Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No longer perfect

12isthenew18

What are you even talking about? My god you guys are sour.

And I find it despicable that you guys are parading around calling an injury 'karma'. Nobody 'deserves' to get injured. 

Brock played a terrific game and he led some huge drives to keep that team in the game when things looked down. I am not one to whine about officiating, and the muffed punt is truly what turned this game. The offense is decimated by injuries, yet the Patriots are 10-1 and still in the AFC drivers seat. Of course we wanted 16-0...and I truly thought that if we could get through last night it was a real possibility. But hopefully we'll be getting some of these guys back and as we all know, all you have to do is get in the playoffs and all bets are off at that point. Nobody is going to tell me that I shouldn't still feel good about this team's potential down the stretch.

What are you even talking about? My god you guys are sour.

And I find it despicable that you guys are parading around calling an injury 'karma'. Nobody 'deserves' to get injured. 

Brock played a terrific game and he led some huge drives to keep that team in the game when things looked down. I am not one to whine about officiating, and the muffed punt is truly what turned this game. The offense is decimated by injuries, yet the Patriots are 10-1 and still in the AFC drivers seat. Of course we wanted 16-0...and I truly thought that if we could get through last night it was a real possibility. But hopefully we'll be getting some of these guys back and as we all know, all you have to do is get in the playoffs and all bets are off at that point. Nobody is going to tell me that I shouldn't still feel good about this team's potential down the stretch.

I agree with you. There is a little too much glee with some of the Colts fans. The Pats losing is fine, but honestly I would have been happier if the Pats won and the Texans lost.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not on the Patriots forums, so I don't care. 

And I'm used to people trashing the Patriots, so again...I don't care.

What I DO care about is when people celebrate injury by trying to make the case the a player somehow deserves it. Hate all you want on a team because of your fan allegiance or whatever, but calling an injury 'karma' for the same reason is as low as it gets. And as the self proclaimed 'classiest fans in the league'...those doing it should be ashamed.

Hopefully Gronk will be OK. He was walking so it doesn't look that bad. The league is much better with him and Andrew in it. Andrew is still probably at least 2 weeks away. Hass is playing against Pitt.

I could care less for the outcome of this game but what annoys the heck out of me is the constant coddling of the Patriots.  Reporters are saying they are the most injured team and undefeated against everyone but the injuries... please...  They have never been through rough injury patches.  Heck even this year they are relatively healthy compared to the rest of the league.  The Cowboys lost their QB for the whole year including their star defensive playmaker, and receiver for lengthy times.  Pitt has lost their star RB, new ILB, Center, LT, WR2 and their flipping QB... TWICE!  C'mon even Indy has had the injury bug worse than they have had this year.  :dunno:

Sigh, I can't speak for them but I can assure you most Pats fans would probably take 13-3 and a SB win and a healthy roster over the dream of 19-0 that happened once upon a time.......

Are you speaking about a healthy roster impacting their ability to win a SB this year or future seasons?  I agree that they are concerned about that.

But realistically, another SB is not that big of a deal, and future seasons are in jeopardy anyway even with a healthy roster since Brady throws the long ball about as well as Manning, and Gronk is on the decline too.

I think a perfect season was much, much, much more important to the fans (who come here on our board) than is winning another SB.  But since that perfect season is lost, they won't admit that it was important.

If they win the SB, they'll claim that all that mattered was winning the SB.  I wouldn't believe them for a second....including the "likes" I'm seeing in the posts in this thread.

I could care less for the outcome of this game but what annoys the heck out of me is the constant coddling of the Patriots.  Reporters are saying they are the most injured team and undefeated against everyone but the injuries... please...  They have never been through rough injury patches.  Heck even this year they are relatively healthy compared to the rest of the league.  The Cowboys lost their QB for the whole year including their star defensive playmaker, and receiver for lengthy times.  Pitt has lost their star RB, new ILB, Center, LT, WR2 and their flipping QB... TWICE!  C'mon even Indy has had the injury bug worse than they have had this year.  :dunno:

Who is 'coddling' the Pats? What the reporters are saying is that it is incredible what they have done in spite of the injuries. It would be one thing if the Pats were .500 and the media was making injury excuses for them and no one else. But the teams you mentioned???

Yes, the Cowboys have injuries. And their record as a result? 3-8.

Yes, the Steelers have injuries. And their record as a result? 1 game over .500.

Yes, the Colts have injuries. And their record as a result? Also 1 game over .500.

The Patriots have injuries. And their record despite them? 10-1. THAT is what the media is talking about. 

Who is 'coddling' the Pats? What the reporters are saying is that it is incredible what they have done in spite of the injuries. It would be one thing if the Pats were .500 and the media was making injury excuses for them and no one else. But the teams you mentioned???

Yes, the Cowboys have injuries. And their record as a result? 3-8.

Yes, the Steelers have injuries. And their record as a result? 1 game over .500.

Yes, the Colts have injuries. And their record as a result? Also 1 game over .500.

The Patriots have injuries. And their record despite them? 10-1. THAT is what the media is talking about.

The pats injuries hasn't included their QB. Big difference

Yay the Broncos took them down!  Good for them.  Good for B.O and crew

Sadly, I think this does confirm Peyton is done in Denver.  Perhaps for his career too.  Been saying it for weeks but I think this win confirms it for sure.

As for Gronk, I hate seeing people getting hurt.  Yeah, it's part of football, but I'd rather face up against the other teams best.  That makes beating them all the sweeter.  And the Colts dang near did; had it been someone else calling the plays, i think we would have.  

But man, has it been an injured riddled season for the NFL as a whole, tons of starters out, lots with lower body injuries.  I think this is a product of forcing people to hit low.

Huge win for Denver. These next few weeks will determine home field advantage, and Denvers win kept them in the race. Only two things have to happen for Denver to lock it up: another New England loss, and Denver must beat Cincinnati. I really don't see New England losing two more games, nor do I see the Bengals losing to anyone else except possibly the Broncos. It's gonna be a tight race for homefield advantage. I feel bad for whatever wild card team gets New England, Cinci, or Denver!

How many of you fans would take a loss in the regular season for a trip to the SB? I would.

Pats fans are no different.

However, no one is crying for the Patriots, and the Pats fans know their chest thumping and incessant (sometimes irrational and obnoxious) fandom display on other team forums are a big part of it :).

Huge win for Denver. These next few weeks will determine home field advantage, and Denvers win kept them in the race. Only two things have to happen for Denver to lock it up: another New England loss, and Denver must beat Cincinatti. I really don't see New England losing two more games, nor do I see the Bengals losing to anyone else except possibly the Broncos. It's gonna be a tight race for homefield advantage. I feel bad for whatever wild card team gets New England, Cinci, or Denver!

HFA is huge because one of the 3 - Patriots, Bengals and Broncos will face each other in the divisional round.

If I am the Colts, I want the Broncos at the #1 seed given our favorable record vs the Broncos in the past should we head down the #4 seed path and win our wild card game.

The pats injuries hasn't included their QB. Big difference

While that may be true, the point of the post that I was responding to made it seem like reporters and the media as a whole have somehow been somehow excusing the Patriots for injuries while not doing the same for other teams...but in fact it has been quite the opposite. The media is crediting them for their success in spite of injuries. If the Cowboys or Colts were 10-1...the media would be doing the same towards them. At no point following last night's game has the media said 'Good win for the Broncos, BUT they were playing the Pat's JV squad'. If that was the case, then yeah, Surge would have a point. His issue seems to be that he perceives a lack of equality in terms of how the media is looking at injured teams. 

While that may be true, the point of the post that I was responding to made it seem like reporters and the media as a whole have somehow been somehow excusing the Patriots for injuries while not doing the same for other teams...but in fact it has been quite the opposite. The media is crediting them for their success in spite of injuries. If the Cowboys or Colts were 10-1...the media would be doing the same towards them. At no point following last night's game has the media said 'Good win for the Broncos, BUT they were playing the Pat's JV squad'. If that was the case, then yeah, Surge would have a point. His issue seems to be that he perceives a lack of equality in terms of how the media is looking at injured teams. 

This is correct.  They are saying the same things about the Patriots that they did the Cowboys as if injuries don't effect these 2 teams.  Yet you have a team like Pitt and Indy who actually has lost key kogs and still show that they have a chance at the playoffs. But I'm not speaking of last nights media coverage I didn't see it.  I was referencing the coverage this morning I woke up to lol

You must not have seen the pats fanboy otherwise known as Adam Shefter crying earlier about how decimated the pats are and if Amendola wasn't hurt that muffed punt would have never happened and pats would have won.

Perhaps the best news of the day for Pats fans anyways:

The news on Rob Gronkowski seems to be getting better and better by the minute.

According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Gronkowski is unlikely to miss more than one game and Rapoport adds, “he may not even miss that.”

On an incomplete pass in the fourth quarter, Gronkowski took a low hit on his right knee from Denver defensive back Darian Stewart. He was carted off the field and things didn’t look good.

Gronkowski was in the locker room after the game and walked to the team bus on his own.

The Patriots face the Eagles this Sunday at Gillette Stadium

Perhaps the best news of the day for Pats fans anyways:

The news on Rob Gronkowski seems to be getting better and better by the minute.

According to NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport, Gronkowski is unlikely to miss more than one game and Rapoport adds, “he may not even miss that.”

On an incomplete pass in the fourth quarter, Gronkowski took a low hit on his right knee from Denver defensive back Darian Stewart. He was carted off the field and things didn’t look good.

Gronkowski was in the locker room after the game and walked to the team bus on his own.

The Patriots face the Eagles this Sunday at Gillette Stadium

So really what you are saying is, he could have pulled a Paul Pierce?  I remember Pierce was carried to the locker room of a finals game I beleive and he returned moments afterwards and was perfectly fine lol.  On a serious note, I am glad it's not serious, I hate seeing key players get majorly hurt even if he does play for the team I dislike the most. 

Matt has been great. He has exceeded everyone's expectations

He has but I don't think the media at large has given him is due or your new OC. I think they were having more fun burying the Colts and now don't want to talk about a turn around story but that is what is happening with Matt.

The good thing about busting the perfect record is no more talk about it so NE concentrates only on winning one game at a time. Also with the injuries they have you can rest Brady in the last couple games if you have home advantage for the playoffs.

Told you not to bet your home:)

Watching last nights game was awesome. I loved that patriots perfect season is done! But the referees helped the Broncos. I'm a die hard colts fan but even the hatred I have for Brady and the patriots didn't even justify how bad the refs screwed the patriots!! The national fixed league needs to stop with these calls! If your gonna fix a game at least do it to where the public don't notice jeezus. The NFL is hard to watch very hard especially this year!

I am not on the Patriots forums,

you probably should be, rather than here.  i personally never root for injuries though

we are free to make a thread and gloat everytime they lose if we want

they have an entire sticky thread for hating on the colts over there

So I've had half a dozen people share this on my FB feed:

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12278729_10204720860452519_4864227067665678513_n.jpg?oh=1ce70f30ad662d871a6b261b6b29bf38&oe=56F02EA8

Good god. I've never seen a fanbase go this nuts over losing one game. Again, coming off as very entitled and arrogant. And they're acting as if they're the only team with major injuries. Hello? Your opponent was playing a backup QB and had key defensive starters missing! I'm sure if you won that game you wouldn't allow Denver to cite injuries as an excuse.

Also, a L in overtime is the same as a L in regulation. The same goes for winning. You also had the chance to win in OT, and failed. You were also winning 21-7 at one point!

Whenever I think Patriots fans can't find a way to get any worse, they do...