Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Khaled Holmes

kansascolt

PFF had him with an extremely low rating last week.  Not sure how given how much better the line looked but their opinion is no.  Obviously the line has given Luck more time the last 2 games than I ever remember him getting so I certainly won't complain if Holmes is the guy moving forward.  I've learned to stop trying to predict what the coaching staff will do with the line though.  Definitely not going to complain about how they've got the line playing currently though!

Can we safely say that he is our center moving forward into next season? This current unit with him at center has played just as good as any line in football.

Like Danfish said, PFF had him rated very low last week.  If you read Ben Gundy's analysis on Colts Authority, you'll see why.

He looked decent yesterday.  There's room for improvement at that position.  I'm not sure if it's Ship or Harrison, but it's nice to have options.

What will probably happen is Holmes will play well in the AFCC game, Colts will win and move on the the SB and the coaches will take that time to work harrison back into the starting lineup, Luck will get sacked 6 times and pressured another 10 and Grigs and Pags will say that Harrison played well but has some things to work on just like the rest of the team.

What will probably happen is Holmes will play well in the AFCC game, Colts will win and move on the the SB and the coaches will take that time to work harrison back into the starting lineup, Luck will get sacked 6 times and pressured another 10 and Grigs and Pags will say that Harrison played well but has some things to work on just like the rest of the team.

Like Danfish said, PFF had him rated very low last week. If you read Ben Gundy's analysis on Colts Authority, you'll see why.

He looked decent yesterday. There's room for improvement at that position. I'm not sure if it's Ship or Harrison, but it's nice to have options.

PFF graded every lineman negatively yesterday

PFF graded every lineman negatively yesterday

It may be a case of the line being better as a whole than as individuals.  Which is how it's supposed to be.

I'll wait for Gundy, he's very thorough.  If that was a negative performance, I'll take it any day.

If the line is performing well, I wont complain.  He does have a lot to work on, but I'll definitely give him the benefit of the doubt.  He didn't get to play last season, and has been used only at the end of this season.  He will get better.  Now only if we can use our 1st round pick on a RG or bring a good one in via FA.  I think once Cherilus heals up, we may have a consistently good OL.  Can you say DYNASTY?

I like what he's done and seems to be very good at making the calls. he has less game experience than Shipley or Harrison, but seems to get better and more comfortable each week. I hope he is our center of the future, we can let all three work through the off season and battle it out in training camp. May the best man win.

It may be a case of the line being better as a whole than as individuals.  Which is how it's supposed to be.

I'll wait for Gundy, he's very thorough.  If that was a negative performance, I'll take it any day.

Or PFF leaves a lot to be desired

If the line is performing well, I wont complain.  He does have a lot to work on, but I'll definitely give him the benefit of the doubt.  He didn't get to play last season, and has been used only at the end of this season.  He will get better.  Now only if we can use our 1st round pick on a RG or bring a good one in via FA.  I think once Cherilus heals up, we may have a consistently good OL.  Can you say DYNASTY?

To be honest, I'm a little worried about Cherilus healing up.  There were major concerns about his knee issue prior to us signing him (Cherilus himself said he thinks J. Clowney who has a similar injury 'is screwed').  I think Mewhort has potential at RT, though I really like what we've gotten out of him at guard.  I'm hoping we get a few maulers on the OL this offseason and think we definitely have room for improvement across the line, though I imagine Costanzo and Mewhort are the 2 players we have who will be in place for a long time..  IMO, take the best OL available in a couple of the earlier rounds - we could use improvement and competition at all spots, but especially C, RG, and RT with some skepticism that Cherilus won't make it all the way back to his old self.  I think Holmes has potential to be a good C or RG if he can stay healthy, so would not mind one bit if we go after another C this offseason.

Can we safely say that he is our center moving forward into next season? This current unit with him at center has played just as good as any line in football.

Yeah his been playing good and need year his going to be a pro bowler watch

PFF had him with an extremely low rating last week. Not sure how given how much better the line looked but their opinion is no. Obviously the line has given Luck more time the last 2 games than I ever remember him getting so I certainly won't complain if Holmes is the guy moving forward. I've learned to stop trying to predict what the coaching staff will do with the line though. Definitely not going to complain about how they've got the line playing currently though!

pff is a joke

He seems to get man handled in the middle. A lot of plays he just doesn't seem to have the physicality. I will give him a pass so long as Luck is getting the protection he has been getting.

I am sure the Colts took a deep sigh of relief breath knowing that YOU are giving Holmes as pass.

Curious though - what happens to player and team if you decide to not give them a pass?

I am sure the Colts took a deep sigh of relief breath knowing that YOU are giving Holmes as pass.

Curious though - what happens to player and team if you decide to not give them a pass?

Oh wow, Mr Passive-Aggressive. Congratulations on completely missing the point.

Stop being so high and mighty and assuming that I am so self important that I think people care what I think. When I say I give him a pass I mean I dont care about his performance. Nothig to do with anyone else. Fool.

Oh wow, Mr Passive-Aggressive. Congratulations on completely missing the point.

Stop being so high and mighty and assuming that I am so self important that I think people care what I think. When I say I give him a pass I mean I dont care about his performance. Nothig to do with anyone else. Fool.

Play nicely children... :P