Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shaughnessy considers Colts a "tomato can."

ThatOneColtFan

Lol he is known for this type of thing! I am sure the Pats are not looking past the Colts, BB never allow such a thing. And I would have preferred noodle arm Manning here, I know he WOULD pee down his leg and lose here in the playoffs! He always does.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are SOOOO correct!

Carl Everett (former Red Sox player) used to refer to him as the "Curly Haired Boyfriend" of another Boston sports writer... 

He's really not very well liked. I think they've basically banned him from Fenway. 

I wouldn't get worked up about it. Shaughnessy is a notorious crank. Not exactly one of our most cherished journalists in Boston.

Plus he looks like Napoleon Dynamite in his 50s.

dan-shaughnessy.jpg

Looks like Benedict Cumberbatch went on a 4 month crack binge.

Carl Everett (former Red Sox player) used to refer to him as the "Curly Haired Boyfriend" of another Boston sports writer... 

He's really not very well liked. I think they've basically banned him from Fenway. 

Well, that will certainly keep Fenway a better looking ballpark.....

Oh great... The Colts followed that up by playing like a tomato can of poop. I hope he's wrong this time.

He called Houston a tomato can two years ago as well and they were. That is when this all started. So every year he is asked if the Pats match up is a tomato can. To his credit, he said the Ravens were not a tomato can.

The only problem when we win is there will be 1000 excuses as to why the Pats lost, none of which will be we were better

So basically what happened when we beat Denver?

There is no way that the Colts will win this game.  This will be the first game that any NFL team (the Colts) will have negative points on the scoreboard. 

Belichick, Brady, and the entire fanbase have visited an oracle in the Himalayas who stated that Brady must be blindfolded and win this game and will not be permitted to run at any time-he will still score eight touchdowns.  Belichick will not even be on the sidelines but will coach the team via Skype.  The video of ....(nah, too easy).

Blount and Gray will run for 300 yards each and Gronkowski will be throwing 20 yard passes to himself during trick plays.  

By the end of the game, all Colts fans will renounce their fanhood and all become Patriots fans.  This will be a law that is passed in the Indiana legislature.  Instead of Colts games on Sunday next season, former Colts fans will go to Lucas Oil Stadium to watch Patriot games on the big screen.  The horseshoe will be outlawed in the United States.  

Seriously, though, the game could go either way.  I think the Patriots are favored as they have home field advantage and the Colts are just now getting in a consistent rhythm.  However, any given Sunday.  

I can't believe i'm about to say this, but glad I live in CA if that happens!

I wouldn't get worked up about it. Shaughnessy is a notorious crank. Not exactly one of our most cherished journalists in Boston.

Plus he looks like Napoleon Dynamite in his 50s. 

dan-shaughnessy.jpg

I'm seeing Phil Simms and Carrot Tops genetically engineered son.

BTW. . .Avatar. . .not cool -omg-

Nice. Not everyone is blessed with good looks, and I'm sure those who aren't like knowing that they make you puke.

(Pats fan here--one who can't stand Shaughnessey.)

What made him so unattractive was his willingness to throw an entire organization under the bus without seeing anything good the Colts have done this season.  And, btw, I'm no beauty queen.  But, I'm sure I'm an ugly beast when I'm in a mood or if I'm ever that disrespectful to anyone!  :)

I had never even heard the "tomato can" reference so I had to look it up. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomato_can_%28sports_idiom%29

I guess it is a real thing, but it seems kind of stupid to insult someone with a reference most (especially those you are insulting) have never heard. Kinda like a joke no one gets, blame usually falls on the comedian.

I had never even heard the "tomato can" reference so I had to look it up. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomato_can_(sports_idiom)

I guess it is a real thing, but it seems kind of stupid to insult someone with a reference most (especially those you are insulting) have never heard. Kinda like a joke no one gets, blame usually falls on the comedian.

A joke is like a frog. If you have to dissect it, the frog dies.

In fairness to the critics, it's not as if the Colts showed they could hang with "elite" teams during the regular season. An elite team doesn't get embarrassed the way the Colts got embarrassed by the Steelers and Cowboys, and barely eek out a win versus the Browns,

But that was then and this is now, and the Colts are a prime example of how a team can peak at the right time. But even if they win the Super Bowl, it won't be enough for SOME people. They'll just say they got lucky, or that the other team "beat themselves" (as if that ever really happens), or blame it bad officiating.

Haters gonna hate.