on improving) fell out of favor.  He has the size and measurables Pags likes in his CBs. 

Austin Shephard OL Vikings.  I like Shephard coming out of college... not as strong as you'd like but a very good technician, tough and very good lower body agility which is important for a ZBS

Shepherd seems like a guy the Colts would pick up from what I've read about him.

I see the Rams waived Marcus Roberson.  Kid from the Florida Gators

I remember before  speaking highly of him before he was drafted.

St. Louis Rams Find Star in Marcus Roberson

http://nflspinzone.com/2015/09/15/st-louis-rams-find-star-marcus-roberson/

Rams Great Leroy Irving Endorses Marcus Roberson

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2016/07/24/rams-great-leroy-irvin-endorses-marcus-roberson/

Rams notes: Marcus Roberson stands out

http://www.scout.com/nfl/rams/story/1569757-rams-notes-marcus-roberson-stands-out

Toby Johnson, DT, Vikings

Bobby Richardson, DT, Saints

Very surprised Richardson was cut. He started a lot of games for the Saints last year even as an undrafted free agent. I thought he was more than solid during his starts there. Toby Johnson I believe was an interior pass rushing nightmare for Minnesota this preseason.

5 hours ago, krunk said:

really think Holmes has what it takes. Saw enough ability in preseason. Has everything you want in terms of size. Didn't pay attention enough to know where he is at with the run defense. If we got him and Rush I think we would be straight pass rush wise. They are both projects though. Holmes has never played in a 3-4 and I don't recall him standing up much. Do think he's a good football player though. We could use him as a situational rusher while learning. Hard to go the Marcus Rush route because of the run defense. If somebody gets hurt and he's forced to start well be in trouble in the run game.

Just fyi it appears rush cleared waivers

https://www.google.com/amp/www.ninersnation.com/platform/amp/2016/9/4/12792094/marcus-rush-waivers-49ers-preseason?client=ms-android-verizon

Jets released Dexter McDougle a former 3rd round pick that Pagano was rumored to like, and had a private workout with.

The Eagles also released C.J. Smith one of the higher rated corners of the preseason.

Figured there might be high upside options to consider over Frankie Williams.

1 hour ago, SDakColts said:

Jets released Dexter McDougle a former 3rd round pick that Pagano was rumored to like, and had a private workout with.

The Eagles also released C.J. Smith one of the higher rated corners of the preseason.

Figured there might be high upside options to consider over Frankie Williams.

I'd love to see CJ Smith in a Colts uniform.  Granted this feeling stems from being an NDSU alum more than how he'd fit the team. 

Since length seems to be a thing they are looking for in their corners; he is 2 inches taller than Frankie.

I just noticed that the Bengals waived Paul Dawson. I remember many of us were high on Paul Dawson coming out TCU. Man what is going on? Wonder can he be put on the PS or maybe even the roster if its worth it. Not sure if Grigs would sign him though. He was criticized by the Bengals D coordinator for needing to be a better pro. Same stuff as Djoun Smith. Man this guy was a third round pick in 2015. Teams are not showing patience at all anymore.

17 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

People claim Grigson is a bad GM for signing older players and/or injury risks, promptly demand GM sign Justin Forsett and Josh Sitton. 

That's all you are bound to get after people care cutting down to 53.  And Sitton is 30, not exactly ancient.

On September 4, 2016 at 9:15 AM, akcolt said:

Why are you so sold on Robinson?  

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

Why are you so sold on Robinson?  

If he challenging to be our slot guy I think we are ok. The scenario I had in my head Burley would have chajjenged Robinson for the slot Davis starts on one side and Dessir and Thorpe would have fought it out to start opposite him. Rowe would have been in there too I'd give a 6th for him. 

I knew it wasn't realistic but we did add 2 and one was Neiko.