Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What do you wanna see against the Giants?

RockThatBlue

1. Better o line play. They were physically abused all day long, Luck one of these days won't get up after taking crazy hits at this rate.

2. Better pass rush. Werner or somebody has got to step up and get some hits on Manning. Hitting a qb once like we did against Pittsburgh is flat out unacceptable. Manusky and Pagano better figure out something quick.

3. I felt like we went away from the run game too early against Pittsburgh. I would like to see us try to establish a run game, and if we are losing to not go away from it so quickly.

4. For Pete sake, let Moncrief take over for Nicks. Nicks had a real shot to show his worth with Reggie being out, but fell flat on his face.

5. A win and overall our defense must play better.

This is my list. Feel free to add more to it unless you disagree with something which is fine.

Your thoughts?

1. Better o line play. They were physically abused all day long, Luck one of these days won't get up after taking crazy hits at this rate.

2. Better pass rush. Werner or somebody has got to step up and get some hits on Manning. Hitting a qb once like we did against Pittsburgh is flat out unacceptable. Manusky and Pagano better figure out something quick.

3. I felt like we went away from the run game too early against Pittsburgh. I would like to see us try to establish a run game, and if we are losing to not go away from it so quickly.

4. For Pete sake, let Moncrief take over for Nicks. Nicks had a real shot to show his worth with Reggie being out, but fell flat on his face.

5. A win and overall our defense must play better.

This is my list. Feel free to add more to it unless you disagree with something which is fine.

Your thoughts?

I just want to win don't really care who how or why just get the W and go get some rest for the home stretch

Physicality by our O Line.....I sincerely hope they feel humiliated in this area after the performance they gave because they just did not get beat they got abused. They also need to go back to basics I think...Though this far into the season I believe we are way past that....They repeatedly got stood up or played to tall leaving D Linemen and Linebackers to easily get into there chest and blow them backwards.......And for god sakes why do we have to be such a stickler with Man Blocking.....That's not us...Not going to be us.......Try Gap Blocking, Angle Blocking....Throw some Zone in there....I know Gilbert wanted to do this from his initial interview upon being promoted but there has not been much of it at all this year.....Why not?

Another thing...I don't know if our Guards assignment at times is to turn towards the Center to help him out......Im beginning to suspect it is as much as it goes on....But it needs to stop....All that accomplishes is leaving a gaping hole for a Linebacker or Stunting D Linemen to run right through

With Walden out its hard to imagine that anyone is going to create pressure from the outside of this defense..

Studebaker, Butler aren't good at all at rushing the QB.

Werner can easily be eliminated, and Newsome is still developing, but the same can be said for Werner. Pressure is going to have to come from the inside, unless Manuskey gets creative.

I honestly just don't have a lot of faith in the personnel we have right now.. (Especially with Walden out)

Believe it or not a big part of the D was game plan and  D calls. Totally got away from the principles of what was making this D a good one. Lack of aggresiviness.

Nah I think the Steelers O Line just played a lot better then any of us expected, I expected we could give there Tackles fits but that never really happened and Vontae went down early and that just made the problem implode, There O Line just dominated our D Line physically

Nah I think the Steelers O Line just played a lot better then any of us expected, I expected we could give there Tackles fits but that never really happened and Vontae went down early and that just made the problem implode, There O Line just dominated our D Line physically

Not with a 3 man rush you wont. We wont beat much of anyone lol ,makes an O line look great. :spit: Your correct on V D

An angry football team

Damn straight. They should be embarrassed after last weekend, especially the defense.

Despite the D's dominance the previous few weeks (obviously not including last weekend), they have a lot to prove this coming Monday night after that abysmal showing against the Steelers.... and they know it.

Believe it or not a big part of the D was game plan and  D calls. Totally got away from the principles of what was making this D a good one. Lack of aggresiviness.

Exactly...you don't practice until Wednesday, you simply cannot prepare for the array of offense that the Steelers threw at us.  We came out totally vanilla in this game rushing 3 and not engaging the receivers off of the line.

We did not go with a couple of the blitz packages we had in the last few games either.  I thought it was a very poorly coached game on the defensive side....

I also think the offense got overconfident the way they ripped down the field the first drive. (only to get a field goal)

27-0 to 51-34 says it all.