Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andre Johnson PONDERING Retiring, has played last snap in Indy.

RealityIsLuck

That's really unfortunate for AJ, and who would have guessed it?  I thought he could have possibly put up career numbers(yes,  even at this stage in his career) playing with Luck last season. Alot of things went wrong for the Colts, and alot of careers/lives were affected by the disappointment that was last season. 

On a side note,  I hope Grigson gives up on the annual rent-a-WR projects. Groom the young guys, there's only one football to spread amongst all of that talent

While I don't think he has much left in the tank, I think he has the ability to play better than what he showed in Indy.  I wouldn't mind seeing him go somewhere like New England, where I think they could maximize whatever he has left.  If not, then it's time to hang 'em up, be proud of an outstanding career, and wait until you get the call from Canton.

Also, thanks for beating up Cortland Finnegan.

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Stay classy 

He has been a good character guy this season. I haven't heard of him whining or complaining.

He is most likely a HOF player so we just show respect to a receiver that torched us many times in a Texan's uniform his whole career and tried to play a few more years here but it just didn't work out

6 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

They must've had the discussion with AJ. 

You had a great run man, and thanks for all the years we had to suffer watching you beat our CB's! :)

Or Ian pulled it out of his butt.    AJ agent says he is not retiring and no mention from the Colts he has been released.  

It it may end up to be true but then again Ian could be just guessing and everyone will jump on it as gospel 

2 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

He has been a good character guy this season. I haven't heard of him whining or complaining.

He is most likely a HOF player so we just show respect to a receiver that torched us many times in a Texan's uniform his whole career and tried to play a few more years here but it just didn't work out

He was referring to someone elses post that said good riddance,he was calling them out to stay classy,might have missed the quote though,but just clearing that up.

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

Or Ian pulled it out of his butt.    AJ agent says he is not retiring and no mention from the Colts he has been released.  

It it may end up to be true but then again Ian could be just guessing and everyone will jump on it as gospel 

I read that as well.  I read Andre is currently preparing/working out to play next year.  Doesn't sound like it'll be with the Colts. 

7 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

While I don't think he has much left in the tank, I think he has the ability to play better than what he showed in Indy.  I wouldn't mind seeing him go somewhere like New England, where I think they could maximize whatever he has left.  If not, then it's time to hang 'em up, be proud of an outstanding career, and wait until you get the call from Canton.

Also, thanks for beating up Cortland Finnegan.

Don't think Pats will sign him (if he decides to keep playing). They've already tried the experiment with Torry Holt, Joey Galloway, Chad Johnson, and Reggie Wayne.

5 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

The "stay classy" reference was to a poster who wrote....    "good riddance".....

There was part of me that wanted to bring AJ back on a greatly reduced contract and have him be the team's 4th WR.      I thought as the 4th option he would've been a good fit for the team.      I don't know if that was considered,  and even if it was,   I don't know if AJ would've been happy with that.....

Perhaps best for everyone to part ways and let him retire.....

Honestly all this tells me is that we should've kept Reggie for one last season because while he fell off on the field he wasn't worse than Andre was he? Plus there's the whole leadership aspect he brought to the Colts I felt was sorely lacking last season. 

That being said while I wasn't big on this move to begin with I have no ill will towards Andre I mean a lot of players stay longer than they should.

Although it seems to me everyone in the NFL is retiring this year. 

5 hours ago, CF4L said:

Honestly all this tells me is that we should've kept Reggie for one last season because while he fell off on the field he wasn't worse than Andre was he? Plus there's the whole leadership aspect he brought to the Colts I felt was sorely lacking last season. 

That being said while I wasn't big on this move to begin with I have no ill will towards Andre I mean a lot of players stay longer than they should.

Although it seems to me everyone in the NFL is retiring this year. 

Everyone in the NFL is retiring this year? That means there needs to be at least 3 more drafts. haha