Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Trade For LB Sio Moore (Mega Merge)

CR91

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the exact same thing. I vote we don't play him till week 6, let him heal and train and build up motivation and then turn him and Mathis loose on brady.

I applaud your correct spelling of the word 'loose'. 90% of the time I see 'lose'. But yeah, I hope they knock the snot out of Brady and he begs for mercy.

From one of the aforementioned articles attached in this thread:

"Disciplined linebacker who follows through on his assignments and maintains his gap responsibilities prevent cutbacks. Also a solid tackler, able to break down and securely wrap the ballcarrier’s torso or leg for minimal yards after the catch. Often lines up over tight ends and larger receivers, using his agility to run routes with them to the sideline or down the seam, gets a good initial jam at the line of scrimmage. Can jump slants and win 50/50 balls to force incompletions and has good enough hands to create turnovers on easier plays. Extends his arms into receiver and tight end blocks to maintain his distance and gets off with strong hands to chase or make plays on the outside."

Rewatching our losses to the Foxborough Frauds, it seemed to me that we were gashed time and time again by RB cutbacks exploiting the overpursuit of our LB's. So I say yes please to a rangy LB that can maintain gap responsibility, complete tackles, and cover TE's over the middle. Here's to hoping Sio comes out healthy and motivated. Going from the dumpster fire that is Oakland to the Colts has to rejuvenate someone with the seeming competitiveness of Sio Moore. Go Horseshoe!

We've been getting killed across the middle of the field very noticeably since 2013 (if you're ever in the mood, go back and watch the Chargers game that year). Geathers and Moore at least give us some athleticism in that area.

that was the game we were without freeman....and yes after his injury it seemed we continued to struggle against TEs. We have a couple good pass rushers but we haven't had very athletic inside lbs. I think he can be that. Honestly he is a 3 down guy and I don't think dq or Irving are that. We really don't have a lot of youth at lb and with guys like Mathis and Irving iffy I don't mind the depth and think he could start for us or at least play meaningful snaps. He has to realize though that this isn't Oakland....that undisciplined candy a$$ stuff he was doing out there won't fly. We are SB contenders and he needs to act like a champion for us.

that was the game we were without freeman....and yes after his injury it seemed we continued to struggle against TEs. We have a couple good pass rushers but we haven't had very athletic inside lbs. I think he can be that. Honestly he is a 3 down guy and I don't think dq or Irving are that. We really don't have a lot of youth at lb and with guys like Mathis and Irving iffy I don't mind the depth and think he could start for us or at least play meaningful snaps. He has to realize though that this isn't Oakland....that undisciplined candy * stuff he was doing out there won't fly. We are SB contenders and he needs to act like a champion for us.

freemens coverage ability is a bit exaggerated he isn't good his first year he did okay but not against tight ends and since then he's been even more mediocre until we see sio play some coverage as of now our linebackers can and still will not be able to cover a TE or Rb

I'd like to see Sio Moore used like the Pats use Jamie Collins. Collins plays all over the field and I feel Moore has the athleticism to do so as well. He needs to learn the playbook first of course.

Similar skill sets. Moore could play the Joker role. But Collins is really good in coverage, and Moore hasn't shown that level of ability so far.

Similar skill sets. Moore could play the Joker role. But Collins is really good in coverage, and Moore hasn't shown that level of ability so far.

Yep...one thing I can say about NE is that they seem to be very good at drafting and developing LBs/OL. Corners and WR maybe not so much but dang Colllins is special. I just like Moore's athleticism...I think we could play him all over...just worry about his discipline in our system.

I expect Moore to take a starting job around week 8. I'd say from Jackson. Jackson just looks done. There isn't much left on the tires or in the tank. Maybe sooner if Jackson really has the bottom fall out, but I don't see any changes before week 5-6 at the earliest.

Freeman is worse than Jackson.

Freeman is worse than Jackson.

I think it's a push, really. Jackson is smarter, but his lack of physical ability cancels that out these days. 

Freeman gets more of a pass from the coaching staff IMO for the way he made a name for himself in his rookie year. They are holding out hop that he can return to that form, and they (or Grigson, whoever it is making that call) are going to make absolutely sure that it's not a possibility before they make a move of any kind, same way they did Richardson. 

I think it's a push, really. Jackson is smarter, but his lack of physical ability cancels that out these days.

Freeman gets more of a pass from the coaching staff IMO for the way he made a name for himself in his rookie year. They are holding out hop that he can return to that form, and they (or Grigson, whoever it is making that call) are going to make absolutely sure that it's not a possibility before they make a move of any kind, same way they did Richardson.

Freeman is one of the worst run defending ILBs in the league. Jackson is not good but he's not even close to Freeman bad.

Freeman should strictly be a Nickel LB because coverage is his only strength.