Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nasty Boston Weather

chrisfarley

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, January 18, 2015 - Inflammatory
Hidden by SteelCityColt, January 18, 2015 - Inflammatory

the pats are known to cheat anyway they can and even in the past messed the playing field up on purpose. Remember a few years back when they got caught spraying down the field with water the night before a playoff game there so it would freeze over when marvin harrison and reggie wayne were coming to try and slow them down.Do Not put Anything pass shady brady and billacheat

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, January 18, 2015 - Quoting hidden
Hidden by SteelCityColt, January 18, 2015 - Quoting hidden

the pats are known to cheat anyway they can and even in the past messed the playing field up on purpose. Remember a few years back when they got caught spraying down the field with water the night before a playoff game there so it would freeze over when marvin harrison and reggie wayne were coming to try and slow them down.Do Not put Anything pass shady brady and billacheat

well it's now field turf up there so it's going to be a lot harder for them to mess with the field. I wouldn't worry about. BB is going to walk right up to the line of the rules and now and then stick his toe over it. It's what he does and he's not going to change. That's part of what makes beating him so much fun.

I don't think Brady has more weapons than Luck. Aside from Gronk, would you strongly take any of NE's skill players over the Colts skill players?

just said he has a lot of weapons, I did not compare them to ours.  but to answer your question, I would take ours over theirs as a whole.

I was at the Ravens game and the weather was supposed to be in the high teens with windchill at like 7. But there was almost no wind to speak of. My feet were freezing with two thick pair wool socks and another soft pair under those, but since nobody sat throughout the game and you just stood, you had room to move around and keep your feet warm. The temp last I checked for Sunday is going to be much better than the Ravens game. Was snowing in South Eastern MA today a bit, but nothing too bad. For home playoff games, I prefer snow, ice, wind and rain if I can get it!

it's going to be nasty

Ummmmm I wouldnt be too sure about that. Latest forecast I saw said 47 degrees with a high chance if rain and 5-10 mph winds.Thats faaaaaaar from nasty weather. It could all though.

I'd have to see that to believe it,,,,, lol.  I was just talking with a New Englander today and he told me freezing rain, sleet, snow, 27 degrees in the 2nd half and just a miserable wind.   He acted like it would be weather as normal for Brady.  Kind of like he takes his lunch pail to work in the worst of weather conditions and is never affected. 

I'd have to see that to believe it,,,,, lol. I was just talking with a New Englander today and he told me freezing rain, sleet, snow, 27 degrees in the 2nd half and just a miserable wind. He acted like it would be weather as normal for Brady. Kind of like he takes his lunch pail to work in the worst of weather conditions and is never affected.

Well if hes NE fan I'd expect he's gonna say that type of thing. But any of the forecasts I've seen do not say that at all!!! It's all just a forecast anyways... its could be totally different than what anyone expects when the game get here. We'll just have to see.

Well if hes NE fan I'd expect he's gonna say that type of thing. But any of the forecasts I've seen do not say that at all!!! It's all just a forecast anyways... its could be totally different than what anyone expects when the game get here. We'll just have to see.

still 15 1/2 hours from game time and the weather does look good from many forecasts.

Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, January 18, 2015 - Quoting hidden
Hidden by SteelCityColt, January 18, 2015 - Quoting hidden

the pats are known to cheat anyway they can...

Wow, still with that? I got sick of reading that on the Ravens forum, so I came here. If you lose today, please just man up and say you got beat. Don't blame trick plays, don't blame Brady yelling at refs, don't blame anything but your team, please.

The weather is the same for both teams.  It will not be raining only on the Colts sideline.

That's true, however teams handle weather differently. A dome/warm weather team may or may not see harsh weather in an entire season. Patriots see it each and every season. This is what weather can do for a team used to it and a team not used to it:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=291018017

That's true, however teams handle weather differently. A dome/warm weather team may or may not see harsh weather in an entire season. Patriots see it each and every season. This is what weather can do for a team used to it and a team not used to it:

That game was in the snow vs a horrible team ... no ? I've read that Brady is not so great thus far in his 15 years in the rain. Something like a 73 QB rating..?

Not a whole lot of awful weather conditions to point to in Andrew's NFL career....but I do remember this game he played in at Stanford, and it pretty much rained from beginning to end.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=313230024

And yes....I understand that playing Cal is different than playing the Patriots....but for those looking for some reference as to his play in rainy conditions I guess this is a positive note for you. He had a pretty good game under really crappy conditions.

That game was in the snow vs a horrible team ... no ? I've read that Brady is not so great thus far in his 15 years in the rain. Something like a 73 QB rating..?

Here is what I found on another site, from about 3 months ago:

According to Yahoo's split stats, Tom Brady has played 15 games in "precipitation" (which could be rain or snow) and has a QB rating of 92.1. In those 15 games he has thrown for 22 TDs, so about 1.5 TDs per game.

That stats don't mean anything to me.  Is it possible that the poor weather team could have won in perfect conditions too?  The Pats have played well throughout the years in all conditions and won largely because they are a good team and not because of the weather.

Here is what I was ultimately getting at.

1) The Colts are led by a tough minded SOB in their QB.  They will follow his lead and I damn sure believe he will play well in all conditions.

2) I don't think post game anyone should be on here saying how much the weather impacted the game.  If the Colts lose, I don't think the weather should be used as crutch for us Colts fans or thrown in our face by Pats saying how they could not handle it.  The winning team will have played better regardless of conditions.

Hope that makes sense.

That stats don't mean anything to me.  Is it possible that the poor weather team could have won in perfect conditions too?  The Pats have played well throughout the years in all conditions and won largely because they are a good team and not because of the weather.

In a nutshell, a dome team isn't going to play as well as the Patriots in bad weather. Teams don't necessarily win because of weather, they win with the help of the weather. As a Patriots fan, every playoff game I want freezing, rain and snow. If the opponent is a cold weather team, well not much of a factor. But if your opponent is say Miami Dolphins, San Diego, or Indy, the weather plays a big part, especially since by anyone's definition, the Patriots are the better team. Now we can argue one way or the other, but I would say the expert consensus by the folks who keep track of this stuff, would say NE is better. If you couple that with bad weather, the opponent is starting in a hole they have to dig themselves out of.

But all this means nothing until tonight.

In a nutshell, a dome team isn't going to play as well as the Patriots in bad weather. Teams don't necessarily win because of weather, they win with the help of the weather. As a Patriots fan, every playoff game I want freezing, rain and snow. If the opponent is a cold weather team, well not much of a factor. But if your opponent is say Miami Dolphins, San Diego, or Indy, the weather plays a big part, especially since by anyone's definition, the Patriots are the better team. Now we can argue one way or the other, but I would say the expert consensus by the folks who keep track of this stuff, would say NE is better. If you couple that with bad weather, the opponent is starting in a hole they have to dig themselves out of.

But all this means nothing until tonight.

If NE is so much better, you shouldn't need to wish for bad weather, right?