Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nasty Boston Weather

chrisfarley

50% chance of snow, 43 degress high but moving down to 29 during the night with a wintry mix of rain and snow, UGH!!!!

Of course, that is where it stands today on the weather channel but things could change for the better or for the worse. 

Maybe the colts needs to pump some snow in with a snow maker on the outdoor field at Eagle Creek.  And then mix some sleet and rain in, and then have a life-size dummy of Tom Brady to punish through the blistery weather re-creation.

Maybe it's just me, but the weather doesn't worry me as much now that we have Andrew compared to the Peyton era.

Why?  When has Luck played well in bad weather?

(It's an honest question I can't think of any bad weather games Luck has played in other than the cold during last year's divsional playoff game).

Maybe it's just me, but the weather doesn't worry me as much now that we have Andrew compared to the Peyton era.

Ha, good point.  Well we have AV too.  Wait a minute, has he played good in bad weather yet?

Sunday Jan 18

43°

60%

Partly cloudy skies during the morning hours will give way to cloudy skies and rain in the afternoon. High 43F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

WindSW 12 mph

Humidity92%

UV Index 1 out of 10

Sunday Night

29°

50%

<1 in

Rain showers early mixing with snow showers late. Low 29F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 50%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.

WindWNW 14 mph

Humidity92%

We will deal with the rain primarily. Let's keep in mind that pass rushers and their footing to get after Luck or Brady will be affected just as much with the rain.

We will see how it goes.

If anything, it will force the Pats to run even more than before and maybe the Colts too.

(It's an honest question I can't think of any bad weather games Luck has played in other than the cold during last year's divsional playoff game).

I don't really think I feel that way because Andrew has played well in bad weather (I agree with you, can't really think of a bad weather game we played with him) but it's more of all the years agonizing watching weather forecast when we had Peyton. It just seemed liked the weather really affected how our team played back then.  

I don't really think I feel that way because Andrew has played well in bad weather (I agree with you, can't really think of a bad weather game we played with him) but it's more of all the years agonizing watching weather forecast when we had Peyton. It just seemed liked the weather really affected how our team played back then.

Week 17 was in a monsoon and on grass.

Luck can run, Brady not so much.  Brady has a lot of weapons so maybe that doesn't matter, but if AL has some good cleats on, I like him to run a little bit Sunday.  Crossing my fingers that someday Brady will slow down and BB's brain will slow down (and Sunday is the day)! 

A story I read said Luck is now 5-1 in games played in temps below 40 degrees.     Peyton was very sub-500.

Maybe the colts needs to pump some snow in with a snow maker on the outdoor field at Eagle Creek.  And then mix some sleet and rain in, and then have a life-size dummy of Tom Brady to punish through the blistery weather re-creation.

Have you not noticed the weather around Indy the past week?

Luck can run, Brady not so much.  Brady has a lot of weapons so maybe that doesn't matter, but if AL has some good cleats on, I like him to run a little bit Sunday.  Crossing my fingers that someday Brady will slow down and BB's brain will slow down (and Sunday is the day)! 

I don't think Brady has more weapons than Luck. Aside from Gronk, would you strongly take any of NE's skill players over the Colts skill players?

A story I read said Luck is now 5-1 in games played in temps below 40 degrees.     Peyton was very sub-500.

I think it has a lot to do with Luck being a great football player and great QB.  Peyton was a great QB.  Peyton was all about precision & timing which weather can affect.  Luck is a linebacker playing QB, so I worry less about the weather with him. 

Pretty much every running back.

That's a bit of an overstatement. For depth, yes. Starting, not so sure. I don't think Gray, Blount, and White are a better fit for this offense than Boom? I'd like to have Vereen and perhaps Boldin (although he's a stud ST more than RB) on the roster but again, not so sure in a starting role. I don't view any of the Pats RBs as that strong (or the Colts for that matter). Obviously the Colts are down to a two headed run game with Boom and Tipton--they have both been effective. 

I was at the Ravens game and the weather was supposed to be in the high teens with windchill at like 7. But there was almost no wind to speak of. My feet were freezing with two thick pair wool socks and another soft pair under those, but since nobody sat throughout the game and you just stood, you had room to move around and keep your feet warm. The temp last I checked for Sunday is going to be much better than the Ravens game. Was snowing in South Eastern MA today a bit, but nothing too bad. For home playoff games, I prefer snow, ice, wind and rain if I can get it!