Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign CB Patrick Robinson

Everyone

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yahoo:........:rock:........:excited:..........:applause:........:yahoo:.........:rock:.........:excited:.........:applause:..........:yahoo:..........

:billiejean:

The Indianapolis Colts announced that they’ve agreed to terms with cornerback Patrick Robinson.

“We’ve been interested in Patrick since early in free agency and we’re glad it finally came together,” said Colts General Manager Ryan Grigson. “We have some strong ties on our coaching staff with him so that familiarity is always a plus. He is a versatile, experienced and steady corner that gives us immediate help opposite Vontae. He was a fit on a number of levels in regards to overall skill, but also adds some strong intangibles. We’re happy with this addition to our team.”

I'm good with this... Like I said in the other thread, I liked him coming out. He had (imo) two really good first years before missing almost all of 2013 due to injury. I think he fills the need opposite Vontae nicely and is versatile enough to play the slot if matchups or injuries dictate that... Better than a fourth for a comp pick, imo. 

Solid signing a probably a fair price. Should hopefully give us a solid secondary. Now we need some pass rush!!! And I woukd like another qality,D linemen, especially since it's unsure whether Arthur Jones will stay healthy and Henery Anderson may come back at slower pace than we are anticipating. I'd Ideally love Billings but I'd be happy with Johnson or Clark between rounds 2-4.

1st round should now be a RT like Conklin or a DT like Billings or A'Shawn Robinson. I think the Colts still get another corner in the draft though. Maybe someone like Maurice Canady in the 4th or DeAndre Hill in the 6th/7th. Having an elite secondary goes a long way. Just ask the Broncos. 

That darn Grigson! He goes and signs a cornerback and does jack rabbit crap with our dumpster fire of an offensive line!!!!!!!!! This is the next area the Grigson bashers will shift their arguments to next. Just fire the man okay! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! #WeAintGivingYouNoCredit

1 minute ago, krunk said:

That darn Grigson! He goes and signs a cornerback and does jack rabbit crap with our dumpster fire of an offensive line!!!!!!!!! This is the next area the Grigson bashers will shift their arguments to next. Just fire the man okay! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! #WeAintGivingYouNoCredit

Normally I'd say that but I'm just happy he's actually upgraded SOMETHING finally that I'm just gonna give hi a thumbs up and move on

8 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

1st round should now be a RT like Conklin or a DT like Billings or A'Shawn Robinson. I think the Colts still get another corner in the draft though. Maybe someone like Maurice Canady in the 4th or DeAndre Hill in the 6th/7th. Having an elite secondary goes a long way. Just ask the Broncos. 

Would love to draft Canady. Kid can play.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Now we can Draft Elliott since we improved the Defense (sarcasm). I almost bet we take an O.Lineman with our 18 pick in all seriousness.

Now lets pick up Wisniewski and Owen Daniels/Scott Chandler/or Jared Cook and kill the draft. If we hit a homerun in this draft its on. And by hit a homerun I mean get at least 3 day 1 starters who'll come in and make a major impact day 1.

5 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Now lets pick up Wisniewski and Owen Daniels/Scott Chandler/or Jared Cook and kill the draft. If we hit a homerun in this draft its on. And by hit a homerun I mean get at least 3 day 1 starters who'll come in and make a major impact day 1.

Would be nice!!