Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Trade For LB Sio Moore (Mega Merge)

CR91

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was listening to Venturi talk to Grady and Joe on the way home (streaming audio is awesome), and Joe was killing the Colts backup ILBs, which I thought was silly. However, that's the weakest part of our defense, and I was thinking about how nice it would be to have a young, rangy guy who can cover the middle of the field. A couple hours later, and this happens. I like it.

New coach and defense in Oakland, plus Moore's injury, means Del Rio didn't want him. Their loss, I think. Getting this guy for a 6th is fine by me.

From a little research into Snorsio, I have deduced that he is a good coverage linebacker. Irving is a stout run stopper. I doubt it has anything to do with Irving.

He still needs some work in coverage. But he was playing Will in a 4-3 last year, and he'll probably be playing WILB or MILB for us, mostly zone across the middle, where he can use his range to chase crossing receivers and his closing speed to zero in on ball carriers. He's not a perfect player, but most people viewed him as part of the Raiders promising young core. He missed most of the offseason, so there's no telling what his status is. I wouldn't be surprised if he got the 10 snaps last night at the request of the Colts. 

Raiders fans are livid. They are calling their coaching staff and front office stupid for this decision. A lot of them seem to really like Sio say his motor and instincts are top notch. Just a note I believe Dennis Allen when he was HC in Oakland drafted Sio to pretty much take on a Von Miller type roll. I personally think he is a ILB in our system, but OLB is not out of the question.

Here in the Bay Area, there's been a lot of talk related to Sio Moore and how he hasn't been putting in the effort. Del Rio likes fiery, hard working players and Sio fell out of favor. According to Del Rio, he got to play 9 snaps because that's what he earned. The other players worked harder and earned more playing time.

All of the sports talk radio guys said he was not going to make the 53-man roster. The colts basically got him before he was released.

Raiders fans are livid. They are calling their coaching staff and front office stupid for this decision. A lot of them seem to really like Sio say his motor and instincts are top notch. Just a note I believe Dennis Allen when he was HC in Oakland drafted Sio to pretty much take on a Von Miller type roll. I personally think he is a ILB in our system, but OLB is not out of the question.

I have a lot of friends who are Raider fans. They aren't happy. Among the messages I've gotten include 'Del Rio has to go, and McKenzie,' 'we're just giving away talent now?', etc. 

LOLOL

Here in the Bay Area, there's been a lot of talk related to Sio Moore and how he hasn't been putting in the effort. Del Rio likes fiery, hard working players and Sio fell out of favor. According to Del Rio, he got to play 9 snaps because that's what he earned. The other players out worked harder and earned more playing time.

All of the sports talk radio guys said he was not going to make the 53-man roster. The colts basically got him before he was released.

Meh, I would give up a 6th to make sure I landed him....if he was to be released.

I have a lot of friends who are Raider fans. They aren't happy. Among the messages I've gotten include 'Del Rio has to go, and McKenzie,' 'we're just giving away talent now?', etc. 

LOLOL

Well they are not wrong haha, they definitely gave him away to us. Hope it all works out, but as of right now we got a great deal.

Who wants to put in the effort as a Raider? That place is a breeding ground for losers.

Where careers go to die. Justin Tuck won two rings then got paid more money to live in sunny California and not deal with the NY media who arguably is the toughest on their teams than any other market.