New Spygate Otl Report.

Dustin

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thumb you're nose all you like. You're team is a disgrace to anyone that values fair play. 

Ok Peter Pan...don't forget to drink your milk before bed.

Grow up, this article shouldn't even be a story...Deflategate is over so ESPN decided to re-summarize Spygate for everyone. The NFL looks worse with this article than the Patriots, and as I said, it just gives more ammo to those that already hate the Patriots. 

And this is the stuff that pisses me off. Did you even read what I wrote? I quite literally said that it doesn't excuse their actions, and that I'm not deflecting when I just make a point that things go on in this league that we don't even know about and that the Patriots can't be the only ones doing it.

IT'S NOT DEFLECTION IF I'M ADMITTING THAT IT DOESN'T EXCUSE THEIR ACTIONS!

Yeah you're still down plying their actions and acting like it's not that bad. You're not fooling anyone

Ok Peter Pan...don't forget to drink your milk before bed.

Grow up, this article shouldn't even be a story...Deflategate is over so ESPN decided to re-summarize Spygate for everyone. The NFL looks worse with this article than the Patriots, and as I said, it just gives more ammo to those that already hate the Patriots. 

Great answer and defense. Call me a name. LOL. And you guys wonder why people hate you all and your team..... 

What an absolutely disgusting franchise from top to bottom. I had no idea of the depth that they went too. And I would imagine it hasn't stopped. They've probably just gotten craftier with how they do it.

I don't ever wanna hear about how the Patriots were some type of great Dynasty in the early 2000's again. This is just a disgrace.

I'm sure someday someone will come forward and reveal what was really going on, and the pats* Super Bowls will be stripped.

If the advantage gained was so marginal I wonder why they put forth that effort? That claim which pats fans love to make is absolutely ridiculous and makes the poster look trash. It's ok to cheat if the advantantage gained was minimal. Remember that guys.

Interesting article...but all it did was make the case that teams distrust the Patriots and therefor spend a crazy amount of time worrying about them.

"The Seahawks didn’t discover any covert operations. Most of the time New England’s opponents don’t."

"You could say the rest of the NFL is paranoid, and you might be right. What’s not debatable is that New England, because of that lack of trust, is inside opponents’ heads, forcing other teams to devote time, brainpower and resources to protecting themselves."

And from Polian:

"Polian says thinking the Patriots win simply because “there is skullduggery involved is foolish.” And even New England’s harshest critics agree: The Patriots would win even if they always followed every rule. Belichick and Brady are too good. Some in the NFL hoped (and maybe even believed) that after Spygate the Patriots’ house would crumble. But Belichick’s winning percentage is actually higher since 2007 (.781) than it was before (.670). To some opponents every victory and superlative feeds the idea that the Patriots are aided by black arts."

In the end, that's all it comes down to. People now look for reasons why they are so good. And even when there is nothing to find, they'll make that claim anyways.

Interesting article...but all it did was make the case that teams distrust the Patriots and therefor spend a crazy amount of time worrying about them.

"The Seahawks didn’t discover any covert operations. Most of the time New England’s opponents don’t."

"You could say the rest of the NFL is paranoid, and you might be right. What’s not debatable is that New England, because of that lack of trust, is inside opponents’ heads, forcing other teams to devote time, brainpower and resources to protecting themselves."

And from Polian:

"Polian says thinking the Patriots win simply because “there is skullduggery involved is foolish.” And even New England’s harshest critics agree: The Patriots would win even if they always followed every rule. Belichick and Brady are too good. Some in the NFL hoped (and maybe even believed) that after Spygate the Patriots’ house would crumble. But Belichick’s winning percentage is actually higher since 2007 (.781) than it was before (.670). To some opponents every victory and superlative feeds the idea that the Patriots are aided by black arts."

In the end, that's all it comes down to. People now look for reasons why they are so good. And even when there is nothing to find, they'll make that claim anyways.

If you think the Pats were dumb enough to try anything a week after Deflategate broke then I have a bridge to sell you. 

Please respond to points made in my post on the first page (post #9).

Edited by 21isSuperman

And from Polian:

Their winning percentage has gone up since spygate because that happened to be the first year that the teams were given control over the game balls. So one cheating scandal led righ into another one which allowed them to keep winning.

So Jimmy Johnson said that everyone did it.

Mike Ditka said that everyone did it.

Many other NFL coaches said that everyone did it.

What did BB do wrong?  He did it for a year longer than others.

Oh, and for those who don't actually understand Spygate, here it is:

spygate.jpg

Did you even read the article or just come to deflect again and try to tell us what spygate was when we just found out today that it wasn't just "misplaced camera angles"?

Edited by 21isSuperman

Their winning percentage has gone up since spygate because that happened to be the first year that the teams were given control over the game balls. So one cheating scandal led righ into another one which allowed them to keep winning.

And yet when they played with the most secure and regulated footballs in NFL history in the Superbowl, they still won the game.

It's insane to believe that they've only been able to win because of stealing signals or playing half their games a year with a ball .2 PSI under what is considered normal. That sentiment is borderline absurd.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised at all if, well when it comes out down the road that the patriots have hacked their way into the headsets of the opposing coaches. Anything VHF or UHF can be intercepted, even with scramble codes. Would take some very advanced equipment, but I really wouldn't put it past them at this point.

Agreed. The Patriots are a sick organization. If there were any justice in the world that entire organization would be disbanded. The NSA should just hire former Patriots coaches.

Oh, and lest we forget, Colt fans:

http://yourteamcheats.com/IND

HAHAHAHA was waiting for this from you. Deflect away! This is where the tank for Luck is worse than anything New England did and where the debunked crowd noise thing is also worse than anything New England did. Doesn't say much about the Bucs tanking for Winston though considering they sat their starters and gave up like 20 points in the 4th quarter to lose the last game of the year to the saints and get the number 1 pick. But the Colts who almost blew it by barely losing to the Patriots and Jags definitely tanked on purpose, since everyone on that team or coached that team wasn't fired since then and are still around with the new regime.

Edited by 21isSuperman

And something else that all of you forget:

Deciphering other teams signals and writing them down is NOT ILLEGAL.

The ONLY thing that was illegal was the videotaping, which was simply done from the wrong location.

ESPN is just kissing up the NFL, per usual.

And per usual, ya'll following for it.

And yet when they played with the most secure and regulated footballs in NFL history in the Superbowl, they still won the game.

It's insane to believe that they've only been able to win because of stealing signals or playing half their games a year with a ball .2 PSI under what is considered normal. That sentiment is borderline absurd.

Almost every member of the seahawks secondary needed surgery after the game and it took the most boneheaded play call in sports history for you to win it so relax with that.

They barely beat Baltimore the week before so don't give me garbage saying .2 psi doesn't make a difference when we've already discussed your team's fumble statistics as well as the players who left or joined the Patriots fumble statistics.

Edited by 21isSuperman

The ONLY thing that was illegal was the videotaping, which was simply done from the wrong location.

Yea, done from behind the opponent's bench aimed at dry erase boards disguised as an NFL Films guy while BB was in cleveland.

Edited by 21isSuperman

It's pure conjecture on my part, but I wonder if Reggie asked to be released because all the pats* were doing were trying to get Colts info out of him.

I've wondered this too. Maybe he seen some of the shotty things they were doing and wanted no part of it. Hard to say for sure but not out of the realm of possibility either.

What an absolutely disgusting franchise from top to bottom. I had no idea of the depth that they went too. And I would imagine it hasn't stopped. They've probably just gotten craftier with how they do it.

I don't ever wanna hear about how the Patriots were some type of great Dynasty in the early 2000's again. This is just a disgrace.

soooooo salty.

Then why do you care?

Gee, this article came out a week after Brady mops the floor with the NFL.

Uh huh.  Yeah, that time isn't suspicious whatsoever.  Nope, the NFL isn't out for the Patriots at all.

Not at all.

Hysterical.  Anyone who read through that article and noted the "someone" and "insert random person here" would have realized what a piece of ridiculousness that article was.

Thanks for the laughs this morning!

As per usual, you are spinning everything to make everyone else the villain rather that own up to your teams wrong doing. Of course that comes as a surprise to 0's of -1's of people.

Gee, this article came out a week after Brady mops the floor with the NFL.

Uh huh.  Yeah, that time isn't suspicious whatsoever.  Nope, the NFL isn't out for the Patriots at all.

Not at all.

Hysterical.  Anyone who read through that article and noted the "someone" and "insert random person here" would have realized what a piece of ridiculousness that article was.

Thanks for the laughs this morning!

The NFL wouldn't comment on any of this. ESPN did the reporting of about 90 people, perhaps since this was from a long time ago the work was already done so they waited for the best time to release it? Like after they had to update the story over Brady's win on a technicality that a player who did something wrong had to be warned that he would be punished before he is actually punished? Two days before the first game of the season? That's not really farfetched.

Edited by 21isSuperman

In fact, many former New England coaches and employees insist that the taping of signals wasn't even the most effective cheating method the Patriots deployed in that era. Several of them acknowledge that during pregame warm-ups, a low-level Patriots employee would sneak into the visiting locker room and steal the play sheet, listing the first 20 or so scripted calls for the opposing team's offense. (The practice became so notorious that some coaches put out fake play sheets for the Patriots to swipe.)

Numerous former employees say the Patriots would have someone rummage through the visiting team hotel for playbooks or scouting reports. Walsh later told investigators that he was once instructed to remove the labels and erase tapes of a Patriots practice because the team had illegally used a player on injured reserve. At Gillette Stadium, the scrambling and jamming of the opponents' coach-to-quarterback radio line -- "small s---" that many teams do, according to a former Pats assistant coach -- occurred so often that one team asked a league official to sit in the coaches' box during the game and wait for it to happen. Sure enough, on a key third down, the headset went out.

Patriots' videographers were told to look like media members, to tape over their team logos or turn their sweatshirt inside out, to wear credentials that said Patriots TV or Kraft Productions. The videographers also were provided with excuses for what to tell NFL security if asked what they were doing: Tell them you're filming the quarterbacks. Or the kickers. Or footage for a team show.

They closed the door, and Adams played a compilation tape that matched the signals to the plays from the player's former team, and asked how many were accurate. "He had about 50 percent of them right," the player says now.

During games, Adams sat in the coaches' box, with binoculars and notes of decoded signals, wearing a headset with a direct audio line to Belichick. Whenever Adams saw an opposing coach's signal he recognized, he'd say something like, "Watch for the Two Deep Blitz," and either that information was relayed to Brady or a play designed specifically to exploit the defense was called. A former Patriots employee who was directly involved in the taping system says "it helped our offense a lot," especially in divisional games in which there was a short amount of time between the first and second matchups, making it harder for opposing coaches to change signals.

etc. Don't be in denial. 

this quote here says it all......CHEATERS

"You'd want Bill and Ernie doing your taxes," says a former Patriots assistant coach. "They would find all the loopholes, and then when the IRS would close them, they'd find more."

I honestly can't believe that ESPN got us talking about Spygate today...it really is unbelievable.

this quote here says it all......CHEATERS

"You'd want Bill and Ernie doing your taxes," says a former Patriots assistant coach. "They would find all the loopholes, and then when the IRS would close them, they'd find more."

Well, it was characterized as sour grapes whenever the Steelers said "they knew what was coming" when Brady took them down in the 2004 AFCCG. But then, Brady was not nearly the QB he is now. He still managed games well and did not turn it over but you have to wonder early on, how he could read Dick LeBeau formations that LeBeau normally saves for the playoffs. I still wonder. There is too much smoke to not have fire with it, IMO.

Goodell did only the Pats a favor when he destroyed the tapes and not the entire league like he thought he was, IMO. I still feel Brady is a great QB but I firmly believe he would not have 4 SB rings and his claim to be GOAT without Belichick and his staff pulling all those shenanigans, IMO.