Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Skip Bayless is quitting ESPN

Coltsfan1953

Problem is he's just going to get talking segments on Fox Sports, so I don't see what the big deal is. Forum posters will continue to link to his segments.

The only way you can escape Skip Bayless is wait for him to pass away, but we all know he's a demon, so that will take a while.

I'm happy even though I never watched the guy, but have seen his annoying segments...I watched him a bit during a few of his.....RG is way better then AL shortly after the draft that year....

How'd that workout buddy??...lol

8 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

If they can get Stephen A. Smith off of ESPN next, I'd start watching their programming

Why?? Who doesn't love a guy who talks as though you're a mile away even though you're right next to him..

He's obnoxiously loud.

1 hour ago, BloodyChamp said:

Skip tells it like it is except in 2 cases...Luck and Brady. I don't expect anybody here to like the guy because of those 2 rather important issues but seriously besides that...guy is a genius lol! Smith is the fool.

Skip still says Tim Tebow could play in the NFL

.....and he predicted that Johnny Manziel would an NFL star

5 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Problem is he's just going to get talking segments on Fox Sports, so I don't see what the big deal is. Forum posters will continue to link to his segments.

The only way you can escape Skip Bayless is wait for him to pass away, but we all know he's a demon, so that will take a while.

Hardly anybody watches FOX Sports when there;s no game

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Skip still says Tim Tebow could play in the NFL

.....and he predicted that Johnny Manziel would an NFL star

Dude we've all missed some small potatoe 1 shot predictions. A forum whose team traded for Trent Richardson knows that.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

He got tired of being forced to play the role of the dumb guy in order to make Stephen A Smith look smart and objective.

So what happens to their segment now that Skip is gone? Do they replace Skip with someone who's equally clueless, or I wonder if they're ditching the segment altogether.

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

He got tired of being forced to play the role of the dumb guy in order to make Stephen A Smith look smart and objective.

Dumb guy, racist guy and o crap I have to think of a way to sound dumber than Stephen when he says it's ok to beat women guy...I'd leave that job to.

4 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Dude we've all missed some small potatoe 1 shot predictions. A forum whose team traded for Trent Richardson knows that.

What? Skips one shot predictions have carried on a lot more than his one shot. He still preaches about Tebow and Manziel where the Colts cut bait with TRich a few years ago. Bad comparison.

50 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

He's just doing his gimmick when he talks about it now. I mean...Tim Tebow and Johnny Football in the NFL. He did think it once but that's no different than the Colts thinking what they thought about Trent Richardson.

Sorry, there is a difference IMO. Bayless is not in the front office of any NFL team. A media hound is all he his. His point of view has no bearing on any GM in the league. He is a nobody in the NFL.

12 hours ago, IinD said:

I'm happy even though I never watched the guy, but have seen his annoying segments...I watched him a bit during a few of his.....RG is way better then AL shortly after the draft that year....

How'd that workout buddy??...lol

Dont worry he would just say that the colts team is what matters, and we would have been more successful had we taken the Robert. 

9 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Skip tells it like it is except in 2 cases...Luck and Brady. I don't expect anybody here to like the guy because of those 2 rather important issues but seriously besides that...guy is a genius lol! Smith is the fool.

Skip tells it.....    like he THINKS it is....

And he's often dead wrong.

Thank god. It's about time. No one watches Fox Sports anyways. I'm just glad he won't be on either of the two biggest networks for Football (ESPN and NFL Network). No he can take his Andrew Luck hate talk to a place where no one cares.

Hopefully ESPN will bring in an actual analyst/expert now.

16 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

To be fair though Spurs are one of the best teams of all time 

I never said they weren't good but he strictly only talks about those 3 teams, like no one else is in there league.  The Cowboys have won multiple super bowls as well as the Pats. My point is Leonard can be out and the Spurs would be playing a fully healthy Warriors team and he'll still pick the Spurs(just for an example) and argue there still the better team.  Instead of facing the reality that they are not.  Stephen A is a big New York Knicks fan but he'll be the first to tell you they suck lol.  Skip's not like that.  That's what annoys me.  He never changes his opinion on guys like Andrew Luck or LeBron James either. It's always there not as good as what people put them out to be.

I like skip! love first take too surely a classic and will be missed! skip is very entertaining and him and Stephen A were a great match for tv happy for him hope he does well on fox.. p.s the title is a bit misleading hes not quiiting at all contract is up and is moving on to bigger things.

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Sorry, there is a difference IMO. Bayless is not in the front office of any NFL team. A media hound is all he his. His point of view has no bearing on any GM in the league. He is a nobody in the NFL.

How is any of that besides the media part a difference between you and me...

1 hour ago, BloodyChamp said:

How is any of that besides the media part a difference between you and me...

Besides the media part? That is the difference. Bayless plays no part in the NFL of any kind. Opinions are what they are. It don't have to become an issue.

Which is why I said besides that 1 part...not being employed by anybody in or associated with the NFL, not mattering in general  and *gasp* being wrong a time or 10 is what we all have in common with Skip. Meanwhile that 1 difference sometimes entails being wrong for the sake of his TV personality. If Skip were a GM, he wouldn't have Tebow and Johnny as his quarterbacks no matter what he says to the fence post he's talking to on First Take.

Worst part is he will be back on ESPN. As everyone said, he is leaving for the money, and unfortunately nobody watches Fox Sports Network. Look at Michelle Beadle from Sportsnation. She left ESPN for Fox to do a show comparable to SportsNation, a little different, and it lasted a couple of months I believe. She was back at ESPN on SportsNation within 6 months from her original departure, with a nice boatload of cash in her pocket.

Same is going to happen with Skip. We may hate him, but he obviously brings ratings with Stephen A. Like a bad rash, you cannot get rid of!

19 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Skip tells it like it is except in 2 cases...Luck and Brady. 

thats all the reason i need to be glad that hes gone.  they're probably the 2 guys i follow the most since deflategate.  didnt really care about brady before that

FSN is entirely avoidable but espn isnt if you watch games at bars and stuff

Skip Bayless =1. Said RG3 was better than Andrew Luck coming out of college and would have the better career. 2. Thought Tim Tebow was a Great QB and should still be playing. 3. Said Johnny Manziel would be a Great NFL QB. 4. Loves the Spurs but yet he was born in Oklahoma City, if I was him I would be rooting for them instead of the Spurs. 5. Continues to defend the Cowboys and Andrew Luck has as many Playoff wins than that whole organization has had over the last 20 seasons - 3. I am sure there is more I can come up with?? Oh he thinks Manny beat Mayweather as well, LOL Mayweather won that fight at least 7-5 if not 8-4 in Rounds. It's like he didn't even watch the fight.

19 minutes ago, loudnproudcolt said:

Worst part is he will be back on ESPN. As everyone said, he is leaving for the money, and unfortunately nobody watches Fox Sports Network. Look at Michelle Beadle from Sportsnation. She left ESPN for Fox to do a show comparable to SportsNation, a little different, and it lasted a couple of months I believe. She was back at ESPN on SportsNation within 6 months from her original departure, with a nice boatload of cash in her pocket.

Same is going to happen with Skip. We may hate him, but he obviously brings ratings with Stephen A. Like a bad rash, you cannot get rid of!

Sportswriters remind me of professional wrestlers for a long time. They all stunk but whichever company they didn't come up in would lure them away with more money, they'd bolt, get that $$$, then get more $$$ from their original employer when they returned after a short while. And they still stunk.

21 minutes ago, loudnproudcolt said:

I am not a huge fan of Beadle. I loved Charissa Thompson, I thought she was a better analyst and much hotter as well.

22 hours ago, MTC said:

Skip isn't "quitting" ESPN. Fox Sports just gave him a much better offer once his contract is up in August. 

So, Skip went to FS1 for more money? I'm surprised he did this since his co-star Stephen A. Smith does most of the talking on "First Take." All Skip really elaborates on at length about is golf, baseball, boxing, & the Chicago Bulls in the MJ years as well as his precious San Antonio Spurs. 

Translation: Why leave "First Take" when Stephen A. did most of the heavy lifting man? Talk about any easy paycheck. 

Skip does annoy me immensely when he slams Andrew Luck all the time. Oh he's not Andrew Lock as in 1st ballot HOFer? Kiss my backside Skippy... 

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Skip Bayless =1. Said RG3 was better than Andrew Luck coming out of college and would have the better career. 2. Thought Tim Tebow was a Great QB and should still be playing. 3. Said Johnny Manziel would be a Great NFL QB. 4. Loves the Spurs but yet he was born in Oklahoma City, if I was him I would be rooting for them instead of the Spurs. 5. Continues to defend the Cowboys and Andrew Luck has as many Playoff wins than that whole organization has had over the last 20 seasons - 3. I am sure there is more I can come up with?? Oh he thinks Manny beat Mayweather as well, LOL Mayweather won that fight at least 7-5 if not 8-4 in Rounds. It's like he didn't even watch the fight.

Let's not forget that Mr. Bayless doesn't honor his on air bets either. Stephen A. wore Cowboys gear for 2 TV segments when Dallas won a playoff spot while Skip threw off a Mayweather hat in less than a minute. I lost a lot of respect for Skip that day. You honor your bets man. Stop being a darn baby Bayless. Sigh...

30 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Sportswriters remind me of professional wrestlers for a long time. They all stunk but whichever company they didn't come up in would lure them away with more money, they'd bolt, get that $$$, then get more $$$ from their original employer when they returned after a short while. And they still stunk.

Well said BC. FS1 seems like they entice ESPN personalities over for more zeros, they flop, & return with their hat in hand. Is the show First Take going away? Is Stephen leaving when he's up for renewal too? Or will they just get a new sidekick for Smith? Just thinking out loud. 

12 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Let's not forget that Mr. Bayless doesn't honor his on air bets either. Stephen A. wore Cowboys gear for 2 TV segments when Dallas won a playoff spot while Skip threw off a Mayweather hat in less than a minute. I lost a lot of respect for Skip that day. You honor your bets man. Stop being a darn baby Bayless. Sigh...

I agree totally.