Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We go 11-5 for 3rd place in AFC

indyspeed13

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come back to earth. It's one game at a time.

Sure it's only 1 game.  We have been right there all season though, and it's the doom and gloom fans that bring the overall morale of the whole fanbase down.  We started off slow because we were beat up and had a lot of inside turmoil (which has never left).  We even went on a 3 game winning streak.  However, the next 3 games were very tough games that we shot ourselves in the foot.  You can't do that against good football teams and still win, eventhough we hung in there until the very end.  This game just proves we are one of the best in the league, but VERY inconsistent.  I've said that all along though...  With Chud calling plays we are in a heck of a lot better position. 

The way I see it, we have a tough game against a (somewhat overrated) Atlanta team (they just lost to Blaine Gabbert and the 49ers.  Then the Steelers in a few weeks, who may not have Big Ben back, after his injury today.  It's all downhill from here.  We just need to take care of business in those 2 games!  Trust me, we WILL upset at either CIN DEN or NE in the playoffs, perhaps even 2 of them.

Are you saying the Broncos are gonna lose 4 more? Lol

Never say never.

The blueprint is out there, just have to execute for other teams. Two games vs the fiesty Chargers left, one vs the Bengals, one vs the Patriots, one vs the Steelers. I can see 4 losses in those 5 games and the #3 seed is ours. 

However, if we are getting the #4 seed, I'd rather see Dalton or Peyton have the #1 seed, IMO.

Yeah barring a major injury I don't think anything but the 4 seed is realistic. NE would have to go 2-6 Cinny 3-5 maybe Denver goes 4-4?

Not happening. We will have to win on the road. We need to keep working on the run game. It will be cold in NE Denver and Cinny. Bradshaw hasn't impressed me. Hopefully he's playing into shape. There's a bug drop when Gore comes out.

Manning and Cinny have a history of going one and done. There is that. To reach our goal we will have to win on the road.

Did anyone notice on the NFL Channel when they were showing the comparison between Peyton/Luck over the 1st 60 games they had it backwards. It was showing Peyton 37-23 and Luck 30-30, not only that the person doing the highlights said we know all about Luck's TD to INT ratio! Peyton's was worse, they had the stats on the wrong player. These dudes get paid 6 figures and cant even get that right. They don't watch our team. If you didn't see it you can Youtube Colts/Broncos highlights. Luck is now 38-23 and his TD to INT ratio is much better than Peyton's was over their first 60 games.

Did anyone notice on the NFL Channel when they were showing the comparison between Peyton/Luck over the 1st 60 games they had it backwards. It was showing Peyton 37-23 and Luck 30-30, not only that the person doing the highlights said we know all about Luck's TD to INT ratio! Peyton's was worse, they had the stats on the wrong player. These dudes get paid 6 figures and cant even get that right. They don't watch our team. If you didn't see it you can Youtube Colts/Broncos highlights. Luck is now 38-23 and his TD to INT ratio is much better than Peyton's was over their first 60 games.

Sounds like someone got Manning and Luck's numbers swapped. It's embarrassing but it happens. 

Yeah barring a major injury I don't think anything but the 4 seed is realistic. NE would have to go 2-6 Cinny 3-5 maybe Denver goes 4-4?

Not happening. We will have to win on the road. We need to keep working on the run game. It will be cold in NE Denver and Cinny. Bradshaw hasn't impressed me. Hopefully he's playing into shape. There's a bug drop when Gore comes out.

Manning and Cinny have a history of going one and done. There is that. To reach our goal we will have to win on the road.

Keep in mind that Bradshaw doesn't get near as many opportunities as he used to. Not much time to feel out the defense. We will get a comfortable medium for him

If we keep this up then I'm predicting 10-6. All we gotta do is beat 1 of Pittsburgh or Atlanta. Because other than that we play a bunch of nobodies. I think we can definitely win out though. But to play it safe I'm saying 10-6.

Still gotta beat the nobodies, but it helps that Atlanta is skidding hard and Pittsburgh is really beat up.

If we keep this up then I'm predicting 10-6. All we gotta do is beat 1 of Pittsburgh or Atlanta. Because other than that we play a bunch of nobodies. I think we can definitely win out though. But to play it safe I'm saying 10-6.

Oh what 1 win can do for overconfidence from the fanbase. (Not to poo-poo your confidence in the team, it is a good thing)...

But let's be real, 7 games left and this team has been anything but convincing barring yesterday's game. Two days ago people were saying we'd be lucky to go 8 - 8 and more likely it will be 6 - 10 or 7 - 9... now all of a sudden it's 10 - 6 or 11 - 5?

I get it, we played a great ball game yesterday, but let's just pump the breaks a bit on winning out now... We could just as easily go out to Atlanta and get our butts handed to us....

I doubt anyone ahead of us collapses. Probably stuck in 4th.

We were supposed to be contending for home field this year. Ugh.

NYJ lost 45-3 in Foxborough in week 13 2010, came back 5 weeks later and won 28-21. BB has a bad record against team's he beat once in a season already ('07 Giants come to mind) although we did not help ourselves last year. You never know.

NYJ lost 45-3 in Foxborough in week 13 2010, came back 5 weeks later and won 28-21. BB has a bad record against team's he beat once in a season already ('07 Giants come to mind) although we did not help ourselves last year. You never know.

Yeah, I'm not worried about a potential rematch with the Pats. Need better execution, for sure, but I'm not interested in avoiding them. I was only saying that we weren't supposed to have five losses, especially not at the midway mark.

Yeah, I'm not worried about a potential rematch with the Pats. Need better execution, for sure, but I'm not interested in avoiding them. I was only saying that we weren't supposed to have five losses, especially not at the midway mark.

Agreed, nothing we can do about it now. All you need is a ticket to the dance. Nothing is gonna make Gore not lose a fumble against the Jets, or not dig holes for ourselves against the Saints and Panthers, or not make any adjustments in the second half of the Pats game. All that matters is trending the right way and can still get into the playoffs.

At least we saw an Andrew Luck that was not a bearded guy masquerading as Andrew Luck. That gives us a fighting chance going forward. Not sure we'll be playing NE as there's a lot they still have to do to secure the 1 seed. As for this thread saying we'll be the 3 seed , it isn't going to happen. The odds of us winning the last 7 and Denver losing 4 of 8 is pretty remote

Oh what 1 win can do for overconfidence from the fanbase. (Not to poo-poo your confidence in the team, it is a good thing)...

But let's be real, 7 games left and this team has been anything but convincing barring yesterday's game. Two days ago people were saying we'd be lucky to go 8 - 8 and more likely it will be 6 - 10 or 7 - 9... now all of a sudden it's 10 - 6 or 11 - 5?

I get it, we played a great ball game yesterday, but let's just pump the breaks a bit on winning out now... We could just as easily go out to Atlanta and get our butts handed to us....

I think the over confidence is because losing to the Saints put us behind schedule, but the unexpected win against the Broncos puts us back in control. Plus the Steelers are banged up so we might catch a break there.

If we can beat the Broncos then we should be able to handle the Dolphins and Bucs too. Considering we continue sweeping our terrible division, 10-6 is a real possibility.

Agreed, nothing we can do about it now. All you need is a ticket to the dance. Nothing is gonna make Gore not lose a fumble against the Jets, or not dig holes for ourselves against the Saints and Panthers, or not make any adjustments in the second half of the Pats game. All that matters is trending the right way and can still get into the playoffs.

I actually thought we over-adjusted in the Pats game. At least offensively. It was as if the coaches expected their defense to start crowding us, and tried to force something over the top. I get the thinking, but I don't understand what's wrong with making them stop what's already working. Nothing wrong with Plan B, but that's for when Plan A stops working.

Was watching the Alabama/LSU game, and one of the commentators was talking about how Alabama always has a second game plan to go to in the second half, either because they're down or because the other team makes adjustments. But in that game, they didn't need to adjust anything because they were in control. Saban has worked with Belichick in the past, so you can figure pretty well that they work alike in that regard. 

I actually thought we over-adjusted in the Pats game. At least offensively. It was as if the coaches expected their defense to start crowding us, and tried to force something over the top. I get the thinking, but I don't understand what's wrong with making them stop what's already working. Nothing wrong with Plan B, but that's for when Plan A stops working.

Was watching the Alabama/LSU game, and one of the commentators was talking about how Alabama always has a second game plan to go to in the second half, either because they're down or because the other team makes adjustments. But in that game, they didn't need to adjust anything because they were in control. Saban has worked with Belichick in the past, so you can figure pretty well that they work alike in that regard. 

That makes a lot of sense. I'm definitely not as football savvy as you. I just meant what I said by the fact we did not score any points until a garbage time TD and a complete abandonment of the run. Still think if we got that onsides kick it would have been a 14 point swing (possibly a TD drive for us, definitely not one for them). We definitely overthought it and beat ourselves but with Chud I can feel confident in the gameplan as long as the execution is up there as well.

Would you welcome Saban as our coach as his name has been tossed around if Pagano wasn't retained?