Report: Arthur Jones To Miss The Entire Season [Merge]

12isthenew18

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Define 'bad ankles.' 

Then go watch the play on which Jones got injured.

Some people on the forum don't see any distinction between chronic injury problems and freak injuries. I didn't see the play where Jones was injured (haven't got to watch any of the preseason aside from highlights, annoyingly) but I remember them doing it with Holmes last year in the preseason too. Jones is a pretty talented player who signed having played between 14 and 16 games each of the previous 3 seasons (not even counting post season, I remember he had a sack in the Super Bowl win against the 49ers). Unforeseen things happen I guess.

Define 'bad ankles.'

Then go watch the play on which Jones got injured.

He missed most of the season because of an ankle. He weighs quite a bit. Lot to hold up especially after already being injured. Reminds me of Kris Jenkins. I will admit I haven't watched any preseason games minus highlights. Don't get the channel in CT/was on vacation/had a work trip.

Edited by 21isSuperman

Some people on the forum don't see any distinction between chronic injury problems and freak injuries. I didn't see the play where Jones was injured (haven't got to watch any of the preseason aside from highlights, annoyingly) but I remember them doing it with Holmes last year in the preseason too. Jones is a pretty talented player who signed having played between 14 and 16 games each of the previous 3 seasons (not even counting post season, I remember he had a sack in the Super Bowl win against the 49ers). Unforeseen things happen I guess.

My point is no matter the injury if there is a history of it be a little more prepared instead of relying on him to be completely healthy. It's not like Brady with the ACL and can hand off or drop to the ground or throw it away. Jones draws contact in every play he's in.

Edited by 21isSuperman

He got wrecked. Bent over backward as one or two 300 pounders fell on the back of his leg. It was ugly. But yeah, he has 'bad ankles.' 

He somehow stood back up and played the next down. Then he went down and they stopped play. I initially thought he got hurt on the second play, and that he had just stepped on someone's foot the wrong way. But then I heard Pagano say he got hurt on the first play, so I went back and watched it, and yeah... no one was walking away from that. Just a traumatic injury that's unavoidable. 

People can criticize Grigson all they want for the contract he gave Art Jones, and I've been very critical of Grigson, but you can't blame the GM for injuries. It was a good signing by Grigson

Not saying it wasn't. I loved the signing. Doesn't mean I can't be frustrated at this point. Lots of time missed after a major injury, whether it be a freak accident or persistent, to think you can fully rely on him this season without getting a bigger name DT in FA or earlier in the draft as a contingency is what's annoying.

Edited by 21isSuperman

Not saying it wasn't. I loved the signing. Doesn't mean I can't be frustrated at this point. Lots of time missed after a major injury, whether it be a freak accident or persistent, to think you can fully rely on him this season without getting a bigger name DT in FA or earlier in the draft as a contingency is what's annoying.

It's definitely frustrating (I would know about that given how big a fan I am of Bob Sanders haha), but you can't blame the GM for that.  I'm not saying people have no right to be frustrated, but I don't see how it makes sense to say this is Grigson's fault or Grigson should have seen it coming.  And this is coming from a guy who has been really critical of Grigson

It's definitely frustrating (I would know about that given how big a fan I am of Bob Sanders haha), but you can't blame the GM for that. I'm not saying people have no right to be frustrated, but I don't see how it makes sense to say this is Grigson's fault or Grigson should have seen it coming. And this is coming from a guy who has been really critical of Grigson

Yea everyone faults him for something. I'm less critical on draft choices/trades. Much more critical of the building of the lines (protecting Luck/stopping nobodies from running all over us) and having solid backups as the players in the trenches see so much contact. They say the game is won and lost in the trenches....

Edited by 21isSuperman

Damnit :(

First thing I said when I read the title of this thread too CF12. Clearly, great minds think alike.  Jay Kirk & I had high expectations for him this season as well.

The Deflate gate verdict  & now this. Man, sometimes life just isn't pretty or fair. Son of a...Not a good week at all.

I will admit I haven't watched any preseason games minus highlights. Don't get the channel in CT/was on vacation/had a work trip.

No need fret over that bababooey. We're all friends & loyal Colts fans on here. We all know the forum regulars & you most certainly qualify as one. Don't sweat it. 

I got leave this thread before I get depressed. 

This is one of the many reasons we should have went DL with our first pick. Look I love Dorsett but in comparison to the Colts needs, Is like us having to move 50 tons of dirt and buying a Lamborghini instead of the dump truck you really need for the job!

I couldn't afford either but if I could, I would get the Lambo and hire someone else to move the dirt...if you think about it, thats essentially what Grigs did, but now the dump truck has a flat tire. :(

First thing I said when I read the title of this thread too CF12. Clearly, great minds think alike. Jay Kirk & I had high expectations for him this season as well.

The Deflate gate verdict & now this. Man, sometimes life just isn't pretty or fair. Son of a...Not a good week at all.

totally agree the deflategate thing really * me off

totally agree the deflategate thing really * me off

I was watching Mike and Mike on ESPN 2 I think and first take came on next but I was playing with my son so couldn't change the channel fast enough.  Got to see what's his face almost start crying when he was talking about Brady's "win".  Brady didn't win crap...whatever.  If I was Goddell, I would say forget it...it's a free for all...do what you want guys, no punishments are coming from me anymore!  Have fun with you roids and cheat away!!!

I was watching Mike and Mike on ESPN 2 I think and first take came on next but I was playing with my son so couldn't change the channel fast enough. Got to see what's his face almost start crying when he was talking about Brady's "win". Brady didn't win crap...whatever. If I was Goddell, I would say forget it...it's a free for all...do what you want guys, no punishments are coming from me anymore! Have fun with you roids and cheat away!!!

haha you mean skip clueless?

This is one of the many reasons we should have went DL with our first pick. Look I love Dorsett but in comparison to the Colts needs, Is like us having to move 50 tons of dirt and buying a Lamborghini instead of the dump truck you really need for the job!

Henry Anderson > Malcom Brown

Henry Anderson > Eddie Goldman

Henry Anderson >/= Jordan Phillips

I used to agree with that...

Except 4-3 DT and NTs have a very high bust rate.

Better to have an Antonio Brown than a Tony Ugoh or Louis Nix, even if WR is not an immediate need.

I would, but I liked Anderson better than Brown and Goldman before the draft.

I thought Anderson was more technically sound then either but I did not think he could hold up vs the run, For that I wanted Goldman or Carl Davis after thinking about it a while, Carl didn't look to offer the pass rush of those 2 mentioned but he was a better power player when holding his ground and actually I think with some help could develop into a player could shed a block and offer a little pass rush

I would, but I liked Anderson better than Brown and Goldman before the draft.

Well.....    I sure hope you're right,  but I don't recall you having this view back in April.    (I'm sure you did,  I just don't recall that)

Hey,  I've been hoping the Colts would wind up with Anderson for several years.    He was one of the guys I had in mind in 2013 and 2014 when I was telling Colts' fans here that Stanford had more and better talent in their pipeline.    Henry was one of those guys.

But better than Brown and Goldman?!?         Wow....     I sure didn't see that coming......

Well.....    I sure hope you're right,  but I don't recall you having this view back in April.    (I'm sure you did,  I just don't recall that)

Hey,  I've been hoping the Colts would wind up with Anderson for several years.    He was one of the guys I had in mind in 2013 and 2014 when I was telling Colts' fans here that Stanford had more and better talent in their pipeline.    Henry was one of those guys.

But better than Brown and Goldman?!?         Wow....     I sure didn't see that coming......

I wasn't particularly impressed with Brown or Goldman. Especially Brown.

Maybe part of my deal with Anderson is the value, because I knew he was likely to be a third rounder, as opposed to a late first/second for Brown and Goldman. 

Next guy up. I believe in Henry Anderson. He's a gamer. 

This still sucks though. Art Jones was one of the guys I was hoping was gonna have a killer year this season. But I don't think this destroys us. At least not yet. 

And regards to Dockett, eeehhh i'll pass. He's old and got booted out of the tire fire that is San Frans Defense right now Besides, I doubt Dockett would provide more production then one of our rookies.