Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Trade For LB Sio Moore (Mega Merge)

CR91

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

somebody is paying attention...

Mr. Herrera should just hope his phone doesn't ring in the next 24 hours. I think there's still room for him on the roster, but it's not some great travesty that the team is actively upgrading where possible and it might squeeze out a 6th rounder. 

To me, the odd man out is Sylvestre, and he can go to the PS. 

I actually think Moore can play ILB or Sam Linebacker very well, Not going to start at either position right now but just strictly speaking on skill set. I really like this pick up for special teams to which is where I think he will make the most impact this year

No one knows. Moore isn't an edge defender. Phil should just say he doesn't know anything about him, and wait to find out.

With Geathers also supposedly seeing some time at ILB on passing downs, isn't there a bit of a logjam at ILB and not enough potential downs to justify the number on the roster?

Free, DQ, Irving, Moore and sometimes Geathers. And I thought Sylvestre was good, and Herrera even better.

Hmmm. I don't think this is as simple as cutting Herrera and sylvestre, but maybe so.

With Geathers also supposedly seeing some time at ILB on passing downs, isn't there a bit of a logjam at ILB and not enough potential downs to justify the number on the roster?

Free, DQ, Irving, Moore and sometimes Geathers. And I thought Sylvestre was good, and Herrera even better.

Hmmm. I don't think this is as simple as cutting Herrera and sylvestre, but maybe so.

I think this move speaks to a combination of Moore not being in good standing with the Raiders and Irvings what I think are limitations right now(Pitch count), He did play 9 snaps but he admitted he was a bit overwhelmed and even had an anxiety attack and was out of breath so I think this move is a combination of those factors

If you think about it... We gave them a 2016 6th round pick and let them try TRich for the summer. We murdered them in this trade!

Maybe them having TRich for the summer made this seem more like a 2020 7th round pick that becomes a 2016 6th round pick if TRich could hit a hole and gain more than 32 yards.

I'd take that deal!

Yeah, there's a logjam, but to me, Moore is more talented than anyone else. I thought Sylvestre and Herrera did well, but Moore is better. I'll take the upgrade. And Sylvestre is nicked up right now. 

Geathers is in line to play dime backer. Basically a third safety in certain situations, down in the box. Not really an ILB, just a box safety who can cover (hopefully). Doesn't really impact the ILB rotation.

Maybe he's here to help cover the new hybrid TE's that have killed us at the LB'er level?  Geathers was also challenged with defending this type of attack. Between the two, the Colts would have new options for dealing with it.

We've been getting killed across the middle of the field very noticeably since 2013 (if you're ever in the mood, go back and watch the Chargers game that year). Geathers and Moore at least give us some athleticism in that area. 

I think this move speaks to a combination of Moore not being in good standing with the Raiders and Irvings what I think are limitations right now(Pitch count), He did play 9 snaps but he admitted he was a bit overwhelmed and even had an anxiety attack and was out of breath so I think this move is a combination of those factors

We're not sure if Moore is completely healed yet either, so both may be on a pitch count. I read they were upset he spent so much time in the training room.

Everything I read on their boards indicate the fans loved him and weren't happy with the trade.

Yeah, there's a logjam, but to me, Moore is more talented than anyone else. I thought Sylvestre and Herrera did well, but Moore is better. I'll take the upgrade. And Sylvestre is nicked up right now.

Geathers is in line to play dime backer. Basically a third safety in certain situations, down in the box. Not really an ILB, just a box safety who can cover (hopefully). Doesn't really impact the ILB rotation.

I think Moore and a fully healthy Irving are our best ILBs

Not at all. We were about the worst team in regards to coverage from our LBs last year. The only one that was respectable was Freeman. D'Qwell is terrible on his heels. Irving, while I really liked the signing, is going to be an unknown. We don't know how he's healed or how he'll play in the system. Plus he's more of a run stopper anyway. Geathers will be a nickel LB and I loved the pick, but he also is an unknown and I don't feel he's ready yet. Sylvestre and Herrera are both late round/undrafted rookies, you can hardly say they're contributing to the log jam, as solid as they've looked against other teams' scrap heap.

At most we've now got 3 guys who can take care of the coverage across the middle; Moore, Freeman, and possibly Geathers. 

This might be as simple as solid player becomes available and Colts take him regardless of needs/current personnel. Sometimes that's ok.

That's the name of the game. It's actually what the draft is all about, not needs and roster management. Those things are obviously important, but you figure that out over time. But when you like a player and think he's a good fit in your scheme, everything else can be pieced together.

Yeah, assuming Geathers gets in on those downs, that's just fewer downs for an ILB to be in the game. 5 seems like a lot for that, including Herrera who we should keep and I think can be really good. Maybe somebody starts PUP or IR/Return.

At most we've now got 3 guys who can take care of the coverage across the middle; Moore, Freeman, and possibly Geathers.

I don't disagree at all. Just wondering where DQ fits in since he isn't really a two down thumper either. I suppose he could be on a limited pitch count due to age.

Yeah, assuming Geathers gets in on those downs, that's just fewer downs for an ILB to be in the game. 5 seems like a lot for that, including Herrera who we should keep and I think can be really good. Maybe somebody starts PUP or IR/Return.

I figured we'd keep five. 

Is there a chance that with Sylvestre being injured that when we cut him he will resort to our injured reserve? Might be a really good way of hanging on to him.

I was pretty sure that at this point you can just place people directly on IR. I think the waived/injured designation was for earlier in the offseason ( like before the cutdown to 75). I could be wrong though. 

I don't disagree at all. Just wondering where DQ fits in since he isn't really a two down thumper either. I suppose he could be on a limited pitch count due to age.

TBH I hope D'Qwell just sits on the bench until the offseason when we can cut him. I never liked the signing and he has done nothing to quell my doubts.