Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Questions to Colts fans.

IcEWoLF

Hi guys, seeing what Bruce Arians is doing with the Cardinals, would you rather have Arians at the helm of the Colts or still keep Chuck?

Andrew is having a monster year, but one can only imagine how much better he would be with Bruce Arians leading the way...

In my opinion Arians does very well with his players, he just gets them to play really well.

Hi guys, seeing what Bruce Arians is doing with the Cardinals, would you rather have Arians at the helm of the Colts or still keep Chuck?

Andrew is having a monster year, but one can only imagine how much better he would be with Bruce Arians leading the way...

In my opinion Arians does very well with his players, he just gets them to play really well.

Arians.

No doubt. Bruce Arians.

Why is this even brought up? Arians has a contract with Arizona. He is not going anywhere. Wishing him back is a waist of time and thought. We lose a game and now the sky is falling. Arians done a great job when he was a Colt. He is not a Colt and I highly doubt he will ever be a Colt again.

In my opinion Arians does very well with his players, he just gets them to play really 

Arian should be our coach but it was just bad timing. Pagano has no clue and its amazing how many times his team is not prepared after last night you can see him and Grigson have put together a flawed team. Hope Irsay wakes up before its to late 

Arian should be our coach but it was just bad timing. Pagano has no clue and its amazing how many times his team is not prepared after last night you can see him and Grigson have put together a flawed team. Hope Irsay wakes up before its to late

Newsflash - it's too late.

I'm not sure that having Bruce Arians as our coach - specifically - is the answer, so much as it is a coach who can maximize the potential of given talent, create strategies that allow that to be realized, and creates tactics that fulfill the strategies.

IMO, our the talent level of our current players is quite sufficient, but not being realized.

I prefer Arians to Pagano. He was more aggressive offensively. Also he just seems to know how to get his guys to play inspired ball. That counts for a lot.

I thought Pagano knew defense but only our scheme has changed. The end results are still the same...can't stop the run. Colts have looked ill prepared too many times under his watch for my liking.

I prefer Arians to Pagano. He was more aggressive offensively. Also he just seems to know how to get his guys to play inspired ball. That counts for a lot.

I thought Pagano knew defense but only our scheme has changed. The end results are still the same...can't stop the run. Colts have looked ill prepared too many times under his watch for my liking.

Arians would have completely abandoned the run game last night and just let Luck throw it deep, who cares if you get picked off, you're down by 20.

Arians.  I'm starting to think that Pagano would have been better as a coordinator.  I like Pagano but he looks very confused at times.  

I think so too.  Chuck's health problems in his first season were bad timing.  His recovery and return were a triumph and a real victory, but it overshadowed the fact that we really knew nothing of his abilities as a head coach.  Arians, to his credit filled in wonderfully and deservedly departed.  Now that we've seen what Chuck's teams are for the past two seasons, it's hard to call him a failure or a great success.  IMO, a team that has so many comeback wins indicates that they weren't well prepared to start the game, but did have the talent and adjustments to win.  NE has a great coaching staff - they get the right players and find ways to adjust and modify their game plan.  So many of their assistants and coordinators have been tabbed as head coaches by other teams, and in some cases they return or are replaced by others who've been head coaches as well.  It seems our assistants/coordinators have always been castoffs from other teams or guys new to that position.

I'll stick with Pagano. He proved everyone wrong last year that said Bruce actually won the games in the first season and he went 11-5 again the next season defeating the 49ers, Seahawks, and Broncos. If we build some momemtum and get more consistent on defense, we can still make some noise this year. Pagano won a playoff game in year 2 and I know they were in a better division but Pagano won more games then him last year with a worst defense and it could be said a worst offense.

It's hard to say.  In some aspects, I would want Arians.  He seems more aggressive and more open to doing whatever he can to win.  Our current coaching staff seems to be very set on making guys fit their system instead of playing guys who would work better.  But at the same time, I prefer Pep's offensive system to Bruce's.  Bruce's system was one major reason why Luck took a lot of hits, threw a lot of picks, and had a low completion percentage.  There are some aspects where Pagano and our current coaches are better and some aspects where Bruce is better.

This thread again..........

OK. It's a hypothetical question. I get it. But I'd want Arians, hands down. Chuck Pagano seems like a nice guy, but he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. You'd love to have a guy like Chuck doing your plumbing work, but he's completely out of his depth as an NFL head coach. Another part of the problem may be the assistants he's hired around him. Way too many coaches with precious little NFL experience, and NFL football is a very different world from the college game. You have to make adjustments, not only opponent to opponent, but also on the fly within the game, and these guys just keep doing the same thing, over and over.  The Colts' wins are the result of a few very talented guys outplaying the game plan they're given to work with.