Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Spygate Otl Report.

Dustin

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

Huge Info: 

In fact, many former New England coaches and employees insist that the taping of signals wasn't even the most effective cheating method the Patriots deployed in that era. Several of them acknowledge that during pregame warm-ups, a low-level Patriots employee would sneak into the visiting locker room and steal the play sheet, listing the first 20 or so scripted calls for the opposing team's offense. (The practice became so notorious that some coaches put out fake play sheets for the Patriots to swipe.)

An ESPN Outside the Lines report, citing interviews with more than 90 sources around the NFL, says that the Spygate cheating lasted “at least 40 games over a period of several seasons from 2000 to 2007,” and that the league never fully investigated all the accusations against the team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/08/report-patriots-spygate-cheating-was-widespread-over-many-years/

The report also says that other teams were much more upset about the Patriots’ cheating than they let on, because NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell convinced the rest of the league not to press the issue. Former Rams coach Mike Martz, whose team lost to the Patriots in Belichick’s first Super Bowl, said he was pressured by a “panicked” Goodell to issue a statement saying he was satisfied by the league’s investigation of the Patriots. Martz said he agreed to go along with Goodell’s request to issue a statement backing the league not because he was completely satisfied by the investigation, but because Goodell convinced Martz that a prolonged scandal could badly damage the league.

A lot more info in the first link. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not about that at all. It will spur on deflategate talk and I know the MOD team does not want that.

Well.....Maybe the Patriots shouldn't cheat.  Then there wouldn't be any talk of it at all............  

All this new report does is prove the Patriots cannot win without cheating and that they've gotten away with it for years, maybe  even by bribery.  Either way, they are the most classless organization in professional sports in the world, in history.

ESPN are PROVEN liars. So no, nothing to take into consideration here. But go ahead and discuss ...

As if your permission is needed?

More of this damning info is going to continue to come out, just wait until the ball boys(whom Goodell again this morning confirmed he did not ask to be suspended) begin to talk.

Not in the least related to the incident to which you just brought up. Just another example of the cheating culture in Foxboro

What?  Did you even watch the video in the first link.  One of the reason why this story came out was because the writer thinks that Deflategate was a make up call for Spygate, that the owners were mad that Goodell did not handle Spygate well and was looking for an excuse to make things up with the rest of the 31 teams and found it in Deflategate, you know the act that tampering with footballs that only resulted in a suspension of a jet employee when the jets were caught.   They are tied together as well as this story.  It happens.

What?  Did you even watch the video in the first link.  One of the reason why this story came out was because the writer thinks that Deflategate was a make up call for Spygate, that the owners were mad that Goodell did not handle Spygate well and was looking for an excuse to make things up with the rest of the 31 teams and found it in Deflategate, you know the act that tampering with footballs that only resulted in a suspension of a jet employee when the jets were caught.   They are tied together as well as this story.  It happens.

The writer followed up with like a hundred people for this story. Give me a break.

Edited by 21isSuperman

"League executives stomped the tapes into pieces and shredded the papers inside a Gillette Stadium conference room."

Good what else are you going to do with the tapes?  After all we all know that Goodell is the final arbiter on these matters, so once he made his ruling that the pats violated the taping rules, the tapes have served their purpose and not needed anymore.  As the pats did not plan to appeal, there was no need for the tapes.  Deal with it.

Some people can not grasp this concept.

As if your permission is needed?

More of this damning info is going to continue to come out, just wait until the ball boys(whom Goodell again this morning confirmed he did not ask to be suspended) begin to talk.

Well well I wonder what is coming next.  :scratch:  The plot thickens it seems. :peek: Could get interesting to say the least. :popcorn: 

During games, Adams sat in the coaches' box, with binoculars and notes of decoded signals, wearing a headset with a direct audio line to Belichick. Whenever Adams saw an opposing coach's signal he recognized, he'd say something like, "Watch for the Two Deep Blitz," and either that information was relayed to Brady or a play designed specifically to exploit the defense was called. A former Patriots employee who was directly involved in the taping system says "it helped our offense a lot," especially in divisional games in which there was a short amount of time between the first and second matchups, making it harder for opposing coaches to change signals.

Anybody who was around in 2007 and was listening knows that BB was taping since 2000 and indicated that he always did it, so a long more than 40 games, BB admit that in Sept 2007, so nothing knew here on how many times the pats were taping signals prior to 2007.

Anybody who was around in 2007 and was listening knows that BB was taping since 2000 and indicated that he always did it, so a long more than 40 games, BB admit that in Sept 2007, so nothing knew here on how many times the pats were taping signals prior to 2007.

They still did it though. But this time we found out it wasn't just a "misplaced camera". No, this time the employees are taping over their Patriots logos and pretending they are filming for NFL films/TV show.

Edited by 21isSuperman

Thanks so much. And now for this.......

n fact, many former New England coaches and employees insist that the taping of signals wasn't even the most effective cheating method the Patriots deployed in that era. Several of them acknowledge that during pregame warm-ups, a low-level Patriots employee would sneak into the visiting locker room and steal the play sheet, listing the first 20 or so scripted calls for the opposing team's offense. (The practice became so notorious that some coaches put out fake play sheets for the Patrio

Yes,  the Cover-up of Spygate was Huge.  And yes,  Goodell looks bad,  but not as bad at the Pats, IMO.

true, and this whole it could have ruined the league thing I'm not buying,

It would have been VERY bad at first, but everything would have gotten out, and maybe the league would have taken a big hit. But over time will have recovered. I'm thinking Goodell just wants to save his very cushy job.

I have to be honest here...I just read through the whole thing and was expecting some big 'WOW' moment...but there actually wasn't much new information it it...rather a collection of everything that had already been known and reported for the last 8 years...

I suspect tomorrow, ESPN will move on from spygate, and run a story about the Hernandez case.

I have to be honest here...I just read through the whole thing and was expecting some big 'WOW' moment...but there actually wasn't much new information it it...rather a collection of everything that had already been known and reported for the last 8 years...

Oh really? You knew that low level guys stole play sheets? Or that guys would pretend to be NFL films or tape over their Pat logos to get away with it? Or guys under BB's command on the Browns went behind the opponent's benches and taped dry erase boards with plays written on them? You knew all that? Wow

Edited by 21isSuperman

Yes,  the Cover-up of Spygate was Huge.  And yes,  Goodell looks bad,  but not as bad at the Pats, IMO.

I just don't think this makes the Patriots look any worse than they did in the first place. This article was more a recollection of what went down in Spygate...most of which we had already heard before...It essentially talks about how the general perception of the Patriots getting off easy with Spygate may have been the driving force behind the overreaction of what took place the last 8 months. I would be very surprised if this article changes anyone's mind about how they felt about the Patriots anyways.

Pat fans say the Patriots don't cheat and everyone else are just haters. This article checkmates all, even if most is old news.

I just don't think this makes the Patriots look any worse than they did in the first place. This article was more a recollection of what went down in Spygate...most of which we had already heard before and I don't think it will change the way many felt about it anyways. It essentially talks about how the general perception of the Patriots getting off easy with Spygate may have been the driving force behind the overreaction of what took place the last 8 months. I would be very surprised if this article changes anyone's mind about how they felt about the Patriots anyways.

I agree for the most part, but there's no denying that this will throw fuel on the fire for a lot of people's hatred of the Patriots. To me it's like when the class delinquent did something bad, after a while I stopped paying attention because it didn't surprise me anymore.

I just don't think this makes the Patriots look any worse than they did in the first place. This article was more a recollection of what went down in Spygate...most of which we had already heard before...It essentially talks about how the general perception of the Patriots getting off easy with Spygate may have been the driving force behind the overreaction of what took place the last 8 months. I would be very surprised if this article changes anyone's mind about how they felt about the Patriots anyways.

How could they look any worse..???   And you're right,  nothing will ever change anyone's minds, no matter what side you're on.

It might be a recollection, as you said,  but there were some things in there I personally had never read before.  And I don't see how anyone could walk away from that article,  if they read it start to finish, and think anything other than cheaters.   :dunno:

Pat fans say the Patriots don't cheat and everyone else are just haters. This article checkmates all, even if most is old news.

I think that's a little bit of revisionist history. Patriots fans have never shied away from the details of Spygate...we have just made the claim that the action itself of videotaping was what was illegal...not the common result of 'stealing signals'. All this article did was 'retell' the story. 

I think that's a little bit of revisionist history. Patriots fans have never shied away from the details of Spygate...we have just made the claim that the action itself of videotaping was what was illegal...not the common result of 'stealing signals'. All this article did was 'retell' the story. 

This article said the tapes were destroyed in a Patriot conference room, not removed and destroyed. It wasn't about the misplacement of cameras either. Guys wore NFL FILMS shirts and taped over their Patriot logos...

Edited by 21isSuperman

So it makes what the Patriots did then and 7 years later OK by you?