No longer perfect

12isthenew18

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt most of their fans even are concerned much with the loss. The bigger loss is potentially Gronk if it's serious and various injuries everywhere.

I disagree.  NE has won enough superbowls.  Another one really doesn't matter, but an undefeated season would've meant much much more, especially after they got away with cheating during the playoffs last year.

I could care less now if they win the SB.  The Colts won't, so it doesn't matter to me who wins that game.

This was a very, very, important loss for the future of the NFL and its attractiveness as a sport.

Whoo hoo! Undefeated no more and Gronkless. Sucks about the injury but should be interesting what they do with receivers.

Karma for "throwing Sergio out of the club" IMO.

Play like a * and you get what's coming to you.

That being said I do hope for a speedy recovery so the Pats can't blame losing on his injury.

I disagree.  NE has won enough superbowls.  An undefeated season would've meant much much more, especially after they got away with cheating during the playoffs last year.

I could care less now if they win the SB.  The Colts won't, so it doesn't matter to me who wins that game.

How can you disagree? The Patriots are so far ahead in their division and now might have lost their best playmaker besides Brady? Gronk is no doubt their go to guy and if he don't come back it will effect the Patriots a lot worse than the finale score of this game.

How can you disagree? The Patriots are so far ahead in their division and now might have lost their best playmaker besides Brady? Gronk is no doubt their go to guy and if he don't come back it will effect the Patriots a lot worse than the finale score of this game.

I think Jules was talking about NE's path to the SB being slowed because of the loss of Gronk, which I do agree with that.  I was disagreeing with the importance of that compared to the loss impacting the undefeated season.  I was disagreeing with her about the fans not thinking this loss was important.

I think their fans really wanted an undefeated season...and don't care so much about another SB. 

But of course, now that their undefeated season is lost...they will lie about it and claim they didn't care.

I think Jules was talking about NE's path to the SB being slowed because of the loss of Gronk, which I do agree with that.  I was disagreeing with the importance of that compared to the loss impacting the undefeated season.  I was disagreeing with her about the fans not thinking this loss was important.

I think their fans really wanted an undefeated season...and don't care so much about another SB. 

But of course, now that their undefeated season is lost...they will lie about it and claim they didn't care.

I agree with that but no matter what happens with Gronk that will used as an excuse also.

All I was saying up above was that I believe Pats fans are more concerned with injuries then saying going 14-2 over 16-0 this year.

The Pats offense right now IS completely wiped out........

And it opens the door if these are long term injuries for another team like even Cincy to jump back into the drivers seat.

I disagree.

Imo, I think pat fans have been Dreaming of 19-0 for a lot of the season. In their minds it justifies their tarnished image from Deflate-gate.

Sigh, I can't speak for them but I can assure you most Pats fans would probably take 13-3 and a SB win and a healthy roster over the dream of 19-0 that happened once upon a time.......

It is very, very, very hard to go undefeated.

So many years...so many teams and the folks who talk say they can see them going unbeaten..

..and it s just too hard. Carolina isn't going undefeated either

They may go into the playoffs that way. I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the SB. They don't win pretty, but they win.

If the Gronk injury is serious, I think the Pats are in trouble. Just basing this is off of their offense in the past when Gronk went down. Add in Edelman and Dion Lewis being out and well... Eek.

Definitely would be a problem. It's not like they've been blowing teams out of the water anyway. Of course, they were undefeated until tonight, but they have not been steamrolling every team.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YerDWPyCjSM

I don't feel bad for Gronkowski.

Don't be an * and maybe more people would feel bad.

This. He should have been ejected for that. And he trashed the colts and colts fans after the game. I hate injuries, but I'm not gonna lose any sleep over him being hurt. He will be fine, he's a millionaire but that doesn't mean I have to care.