Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pep Interviewed

IndyD4U

I think it's in Pep's best interest to stay a cpl more years, pad the resume as an OC a little better, in hopes of landing a job with better chances of success than say with the Raiders.  That is if some of the people around here would put down their pitchforks and torches and quit trying to run him out of town.

He's done a very good job here.  He even admitted that he has to set up plays to account for our O line blocking, and he's done that well.

I was watching the Ravens game and I really liked some of their misdirection plays.  I kind of wish we'd run that style.  I don't think their O line is any better than ours.

I have mixed feelings on pep at times but overall I think he's done a good job with what he has to work with. I think a better OC could get a little more production but a bulk of OCs in this league would have gotten less than he has this year.

Good for Oakland for looking at new blood, it may be what they need (as opposed to shannahan or another retread)

I think it's in Pep's best interest to stay a cpl more years, pad the resume as an OC a little better, in hopes of landing a job with better chances of success than say with the Raiders.  That is if some of the people around here would put down their pitchforks and torches and quit trying to run him out of town.

I wish he would stay but it's not likely happening.  The money in being an NFL head coach is just too good to turn down any job, even if it's with the Raiders.

He's done a very good job here.  He even admitted that he has to set up plays to account for our O line blocking, and he's done that well.

I was watching the Ravens game and I really liked some of their misdirection plays.  I kind of wish we'd run that style.  I don't think their O line is any better than ours.

They have Marshall Yanda, who is the best Guard in the NFL. The rest of their Line is average to below average from what I remember though. They sure can open some great holes up for Justin Forsett.

Yeah, that's probably the other way around. 

There might be something to it.  I don't know if teams are allowed to sign coordinators away from teams who are still in the playoffs.  They can certainly interview them but I don't know if they can sign them to the job during that time period.

On the other hand teams often want to get their coaching staff in place sooner rather then later.  Unless they are sure they have found their guy, a lot of teams don't want to wait.

Word is that going to the Super Bowl probably cost Adam Gase and Dan Quinn job offers last season. That might be overblown, though.

Yeah I totally misread what Stephen was saying. I thought he meant "If we get far enough Pep will stay to try and finish the job next year"

Pretty obvious what he meant now after yous pointed it out. Lol

The Ravens have a much better O line than we do.

They do, but they have some issues that they cover up with the bootlegs. Kubiak has been doing that for a long time. It's part of the reason he got the Texans job to begin with.

I'm not convinced it's that much better.  As Jared pointed out, they have a great guard.  The rest of the line is no better than ours.

I agree, those bootlegs cause major problems for a defense.  I know we don't want to wear Luck out, but we really should incorporate more of that into our offense.

I'm not convinced it's that much better.  As Jared pointed out, they have a great guard.  The rest of the line is no better than ours.

I agree, those bootlegs cause major problems for a defense.  I know we don't want to wear Luck out, but we really should incorporate more of that into our offense.

Yeah, we don't have to do it to the degree Kubiak does. And it mostly takes away the backside of the field, so someone has to get open. But I think there are plenty of benefits to rolling Luck out from time to time.

My inner cynic suggests a Rooney Rule motivator...get it done quick and out of the way. Any other minorities on the list?

Todd Bowles is supposed to interview this week.

My post was an underhanded dig at the people who have said Pep is only a Rooney candidate. I think McKenzie flying to Indy kind of undoes that entire line of speculation. He could have flown to Arizona to interview Bowles yesterday. Unless Bowles has turned him down -- which he may have, though I haven't heard that so far -- it indicates that Raiders are genuinely interested in Pep. Throw in the Bay area connections and the desire for a guy who can work with their young QB, and it makes sense. 

They have two excellent guards, a solid LT, and from what I have heard ricky Wagner played really well as the season went on...although he eventually got put on IR.

I think Pep should stay with Luck. Playoffs orChampionships every year and when he decides to leave he'll command a pretty hefty contract.

You never know what you will get going out to Oakland.  Hopefully he'd do well, but could end up in the grave yard like some of the other

coaches who went to Oakland.

They have two excellent guards, a solid LT, and from what I have heard ricky Wagner played really well as the season went on...although he eventually got put on IR.

Monroe didn't even play against the Steelers, and they've been moving guys around so Yanda could fill in at RT.

Point being, their Oline was makeshift against Pittsburgh but they found ways to run with misdirection and some roll outs. They weren't overpowering but they had a decent game.

Our line now was as good as theirs, IMO. Pep chose to set up the run with the pass, and that's okay. I would still like to see some of the style that Kubiak came up with.

I think Pep should stay with Luck. Playoffs orChampionships every year and when he decides to leave he'll command a pretty hefty contract.

You never know what you will get going out to Oakland.  Hopefully he'd do well, but could end up in the grave yard like some of the other

coaches who went to Oakland.

Yeah, that's pretty much my assessment on the Raiders too regarding Pep Hamilton. QB Derek Carr is legit as well as the low expectations of that fanbase in CA. 

Hamilton needs to stay with Luck & go to the Lombardi promiseland 1st. But, I said the same thing about Bruce Arians & he's doing fine in AZ so what the hades do I know? LOL! 

On principle, I agree with you though krunk. Stay put in INDY for now.