Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Resign nicks?

I would like to. It may be a bit bias for me though because a friend of mine is neighbors with him but anyways, I think he caught on late in the year. With the Johnson signing I doubt he is resigned, maybe if he is still available and there is an injury before the season? Where are you hearing he has zero interest? Thanks.

I would not bring him back I'd like to take a look at Denarius Moore, He's showed some flashes never had a QB or Crabby is still out there if you want a name so the board doesn't loose it's mind

Hilton AJ Moncrief isn't a bad start. Maybe Carter can play who knows, it would be nice to grab a WR/PR in the draft and then our slew of UDFA's

I liked Stevie Johnson interested to see what SD paid. I am interested to see a little more of Lenz too.

No, he would just be in the way of our young guys, Moncrief and Carter. Nicks isn't the same WR he was a couple years back. He consistently struggled to get separation with us.

That's a darn good point C449. Nicks would just impede the development of Moncrief & it's time to see what Donte can do with more responsibility in clutch game situations. It's time. I don't want Nicks back. 

He's going to the raiders

Ooh...Even, I'm not that cruel. A SB Champion shouldn't have to end his career in Oakland. Warren Sapp did & we all know what happened to him: He filed for bankruptcy, got busted for paying for female happy hour time, & lost his job on the NFL Network. 

Translation: Signing with Oakland brings sadness, pain, & misfortune. Just Kidding! Seriously though, you couldn't pay me enough to go there as an athlete. JMO. I'd opt for Cleveland before Oakland man. 

Everyone is pretty quick to name Carter the #4 Wr this is the same Carter that could not make Minnesota's practice squad 2 years ago. He has a lot to prove. The WR position needs an infusion of youth after losing Brazil and making the mistake of bringing Rogers on board.

We have our vet presence in AJ. We need to bring in young guys whether they are guys with a few years in the league or rookies. I don't see Nicks as anything but a step back.

Lenz is kind of an interesting guy from the PS. Lenz (5-foot-11 1/4, 201) was not invited to the Combine, but put himself on the draft radar with forty times of 4.36 and 4.37 at the ISU Pro Day. He added a 38.5-inch vertical and 10-foot-1 broad jump. That kind of speed is always interesting. He didn't look to bad during the preseason last year either.

I'd go with Lenz or whoever it is we draft.  We've already got two veteran receivers on the roster in T.Y. and A. Johnson. We can roll with that.  I think we have a good mix as it is right now. I'd go with Lenz and maybe somebody that is an upgrade over Lankford as the two PS players.  Then I would draft a good young WR like a Phillip Dorsett, Lockett from K State, or Jaelen Strong.

All this conversation about signing Nicks is done without real understanding how rosters are set.  Nicks would be the 4th WR at best and your 4th WR had better contribute on special teams.  That does not describe Nicks.  I think it is likely they add to the WR corps through the draft but not with Nicks right now.

If we resigned Nicks he would be a bench player at best. I can't see the Colts taking away snaps from Moncrief and possibly Carter; these are guys who are young and still raw and need all of the field time they can get, since they're the future here.

I like what we have now..

Hopefully Cribbs can get his act together..

All this conversation about signing Nicks is done without real understanding how rosters are set.  Nicks would be the 4th WR at best and your 4th WR had better contribute on special teams.  That does not describe Nicks.  I think it is likely they add to the WR corps through the draft but not with Nicks right now.

Exactly.

Don't see why people don't get that.

If Carter has a strong TC. I would put him ahead of Nicks in all honesty.

I see it like Skinns said, Nicks would be our 4th or 5th option on most plays. He probably wants to be a higher priority then that and that's probably why he has not been re-signed yet....Grigson letting him see what the demand is for his services....Hasn't seemed to be a demand for him yet from all I have read. I don't think he will be re-signed though, I think that 4th-5th spot will be filled in the draft

hearing he's getting zero offers. Should we sign him for real real real cheap like under 1m for the year

He signed a 1 year deal with the Colts hoping to have a good year and then sign a better contract in 2016. No doubt he didn't have a good enough year to get that done. 

With Hilton and Johnson as the starters and two promising big young guys behind them , why would Nicks want to resign with the Colts for would you describe as vet minimum ? Seems like that would really put him in a dead end situation unless the Colts had injuries. Plus not sure that the Colts don't want to give that playing time to Montcrief and Carter.