Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aldon Smith, arrested again / UPDATE: Niners released him

jvan1973

I don't think he is done in the NFL but I'd say he is done in San Fran, They can cut him with only roughly a 1.6 mill cap hit and I believe free up around 5 mill. If Im San Fran it might be worth it at this point to do that and kick the tires on John Abraham or Ricky Sapp, I'd say Dwight Freeney but I don't think he would be keen on going back to a 3-4 team and having to drop back in coverage from time to time after reading one of his interviews not long ago about him wanting to find the right fit and wanting to come forward and not backward

I don't think he is done in the NFL but I'd say he is done in San Fran, They can cut him with only roughly a 1.6 mill cap hit and I believe free up around 5 mill. If Im San Fran it might be worth it at this point to do that and kick the tires on John Abraham or Ricky Sapp, I'd say Dwight Freeney but I don't think he would be keen on going back to a 3-4 team and having to drop back in coverage from time to time after reading one of his interviews not long ago about him wanting to find the right fit and wanting to come forward and not backward

He's probably going to be suspended for the whole year. No team is willing to throw money at him to take the chance anymore. He's officially proved that he can't control himself.

I feel bad for the 49ers fans having to go through all this stuff this offseason. Both sad and hilarious at the same time since it's all on the defensive side. As far as Aldon goes, he's a waste of a football player and he can't be out of the league quick enough. I hope he gets some Jail time from this and can get some help there. At worst suspend him for the year.

Hi, haven't been here in yrs., but all the talk about TB is killing me.  Get over it!   And to think it all started with the Colts game balls.  In Boston, the subject won't go away-nor will it until they rule on this.  See I was the big AV fan and hated to see him go.  I hope the Colts have a great season.

I got this off a sticker on the side wall of ESPN.com

Source: 49ers to cut Aldon Smith

The LB, arrested Thursday night on charges including DUI, hit and run and vandalism, will be cut from the team, a team source told ESPN's Jim Trotter. It's the 25-year-old's third arrest on suspicion of drunken driving since entering the league in 2011 as a first-round draft pick out of Missouri.

•  
  •  
  •  
2m

49ers': “This organization has tried very hard to help Aldon fight his issues. Although he is no longer a member of this team, our support and concern for him will continue.”

@mikefreemanNFL: NFL GM in text to me on Aldon Smith: "For now, not touching him. No one will for the moment. Every team will wait and see."

@mikefreemanNFL: GM continued: "We won't see Aldon Smith in an NFL uniform until next season."

I think he's got some mental health issues that need to be addressed. Maybe something similar to B. Marshall but a different type of disorder.

possibly, but i wouldnt be surprised if its more of a drugs and alcholol thing with aldon.  he doesnt seem to run with the best crowds either

Hi, haven't been here in yrs., but all the talk about TB is killing me.  Get over it!   And to think it all started with the Colts game balls.  In Boston, the subject won't go away-nor will it until they rule on this.  See I was the big AV fan and hated to see him go.  I hope the Colts have a great season.

Hi!!....yeah, we can tell.

The Brady thread is the next floor down, one door past the toilet.

He should be done. It's the only way you will ever get through to these stupid arrogant children

I think he's got some mental health issues that need to be addressed. Maybe something similar to B. Marshall but a different type of disorder.

Na man I don't think so. Nowadays every time anyone does anything they try to say they have some type of mental health issue. Some people just behave like Aldon does honestly, or sometimes it takes a guy a while to grow up.  I'd say if anything he's got a pretty serious drinking problem. That would explain some of his bad decision making. It might take losing everything for him to finally wake up. If he were to get another chance somewhere in a year or so he may be a totally different person.