RealityIsLuck

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...okay, I can live with this guy for a 5th rounder:

Strengths

Stocky, powerful frame. Former walk-on who plays with a chip on his shoulder. Explodes out of stance and into linemen with force. Always the low man and has the pure power to withstand double teams. Power to two-gap with underrated short-area quickness to penetrate. Uses play strength and leverage to balance against and overwhelm redirect attempts when he gets on lineman's edge. Active hands and above average at unlocking and discarding when ready to tackle. Active pass rusher from interior. Understands how to run twist game up front. Collapses pockets with bull-rush when single blocked and has short-area movement and power to create as a rusher.

Weaknesses

Needs more pure girth in order to hold up to NFL double teams. Questions about whether frame is maxed out. Short, stubby arms and legs. Can be disrupted by length of tall guards on down blocks. Loses juice when his pass rush gets fanned wide. Plays unfold just a shade out of his limited reach. Get-off just okay. Can be limited when he's not first to the punch. Played just 49 percent of the snaps this season.

The Colts' scouting budget was cut this year so the scouts were only able to go to Stanford's pro day and fly to Florida and rent a car.

I gotta confess.....     this is flat-out funny!      Well done!!       :thmup: 

:funny:        :spit:        :lol:        haha 

To be honest , I didn't forget him . I couldn't remember if there was a k in his name and was too lazy to look it up.

Ha, yeah

I was just jokingly agreeing with you!!!

Draft day is funny, some people forget the other players on the team...

& players seem to be either MVP perrenial pro-bowlers or complete and utter busts...

The knee jerky & over reaction is funny...

Ha, yeah

I was just jokingly agreeing with you!!!

Draft day is funny, some people forget the other players on the team...

& players seem to be either MVP perrenial pro-bowlers or complete and utter busts...

The knee jerky & over reaction is funny...

No problem , I knew what you meant. 

so were thinking of playing parry at NT atleast that's what I've seen some here mention? Brown is bigger then Parry

Perry played NT at Stanford. He projects to be a NT in the NFL.

Brown played 4-3 DT at Texas, He projects to be a 3-4 DE in the NFL.

It's not all about size. Things like build, strength, power, speed, quickness. 

Anyway, If we went with Brown we wouldn't of gotten Henry Anderson, who is my favorite pick to this point. I'd much rather have Anderson-Perry than Brown, and a NT. No thank you.

so were thinking of playing parry at NT atleast that's what I've seen some here mention? Brown is bigger then Parry

Thats great...but size doesn't mean everything. Parry is strong and powerful and he stays low... that will beat size.

our o-line is already set with a lot of depth. ac mewhort holmes herramans GC will be the starters with louis harrison thornton thomas reitz and ulrick john being the backups. no one we draft will beat out those olineman

Could have had A.J CAAN OR JACOB POULASI-----you wouldn't have taken them? if defense was the focus,why did they pass on MARCUS BROWN for a 4th receiver?

Could have had A.J CAAN OR JACOB POULASI-----you wouldn't have taken them? if defense was the focus,why did they pass on MARCUS BROWN for a 4th receiver?

how about you actually learn to spell the name right before you start an argument you cant win. first off our defense wasnt the only problem through the season. if you look at games vs the cowboys and patriots, we couldnt move the ball at all and that was mostly because teams only needed to double TY and single cover everyone else. we needed someone else to take pressure off of ty. andre is old and moncrief is still inexperienced. 

how about you actually learn to spell the name right before you start an argument you cant win. first off our defense wasnt the only problem through the season. if you look at games vs the cowboys and patriots, we couldnt move the ball at all and that was mostly because teams only needed to double TY and single cover everyone else. we needed someone else to take pressure off of ty. andre is old and moncrief is still inexperienced.

didn't realize DORSETT had all that built in experience

Could be a long-shot to make the team, or a PS candidate. Hopefully much more than that. Looks like there's some potential there for a run stuffer. 

I actually think that he'll make it into the DL rotation immediately.

He is smart, incredibly strong, and has outstanding chemistry with Anderson (the two used to combo stunt all the time at Stanford).

This was an excellent draft overall.  B+ or A-. 

When clowns post stuff like this do they ever stop to wonder why?

I take it that you are calling me a clown.  Why not just say that you disagree with my statement?  Why don't YOU give us all the answers so we'll know them next time.  

Regardless, have a pleasant evening, my dear, tough, Internet friend.  

I've see that Brown is versatile and can play anywhere on the Dline so how is he not a fit at NT for us

I never said Brown couldn't, Although from what little Ive watched of him he looks more like a penatrator then a two gap guy. I saw a number of times when he was engaged by two O lineman that he got eliminated basically and knocked off his feet. My main point though was that just because Brown may have had more size doesn't make him a better fut neccasarily. I'll take a guy who may way 15-20 lbs less but he stays low and maintains leverage, he's strong and powerful and bursts off the line, over a guy who is heavier but doesn't stay low, get off the ball or know how to use his size. Now I'm not saying Brown doesn't do these things. But Parry seems to be solid with the key Fundamentals of being a lineman. And tbh I don't see how maybe 15-20 lbs really makes that much of a difference. If anything, as I've stated before it's Parrys short arms that could be his biggest problem at times.

Bigger problem is the colts having no run game. Hard to pass when the patriots drop everyone back in coverage.