Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We're letting too many talented players go...

bap1331

Loucheiz Purifoy, Chris Rainey, Brazill, Darick Rodgers, Whalen, Shipley (now benched), Whalen, the cornerback who i cant remember and went to show his talent some and now Wes Saunders?!

Even the players who did minor things were let go. I think a suspension from the team would have been enough. It was like if Mathis shouldve been let go for the test but we all know he was using it for fertility. Im just surprised the Patriots havent picked them up yet but if they do, theyre going to grill us. We can really use Brazill, Whalen, and Darick if we let go of Nicks.  Purifoy is too talented to let go, his college highlights are amazing and hasnt gotten a shot to start yet..

Shipley would help alot though for the oline...

We're letting players go that have potential talent for players that are proven talent. Mostly all those players you mentioned play positions where we have good, young, focused talent. I would not trade a player on the team in any of those positions to have them back...

You have to set the standard as an organization that you will not tolerate violations of the rules, it's not about minor incidents but rather holding the players accountable. Especially when they're known for messing up.

You can hold players accountable without cutting them first time you suspend them for a week or two then if they keep messing up then cut them but if its minor fine them its so stupid to just cut somebody that has a lot of talent for one tiny mistake the colts will never improve if they keep doing this.

Loucheiz Purifoy, Chris Rainey, Brazill, Darick Rodgers, Whalen, Shipley (now benched), Whalen, the cornerback who i cant remember and went to show his talent some and now Wes Saunders?!

Even the players who did minor things were let go. I think a suspension from the team would have been enough. It was like if Mathis shouldve been let go for the test but we all know he was using it for fertility. Im just surprised the Patriots havent picked them up yet but if they do, theyre going to grill us. We can really use Brazill, Whalen, and Darick if we let go of Nicks.  Purifoy is too talented to let go, his college highlights are amazing and hasnt gotten a shot to start yet..

Guys like Rainey, Rogers, Brazill couldn't stop messing up while Shipley and Griff are the only debatable ones. If you can't recall a guys name he must not be that important... and Purifoy got hurt, and the team needed to use the roster spot. Nicks hasn't done much with ample opportunity. Moncrief is much better. The rest of you comment is pretty hilarious.

You can hold players accountable without cutting them first time you suspend them for a week or two then if they keep messing up then cut them but if its minor fine them its so stupid to just cut somebody that has a lot of talent for one tiny mistake the colts will never improve if they keep doing this.

I agree. I believe a suspension from the Colts would be fine. Now if it was serious like Ray Rice or AP i would agree.

Even the players who did minor things were let go. I think a suspension from the team would have been enough. It was like if Mathis shouldve been let go for the test but we all know he was using it for fertility. Im just surprised the Patriots havent picked them up yet but if they do, theyre going to grill us. We can really use Brazill, Whalen, and Darick if we let go of Nicks. Purifoy is too talented to let go, his college highlights are amazing and hasnt gotten a shot to start yet..

lmao you are joking right?

Bap.....

Love your enthusiasm....     but you're worrying too much.

If Chuck Pagano and Ryan Grigson,  two guys with the longest leash imaginable let these guys go,  then it's OK.

Some were let go because we got better players in their spot.   Others were let go because of consistent violation of team rules.

In the grand scheme of things,  it's best for the team.    You've got to show them you're always looking to make the team as good as they can possibly make it.   

And that's what Grigs and Pags do.    They're constantly trying to make the team as good as is possible.

I agree. I believe a suspension from the Colts would be fine. Now if it was serious like Ray Rice or AP i would agree.

Brazill has been caught twice with failed tests, Rainey likes to pay with fire extinguishers allegedly, and Rogers (no d) got a dui which along with his past is troubling. There is talent... but having guys like that around isn't worth the trouble. 

Who was cut for 1 mistake? I can't think of anyone. Didn't they just suspend Thornton for a game last week?

I'd say the Colts are doing as you want!

Guys like Rainey, Rogers, Brazill couldn't stop messing up while Shipley and Griff are the only debatable ones. If you can't recall a guys name he must not be that important... and Purifoy got hurt, and the team needed to use the roster spot. Nicks hasn't done much with ample opportunity. Moncrief is much better. The rest of you comment is pretty hilarious.

So far it seems like Cribbs is a much more dynamic returner than Griff, and Griff is on our PS -- I agree with that move for sure.  I think Purifoy screwed up like the first 3. 

If they are a pure knucklehead, do they truly have # 1 potential?

Josh Gordon? Then of course you have guys like Moss and TO from back in the day. I understand your point, but I think Rogers is just young and prone to making stupid decisions like a lot of guys. I think he would have figured it out eventually.

Ok I could be wrong here but is Rainey, Rogers and Brazil all currently avail? Purify is as well and you want to lump Saunders into an elite type group?

Out of all of them, I really want to see griff succeed here because after all, you need that complement of hands/possession type guy along with your speed type guys. We all know TY is the speed guy and getting better with routes. We haven't had enough film on Moncrief to say whether he is a speed or routes types guy. We have Fleener and Allen who can both catch under neath or fleener a little deeper so the mixture needs a hands guy who gets forgotten but always makes that catch. That is now belonging to Wayne (maybe not the forgotten part).

As for the part about suspending them instead of cutting them for one tiny mistake (btw, nobody knows what or how many times they had been given warnings on) what does it matter if the team addresses it internally (no suspensions given to make it public) vs the suspensend mode to make everyone know your team business? I can choose to correct my children by punishing them with no Xbox or beating them with a belt, both probably get the same result in the end and nobody gets hurt by taking away an Xbox.

I think the team is ok, I just wished these kids would quit squandering their chances that chuck and Griggs keep passing out. Nobody wins

The league is littered with talent. It's short on guys with undeterred focus and commitment.

Instead of being upset with the team, let's be upset that Purifoy, Rogers, Brazill, etc... can't show the commitment needed to be a contributor. After all, we were the team to give them their chance to prove themselves.

Not sure if serious. All of the above are journeymen at best, never stayed with a team for more than 1 year. By the way some are talking about Shipley, we'd think that he's Alex Mack.