Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texas A&M has sued the Indianapolis Colts for unauthorized use to its 12th Man trademarks. (Merge)

Dustin

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than having it on the Ring of Honor and referring to the crowd as 12th man during the game, how do the Colts use it?

I was thinking the same thing. I don't read anything about it on the Colts social media nor is it printed on any apparel that I have seen. It's obviously not frivolous but....it kinda is...

Eh....smart business move on their part. There are much more stupid copyrights than this one. I don't have a problem as long as they aren't going after like High Schools etc with this stuff. I mean I've seen some high schools sell 12th man t-shirts etc as fund raisers for the team so theoretically they could sue them. I'm sure they sent Indy a cease and desist....since we didn't stop they have every right to sue the Colts. Sure it seems petty but if I have a copyright I would want to protect mine as well or be paid to use it.

Eh....smart business move on their part. There are much more stupid copyrights than this one. I don't have a problem as long as they aren't going after like High Schools etc with this stuff. I mean I've seen some high schools sell 12th man t-shirts etc as fund raisers for the team so theoretically they could sue them. I'm sure they sent Indy a cease and desist....since we didn't stop they have every right to sue the Colts. Sure it seems petty but if I have a copyright I would want to protect mine as well or be paid to use it.

but you dont wait 7 years...............