Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quite a game in Foxboro

GwinnettColt

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Since Brady started that was the worst I have seen them play. Not only was the skill level diminished but mistakes as well. Near the end I thought here we go again the Pats are going to pull another one out of their hat but it was not to be.

KC game was much worse last year.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

Near the end I thought here we go again the Pats are going to pull another one out of their hat but it was not to be.

Like us, the Pats are just too banged up.  But they will get a lot better fast when Gronk, Amendola, etc... heal up and return, which could be real soon.

5 hours ago, amfootball said:

Yeah, winning out will get us a bye but I am not sure if we will do that. I am really hoping Pitt helps us out and gives Cincy and Denver another loss before they play each other. Brady has his limits. Can't lose your top 3 pass catchers and score 30+ a game.

Watch out for that Jets game in NY. The Texans will be tough to beat as well.

5 hours ago, amfootball said:

Yeah, winning out will get us a bye but I am not sure if we will do that. I am really hoping Pitt helps us out and gives Cincy and Denver another loss before they play each other. Brady has his limits. Can't lose your top 3 pass catchers and score 30+ a game.

The Brady INT at the goal line had little to do with players being out. He flat out made a horrible read and got baited by the LB on the play.

18 minutes ago, Restored said:

The Brady INT at the goal line had little to do with players being out. He flat out made a horrible read and got baited by the LB on the play.

Yeah, terrible decision down there but he also threw for 3 TDs and ran for another. And had he not had two key drops on the final drive he would have tied it up after being down 35-14 which was in large part due to terrible STs play. Brady was far from perfect but he was slinging it pretty good given he had terrible Oline play all day and was missing his top 3 pass catchers.

4 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Yeah, terrible decision down there but he also threw for 3 TDs and ran for another. And had he not had two key drops on the final drive he would have tied it up after being down 35-14 which was in large part due to terrible STs play. Brady was far from perfect but he was slinging it pretty good given he had terrible Oline play all day and was missing his top 3 pass catchers.

Brady also missed plenty of open throws and the other INT into the end zone where there was nothing but Eagle defenders around the ball was just as baffling. You can't blame mostly bad special teams when Brady threw a 99 yard pick-6. It's a 14 point swing there. Regardless of who has been out there, Brady is clearly off as of late and it doesn't appear to be getting better.

55 minutes ago, Restored said:

Brady also missed plenty of open throws and the other INT into the end zone where there was nothing but Eagle defenders around the ball was just as baffling. You can't blame mostly bad special teams when Brady threw a 99 yard pick-6. It's a 14 point swing there. Regardless of who has been out there, Brady is clearly off as of late and it doesn't appear to be getting better.

Actually you really can when STs had a blocked punt for a TD, a return punt for a TD and two failed onside kicks. The game was a mess. Brady had his mistakes but throwing for 3 TDs and running for another is what made the game close at the end so he atoned for his and then some but could not cover the STs. The whole team will need to play much better which they typically do the last month of the season so I am cautiously optimistic. Getting Gronk back will be huge. Hopefully it is soon.

5 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Actually you really can when STs had a blocked punt for a TD, a return punt for a TD and two failed onside kicks. The game was a mess. Brady had his mistakes but throwing for 3 TDs and running for another is what made the game close at the end so he atoned for his and then some but could not cover the STs. The whole team will need to play much better which they typically do the last month of the season so I am cautiously optimistic. Getting Gronk back will be huge. Hopefully it is soon.

You guys need the Gronk like we need Andrew. Andrew struggled early on but the Denver game showed me he was getting ready to take off and play great. Back to your Pats, I still think the Edleman loss is critical too. Is he coming back for the Playoffs?

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You guys need the Gronk like we need Andrew. Andrew struggled early on but the Denver game showed me he was getting ready to take off and play great. Back to your Pats, I still think the Edleman loss is critical too. Is he coming back for the Playoffs?

We need Gronk and Edelman. Our offense is predicated on Brady getting the ball out of his hands quick to cover for our awful offensive line. The last two games he has had to hold the ball to wait for plays down the field to develop and he has taken a beating and had incompletions as our WRs are not good enough to get separation or quit on routes like LaFell did time and again yesterday.

Edelman is supposed to be back for the post-season. There has been some scuttle that he could be back before season's end but I am not anticipating that.

12 minutes ago, amfootball said:

That's fine and all but had Brady not thrown that pick 6 at the goal line, the 14 point swing ends up giving them the win.

Just now, Restored said:

That's fine and all but had Brady not thrown that pick 6 at the goal line, the 14 point swing ends up giving them the win.

Previous to the pick six though it was 14-7 courtesy of Brady's two TDs and the STs gave up a block punt for a TD that made it 14-14 right before half. So you could look at that score as the one that put the game back in reach and then punt return for a TD after Brady's pick that made it 28-14 as the back breaking score. Again, just so many mistakes against a bad team. But Brady had 4 TDs to 2 INTs. That would have been plenty if not for the STs gaffes.

3 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Previous to the pick six though it was 14-7 courtesy of Brady's two TDs and the STs gave up a block punt for a TD that made it 14-14 right before half. So you could look at that score as the one that put the game back in reach and then punt return for a TD after Brady's pick that made it 28-14 as the back breaking score. Again, just so many mistakes against a bad team. But Brady had 4 TDs to 2 INTs. That would have been plenty if not for the STs gaffes.

I thought Tom played Good but not his usual Great game. The INT at the Goaline was huge mainly because it was returned for 99 Yards. His INT in the endzone was the puzzling one because no WR was in sight. WR probably ran the wrong route is my guess. The SPTeams is really what lost the game IMO.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought Tom played Good but not his usual Great game. The INT at the Goaline was huge mainly because it was returned for 99 Yards. His INT in the endzone was the puzzling one because no WR was in sight. WR probably ran the wrong route is my guess. The SPTeams is really what lost the game IMO.

He forced it to Amendola who was covered. He took ownership of it afterwards and said it was a terrible decision. It was a huge swing but they had the 14-0 lead and then the STs onside kick which was dumb and then punt block. Just so many momentum swings when the Pats had the game under control. At least it was an NFC loss which hurts less than a conference loss but every game is critical now to getting a bye.

5 hours ago, Gramz said:

I predict they lose 2 more

Maybe, we hope.  But last time Pats lost 4 (or 3) in a row was in 2002. last time they lost 2 in a row was 2012.  I don't see Belichick letting his guys ruin it.  He'll use more of his Erhardt-Perkins strategy on offense than the West coast portions. At least until Gronk and or Amendola return.

5 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Maybe, we hope.  But last time Pats lost 4 (or 3) in a row was in 2002. last time they lost 2 in a row was 2012.  I don't see Belichick letting his guys ruin it.  He'll use more of his Erhardt-Perkins strategy on offense than the West coast portions. At least until Gronk and or Amendola return.

Did amendola get hurt again last night? 

13 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Ah durn it... meant Edelman.  Nice catch.

With the 2 straight losses, I see them trying to ease Edelman back in week 16 if possible, instead of waiting until the playoffs.

I was just curious.   I have amendola  on my fantasy team.   Lol