Dustin

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to try this again...here is what you posted:

Without 'spin'...let me retype it: "They (the article) just told more of spygate that had been covered up by Goodell and Kraft at the time. Sooner or later the whole truth will be known. This is the type of crap that causes people to hate the Patriots. You make your bed, now lay in it."

Are you really going to try to tell me again that 1) you did not say that Kraft covered this up, and 2) that you didn't claim that is why people hate the Patriots???

Please respond to #9.

Please.

While for once I will agree, the League, especially Goodell bungled this whole situation, the Patriots hold ultimate responsibility for this whole dang thing.  If they could, for once, follow the dang rules and not lie/cheat to win, we wouldnt even be having this conversation or the countless others.  So yeah, we can blame the league for their missteps during this but you are holding that the Patriots should be blameless?  You Patriot fans are drunk off the koolaide and are hypocrites.

Who has ever said that the Patriots were blameless? You guys make it sound that by including others in some of the grander blame while describing all the missteps along the way, that is just deflecting and absolving the team of all wrong doing.

That is not the case, it is just the narrative that a select few of you have created and others have latched onto.

Who has ever said that the Patriots were blameless? You guys make it sound that by including others in some of the grander blame while describing all the missteps along the way, that is just deflecting and absolving the team of all wrong doing.

That is not the case, it is just the narrative that a select few of you have created and others have latched onto.

Not you, but V and Y and AM all say the Pats are blameless...This is fact.

I heard on one of the sports talk radio shows on my way into work the talking heads were discussing this article.

They equated it to punishing your kid for something by putting him in timeout and the kid not learning any lesson from it, instead just scheming his next attempt of lying or cheating or wrongdoing. And so the punishments get a little harsher for the next infraction.

Without mentioning the "D" word here, ( we don't want anyone calling for the thread to be locked) I think it is the reason for the harsh punishment handed down.

Because some kids never learn. But unfortunately kids have also learned from society that if your parents spank you or punish you too harshly, time to take them to court and Sue sue sue.

I sure miss simpler times, respect for authority and honesty in people.

Do you really want me to go back and find all the quotes from you and a few other Pats fans that suggest otherwise? I will but it'll be a month before I finish that post.  Simply because of how many times it's been said.  

You speak of deflecting......

Edited by Superman

No, dynasty.....the "narrative" is this. Since Kraft bought the team, there has been a laundry list of issues with what you would call "gamesmanship", what others call cheating. Yes I realize all teams try to get an edge one way or another. But no franchise has gone so far as the Pats, and repeatedly done so. This is not a "re-telling" of SpyGate. There are many new details coming to light. And those equipment managers will talk someday. Someone will offer them big money to tell their stories. And there will be a "30 for 30" made. And the future generations will regard this Pats run similarly to "The U"....a team that won big and got into trouble, but didn't need to resort to such tactics bc they were so well coached and talented. BB is a master coach and player developer. Why go this far? The saddest thing is, they didn't need to.

I'm going to try this again...here is what you posted:

Without 'spin'...let me retype it: "They (the article) just told more of spygate that had been covered up by Goodell and Kraft at the time. Sooner or later the whole truth will be known. This is the type of crap that causes people to hate the Patriots. You make your bed, now lay in it."

Are you really going to try to tell me again that 1) you did not say that Kraft covered this up, and 2) that you didn't claim that is why people hate the Patriots???

By Kraft accepting a lesser fine to a plea agreement from his friend Goodell then yes. Plus that is one of a few reasons people hate the Patriots. They come off as arrogant and could not care less about rules and regulations. Sad part is most of their fans are the same.

Sorry I don't understand your plea bargain point.

Then you find a better term for it. Goodell covered up part of Spygate. Kraft plead guilty knowing full well there was more to the story and it wasn't fully investigated. Showing the lack of integrity by doing that.  If Kraft didn't know the full extent of what was going on Belichick did. It starts at the top. So now you would think we believe the employee-employer friendship factor didn't enter the picture? I know your not that absent minded.

I feel bad for Pats fans. They did nothing wrong but root for a team who decided to cheat.

Now they have to root for cheaters or abandon all they know.

They could still accept that their team has faults. It's just a Boston "we are better than everyone" attitude. Always trying to be something bigger than NYC's little brother. I get the American Revolution was a home game for them but it doesn't mean they should even try to have an Olympics to reinforce their napoleon complex.

They just treat others differently than most others do. They are infallible. Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz break a world series drought and one gets caught multiple times for steroids and the other is thought to have yet they are gods. A-Rod was hated by so many in NY prior to him coming clean and serving a year long suspension because he cheated. They also think sports started in the year 2000 and that their parents and grandparents didn't see anything except a good decade of baseketball and a few good hockey years. A very rich history but without glory, which they are overcompensating now with the "titletown" claims since sports started in the year 2000.

This thread was closed because multiple posters from both teams violated our site rules

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Our mission

As the Official Fan Forum for the Indianapolis Colts, our goal is to provide a well moderated community where NFL fans can enjoy a family-friendly welcoming environment for discussing Colts football, the NFL, and other topics of mutual interest. This is a place where Where 'football gurus' and casual fans can meet and enjoy each others company on a shared topic of interest.

Civility, a welcoming atmosphere, tolerance, humor, mutual respect and individual commitment to the community are our over-riding goals.

It was not a discussion, it was a brawl.  Many many posts were removed.  The volume of issues in this thread was excessive. And like similar threads we had during the off season, it ran it's course and had no hope of being anything other than a brawl. 

Rather than issuing warnings and suspensions, we've closed the thread and ask all of you to please remember this board values civility from all fans.