Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Hasselbeck Appreciation Thread (Merge)

RockThatBlue

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually,  there's one more....

Michael Vick.

But it's a small nit to pick.    The point is still made!      :thmup:

I love correction, no qualms about it :). I am ecstatic now, so I can take insults too and laugh it off, LOL. 

Spot on.  Other than the secondary..who finally caused that interception...the team played pretty stout.  JJ who?  Jadaveon what??

Agreed I thought that Watt was going to wreck us tonight, but between Pep's scheming and the O-Line standing tall we kept Hasselbeck clean. Also regarding our secondary I was very disappointed more so on the play caller (Manusky) than the secondary besides the Hail Mary that was all on them. The playcalling was mostly off-man coverage and zone and we got picked apart because of it. We need to be playing press man coverage which is our strong suit not this unaggressive off man stuff.

Much respect to Hasselbeck.  I thought he was done watching him in the preseason.  Glad to be wrong on that.  He led us to two key divisional wins that we had to have and very well might have saved the Colts season.  He gutted out a big win today flu and all.  You just can't underestimate the size of his heart.  Like Pagano told him last week, "So glad you are a Colt."

i really do hope andrew did take note of matts play these last two games. hes not going for the gold every pass, but making the smart decision.  he sure is old and obviously past his prime, but there is a bunch of things that andrew could still learn from his play

Hasselbeck saying he couldn't even talk in meetings last night and Luck spoke for him. Wow.

— Mike Berman (@MikeBermanIndy)

October 9, 2015

.@Hasselbeck on Luck: "He told me he's so proud of me. He's the mentor. I'm learning more from that kid than I could ever teach him." #Colts

— Dave Furst (@DaveFurst)

October 9, 2015

Class personified. What a legend.

Matt definitely deserves a kudos for his job filling in. Nothing flashy but efficient. Pep needs to call these kinds of games going forward with Luck and Luck needs to take notes from Matt on how to take what is there and not force it.