Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quite a game in Foxboro

GwinnettColt

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

That wasn't the half of it. Some really fun games, even the bottom feeder games. One of the most bizarre day I've ever seen as far as special teams go.

Yeah, I'm sorry I missed most of it.  Bad day to have to travel, oh well at least I get to see the Colts play.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:
2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Not right now it doesn't

Not anymore..Cincy or Denver

Unless my eyes deceived me last year the Patriots won the SB and are playoff bound this year. I mean beating a Gronkless Patriots team is in fact easier to do then doing it when he is on the field. Now if he is out for the season then that's different but I have not heard that he is

I get it the Eagles still won and you have to come out and play who you have available and who is available for the other team but look at Cincy as an example who had key injuries last year and Dalton and the offense suffered as did the Bengals as a whole, Fast forward this year and he has his weapons and he is back to playing like one of the best QB's in the NFL

39 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Unless my eyes deceived me last year the Patriots won the SB and are playoff bound this year. I mean beating a Gronkless Patriots team is in fact easier to do then doing it when he is on the field. Now if he is out for the season then that's different but I have not heard that he is

I get it the Eagles still won and you have to come out and play who you have available and who is available for the other team but look at Cincy as an example who had key injuries last year and Dalton and the offense suffered as did the Bengals as a whole, Fast forward this year and he has his weapons and he is back to playing like one of the best QB's in the NFL

You said the road goes through foxboro.  At this point,   they are the three seed.   That's what I was getting at

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

In think it's pretty clear that Gronk is the MVP of the patriots

Edelman's role should not be underestimated as well. The Patriot offense has been more than human every time Brady loses his safety blanket whether it was Welker or Edelman.

But yeah, Gronk is a great blocking uncoverable tight end. He's outstanding and irreplaceable.

10 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Edelman's role should not be underestimated as well. The Patriot offense has been more than human every time Brady loses his safety blanket whether it was Welker or Edelman.

But yeah, Gronk is a great blocking uncoverable tight end. He's outstanding and irreplaceable.

How dare you guys go around saying Gronk's the MVP of the team! It's 100% Brady and that's the truth!

4 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

No weapons.

I've always had to listen to Patriots fans ramble on about how Brady did/does so much with nothing. Now that they've lost a few games they're whining about how *gasp* their starting receivers are injured...

Which one is it?

Has NE ever lost 3 in a row under Brady/Bill B? I have to think they beat Houston next weekend.....right?

I mean for the love of all that is unholy I never thought I would have to worry about NE playing the Texans.

Thanks a pile Pats. 

Absolutely surprising loss. I know NE is missing a couple of key guys, but everyone is. I was hoping the Colts would win, but didn't expect them to after Steelers performance against Seattle. The NE loss made the Colts loss much more tolerable. It was a good day today (especially since we're still top of our division).

38 minutes ago, Jules said:

Has NE ever lost 3 in a row under Brady/Bill B? I have to think they beat Houston next weekend.....right?

I mean for the love of all that is unholy I never thought I would have to worry about NE playing the Texans.

Thanks a pile Pats. 

I think they're only favored by 3.5 pts in Houston. I know that's just LV odds maker's numbers. Brady/NE looking pedestrian without a couple of key players.  

5 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

In think it's pretty clear that Gronk is the MVP of the patriots

I think if they had Edleman they would be okay.  I think they can afford to lose one but not both.  Still I expect BB and company will have something figured out for the Texans Sunday night.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think anyone on earth thought that this outcome was possible. What Philly just pulled off was miraculous beyond belief! I love it. I bet Pats fans pulled the ol sheets over their head, shut the TV off, lights off, and went to bed haha.

Agreed. Had they won the game, we would have seen at least a few Pats fans here. Usually by this time in the morning there are multiple posts by at least one. But they are nowhere to be found. This was a bad loss, given how poorly the Eagles have been playing.

Terrible game all around but was happy to see the team fight in the fourth to almost complete a crazy comeback. Injuries have finally caught up with the Pats and these next four games will be a war. I am looking forward to see how they respond. Coaching needs to be better too.

Perhaps the best silver lining to this upcoming week is all the support the Pats will get on this board this week to win and beat Houston, right? :)

25 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Terrible game all around but was happy to see the team fight in the fourth to almost complete a crazy comeback. Injuries have finally caught up with the Pats and these next four games will be a war. I am looking forward to see how they respond. Coaching needs to be better too.

Perhaps the best silver lining to this upcoming week is all the support the Pats will get on this board this week to win and beat Houston, right? :)

For 1 week I am rooting for the Pats. I knew you would show up. Colts took a beating but I am really surprised so many people are shocked. I didn't think it would 45-10 but I knew we would lose. I picked 31-24 Steelers. It got out of hand with the Punt Return and miscues on Offense. Our loss if anything should show everyone in here how valuable Andrew is. The Pats losing to me is the biggest upset of the year, Philly is terrible. You are like me after a loss, you show up. I respect that.

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

For 1 week I am rooting for the Pats. I knew you would show up. Colts took a beating but I am really surprised so many people are shocked. I didn't think it would 45-10 but I knew we would lose. I picked 31-24 Steelers. It got out of hand with the Punt Return and miscues on Offense. Our loss if anything should show everyone in here how valuable Andrew is. The Pats losing to me is the biggest upset of the year, Philly is terrible. You are like me after a loss, you show up. I respect that.

Yeah. Tough game. Steelers seem to have your number. Is Matt ok? Looked like he hurt his neck. I am hoping the Steelers can do us a favor and beat Cincy this week and then Denver. It feels dirty to vote the Steelers given how much I loathe them but I will be rooting for them hard these next few weeks.

Losing to Philly is a terrible loss as these next 4 games will be tougher to win and we need to go at least 13-3 to get a bye IMO. Houston will be brutal if our offense does not get figured out.

I always show up here because I enjoy the forum and posters like yourself. In the end, it is just football. You take the good with the bad and realize not every year is your year. I am still very contented with the Pats winning it all last year. This season has just been a bonus. One of the biggest reasons we won last year was because we stayed healthy. That has not been the case this year so you just have to roll with it. Kind of like you guys have without Luck for so many weeks.

40 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not me.  Sorry.  Can't do.    Houston will lose other games...  No way, No How can I ever cheer for NE.

26 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Yeah. Tough game. Steelers seem to have your number. Is Matt ok? Looked like he hurt his neck. I am hoping the Steelers can do us a favor and beat Cincy this week and then Denver. It feels dirty to vote the Steelers given how much I loathe them but I will be rooting for them hard these next few weeks.

Losing to Philly is a terrible loss as these next 4 games will be tougher to win and we need to go at least 13-3 to get a bye IMO. Houston will be brutal if our offense does not get figured out.

I always show up here because I enjoy the forum and posters like yourself. In the end, it is just football. You take the good with the bad and realize not every year is your year. I am still very contented with the Pats winning it all last year. This season has just been a bonus. One of the biggest reasons we won last year was because we stayed healthy. That has not been the case this year so you just have to roll with it. Kind of like you guys have without Luck for so many weeks.

Actually, you guys will only need to win out to get a bye. Denver and Cincinnati still play each other which means one of them will have 3 losses. And trust me, if there is a team in more desperate need of a bye week, its the Patriots since Brady has lost his magical ability to win with anyone.

36 minutes ago, Restored said:

Actually, you guys will only need to win out to get a bye. Denver and Cincinnati still play each other which means one of them will have 3 losses. And trust me, if there is a team in more desperate need of a bye week, its the Patriots since Brady has lost his magical ability to win with anyone.

Yeah, winning out will get us a bye but I am not sure if we will do that. I am really hoping Pitt helps us out and gives Cincy and Denver another loss before they play each other. Brady has his limits. Can't lose your top 3 pass catchers and score 30+ a game.

13 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Not right now it doesn't

Correct, for the moment.  Cincy and Broncos play on 12/28, so one will have to drop a game. but for now, the tie-breaker for three or more teams is conference record, and the 7-1 Pats and 6-2 Broncos trail the 8-1 Bengals. That drops New England and Denver into a tie for second, and then the Broncos get that tiebreaker due to their overtime victory over the Pats last week.

But the season is only 3/4 over...