Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our offense will be ridiculous

RockThatBlue

Good Luck drawing up a defense to stop two speedsters in TY and Dorsett. Not to mention big targets in Andre Johnson and of course Fleener and Allen should continue to grow and have big years.

Then there's the fact that our run game should be a lot better than last year with Gore.

That's just ridiculous. Good luck stopping that offense. I almost feel bad for DCs who have to game plan against that. What a nightmare.

The best part is if the running game is good, which I think it will be, they'll be able to use any gameplan they want. From two TEs with Hilton and Johnson outside, to five-wide with Fleener, Hilton, Johnson, Moncrief and Dorsett. So much size and speed to cover.

I'm still concerned about the OL. From C to RT it was "ridiculously" awful most of the season.

Hopefully they use the right side that was used in the playoffs. That was the best lineup all season

But just make a few changes and plug Herremans in at RG Holmes at C and idk who at RT

Hopefully they use the right side that was used in the playoffs. That was the best lineup all season

But just make a few changes and plug Herremans in at RG Holmes at C and idk who at RT

Yeah, I agree that playoff line combo was pretty good all things considering.

Sent TY and Dorsett deep.

Send AJ on slant.

Allen or Fleener on 10 yard routes. 

Send Gore out of the backfield, or hand off. 

There's absolutely no way every one of those players will be defended at all times. 

It will probably have most teams in nickel defenses, so the box won't be stacked and it should open up some lanes for Gore to rip off some good runs! 

I just hope we don't score so fast that the defense is out there for 3/4 of the game. 

The offense can be very dynamic if TY continues to grow in this offense AND Dorsett has the ability to catch the long ball. The downfall may come from weather. If this team relies solely on the speed to open up the deep ball passing, which also should open up some middle stuff for the TE's or slant routes, what happens when there is snow or rain on the field affecting the flight of the ball? If that online doesn't get tougher from the C, RG, RT spot, we will do well for 16 games and then struggle in the playoffs unless we do it all from the LOS.

I feel a lot better that our defense will improve this year than I do that our C or RT spot is going to improve. I think we have brought in enough to improve the RG position so maybe by default, the spots beside that improve as well. Wished we had an idea how Cherilous was shaping up.

Send AJ on slant.

There's absolutely no way every one of those players will be defended at all times. 

It will probably have most teams in nickel defenses, so the box won't be stacked and it should open up some lanes for Gore to rip off some good runs! 

I just hope we don't score so fast that the defense is out there for 3/4 of the game. 

Yeah, no way they can all be covered, probably because we would have 12 players on the field.

Good Luck drawing up a defense to stop two speedsters in TY and Dorsett. Not to mention big targets in Andre Johnson and of course Fleener and Allen should continue to grow and have big years.

Then there's the fact that our run game should be a lot better than last year with Gore.

That's just ridiculous. Good luck stopping that offense. I almost feel bad for DCs who have to game plan against that. What a nightmare.

I've been thinking about it more and more... I gotta stop! It can't afford replacing all these clothes because of all the DROOL STAINS ( haha, bad joke but you get the point)

Just fix up that OL and good luck and good night...

The best part is if the running game is good, which I think it will be, they'll be able to use any gameplan they want. From two TEs with Hilton and Johnson outside, to five-wide with Fleener, Hilton, Johnson, Moncrief and Dorsett. So much size and speed to cover.

Send AJ on slant.

I wanted to honor the quality posts in this thread. Good job people. Keep it up.

I'm still concerned about the OL. From C to RT it was "ridiculously" awful most of the season.

Semantics like this come across as ridiculously awful to me. I don't care if you have the best QB to ever throw a football, you don't get 1 play from the SB with a ridiculously awful side of one line. Questionable? Perhaps. Awful...no. Ridiculously awful? Whatever.

Semantics like this come across as ridiculously awful to me. I don't care if you have the best QB to ever throw a football, you don't get 1 play from the SB with a ridiculously awful side of one line. Questionable? Perhaps. Awful...no. Ridiculously awful? Whatever.

You didn't see the game vs the Jags, especially the first half? It was amazing Luck wasn't carried off in a stretcher! They were bad alot of the season but during that stretch of the schedule they were at their worst.

I assume you meant 1 game from the SB,not 1 play as we lost 45-7!

I've been saying the same thing!  I just hope we don't have OL issues like the past, and no injuries. 

The O-line needs consistency first and foremost. Quick hitters will be there and will help the line with their progress. The O as a whole looks good on paper but as almost always a few thing won't happen that you thought would and vice versa. The run should be better but Gore isn't the guy he once was so lets see just how much is in the tank. Injuries? That's what gets most good teams.  

Not at all! I  just want to see a step forward with the offense by winning games with strong defensive teams

I agree. So many have said it already, but the run game is the key to our offense being able to perform in those games. I personally don't think the Pats defense is gonna be all that good next year. We open against the Bills and Jets, back to back. That's a big test to start off with.

I agree. So many have said it already, but the run game is the key to our offense being able to perform in those games. I personally don't think the Pats defense is gonna be all that good next year. We open against the Bills and Jets, back to back. That's a big test to start off with.

This. 

Plenty of time for our coaches to come up with great game plans as well. 

It's definitely up in the air as to what the Pats D is going to look like.  I see they just let go or will be releasing Kyle Arrington so that's another member of the secondary leaving.

I agree but I'm worried about the o-line. It'll be the biggest question mark going into training camp. 

as good as you say our offense is going to be, it's only as good as Bill Billechik's defense will let it be (unfortunately). His ingenious defense against it really gives me an aching back, a migraine, hangnails, arthritis, tendonitis, hives, in-grown toenails, bunions, & gas.  I really despise that man.   :hairout:

A lot of good football minds posting on this. True the talent positions are amazing. Even with the aging Gore at RB, Boom can prove he's more than a flash in the pan this season. And the receivers are incredible. But it will depend on the O line. We can not let Luck run for his life--it will finally catch up on one of those many hits he's taken. The O line is one-two players away from being good. Castonzo, Herreman and Cherilus are all solid (if Gosder  is healthy). Mewhort showed potential as well.  But we must get a center that is better than what we have--maybe the centers we have will improve, but in the meantime we must at least make up for that hole. Grigs has done a good job getting the talent positions, and him being an O lineman, I thought he would have had a great line here instead of average at best. But still hoping this is the season that they gel. We'll see.