Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pep called a Wonderful Game.

RealityIsLuck

Like him or not, Pep was a genius this game. He utilized AJ beautifully, got Gore involved and really played to Hasselbecks strengths while not putting too much pressure on him.

If Pep can call games like this consistently, look out we could really start rolling. 

ALSO: Shoutout to the OL they played their butts off tonight and really helped make Pep's job easier. 

Yeah, all positives offensively. If Luck can be that efficient but also add the long strikes when it is there, this offense will be good.  The pass defense, unfortunately, it just terrible.  Every quarterback they have played this year has looked like Joe Montana.  No pressure, guys wide open.  And no excuses because their starting secondary played.   It is odd they cannot even pretend to have a pass rush.

Matt Hasselbeck had a beautiful game. Came through for this team 2 weeks in a row. Marvelous. Kudos to the OL, they certainly contained the Texans tonight. No turnovers. Too many ridiculous penalties called by the refs. Frank Gore was terrific. Andre Johnson too. Defense played their butts off.

A TEAM EFFORT! Way to go, guys!

During the Andre and Frank Gore interview I believe it was Ladanian Tomlinson who said this was a great win but the bad news is we have the Patriots next. Gore and Andre looked over at him like "Damn that! Bring it on bro!" I felt so good about that mindset they displayed. That's how I feel too!

Pep has seen the light guys...like he eventually saw it last season.  The man is not afraid to make adjustments as needed once he realizes his offense is stagnating.  I'm very pleased with the efficiency & play calling of the past two weeks.

Now let's hope Luck sees it when he gets back under center. I think him being on the sidelines watching Matt may actually help him the rest of the way. 

Bruschi on the change in scheme: "Play calling was great. They did a great job of protecting Hasselbeck. It's crazy, they"ll protect Hasselbeck, but not Luck, the best young QB in the league".

Heath Evans: "I hope Pep learns something from this. He's been setting Luck up to fail".

They pretty much summed up the thoughts of a majority of Colts fans.

Like him or not, Pep was a genius this game. He utilized AJ beautifully, got Gore involved and really played to Hasselbecks strengths while not putting too much pressure on him.

If Pep can call games like this consistently, look out we could really start rolling. 

ALSO: Shoutout to the OL they played their butts off tonight and really helped make Pep's job easier. 

I agree...give credit where credit is due. He did and Matt played awesome. I especially like what he did with the OL doubling JJ and making other guys try to beat us. Honestly everyone on the offense played their butt off and played well. From WRs to Frank and the runners, OL and especially Matt. This should be our identity going forward....the only difference is that with Luck we can push the ball downfield "A LITTLE" more. I thought the last couple games we have done a very good job with play design and calls. I know Luck is a lot more aggressive but I think we just need to do a better job identifying when and where to take those chances. I like this team the way it is playing offensively...hopefully we can get both sides playing well together at the same time. Definately will need that against NE. It will be a long shot but its our only hope to control the clock and try to put NE in as many 3rd and long situations as possible.

Pep has seen the light guys...like he eventually saw it last season.  The man is not afraid to make adjustments as needed once he realizes his offense is stagnating.  I'm very pleased with the efficiency & play calling of the past two weeks.

Now let's hope Luck sees it when he gets back under center. I think him being on the sidelines watching Matt may actually help him the rest of the way. 

He did great....now....can we get adjustments "in game" so when something is not working we can adjust. Its my biggest peeve with our coaches...not just Pep. The in game adjustments we make when things aren't working or we are getting exploited. I don't have many gripes to make on Pep the last couple weeks but lets hope after this time off he doesn't forget the winning formula.

Bruschi on the change in scheme: "Play calling was great. They did a great job of protecting Hasselbeck. It's crazy, they"ll protect Hasselbeck, but not Luck, the best young QB in the league".

Heath Evans: "I hope Pep learns something from this. He's been setting Luck up to fail".

They pretty much summed up the thoughts of a majority of Colts fans.

How do we know that Pep hasn't installed decent game plans all along this year and Luck audibled the offense right into the problems that they have had the first 2+ games?