Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mewhort Out

Cynjin

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do they have Lance Louis starting again?  I found his performance underwhelming in last week's game, while Harrison impressed me more when he played

I felt that way at first. After rewatching, I thought Louis was fine. No issues in pass protection. He wasn't blowing holes open in the run game, and was sloppy at times, but I thought he was okay. Not as good as Thornton, obviously, but no worse than Harrison in his few snaps against the Jags. I'm kind of "meh" on both of them, to be honest.

Yep, and Sergio Brown will start for Landry, and Lance Louis will start at LG Sunday and Thornton is back at RG per Pagano

Man....that really is a bummer. Mewhort has played so well these past few weeks. At least Thornton is back. Where did you hear Sergio was starting??

I felt that way at first. After rewatching, I thought Louis was fine. No issues in pass protection. He wasn't blowing holes open in the run game, and was sloppy at times, but I thought he was okay. Not as good as Thornton, obviously, but no worse than Harrison in his few snaps against the Jags. I'm kind of "meh" on both of them, to be honest.

I never really watched Louis during the game, good to hear his performance was better than expected. I hope Mewhorts injury isn't extensive.

Ditto.  Watched Shipley, Mewhort and Louis specifically.  Louis was solid IMO.  Had only a couple big gaffs as I recall.  One time, he switched off on to the wrong man and allowed a blitzer to get through.  But he doesn't get overpowered and is pretty quick.  Mewhort is going to be a beast.  The guy just doesn't get moved easily and looks to be strong as an ox.  Shipley really impressed me (maybe I'm comparing him with Satele), but he has good balance (don't recall him falling on his butt once) and was pushed back into Luck maybe only once.  I like this o line.  They're "dancing" together very well.

From what I recall (and your recollection is probably better), the OL seemed to open running lanes better as a unit with Harrison than what they did with Louis.  It might be similar to the Shipley/Satele situation where Satele was the superior talent, but the OL performed better with Shipley.  Louis might be the better talent, but the OL appeared to block better with Harrison.  I don't recall Louis getting beat very badly and giving up sacks all over the place, but I do recall seeing him struggle to open up running lanes

From what I recall (and your recollection is probably better), the OL seemed to open running lanes better as a unit with Harrison than what they did with Louis.  It might be similar to the Shipley/Satele situation where Satele was the superior talent, but the OL performed better with Shipley.  Louis might be the better talent, but the OL appeared to block better with Harrison.  I don't recall Louis getting beat very badly and giving up sacks all over the place, but I do recall seeing him struggle to open up running lanes

I don't know how to grade Harrison on 8 snaps. He wasn't bad in those 8 snaps. In the preseason, I wasn't impressed with Harrison at center.

I thought Louis was fine. Not a world beater, but he got some push and sealed some holes. Cherilus was more concerning on Sunday, to be honest. And just in general, some of the run blocking was sloppy, like some pulls from Mewhort not finding defenders, or Doyle coming out of the backfield and not blocking anyone, etc. Louis missed some run blocks also, but I didn't think he was the reason we struggled to open up lanes. Again, Thornton is definitely better, but I'm not down on Louis at all. 

JMO

From what I recall (and your recollection is probably better), the OL seemed to open running lanes better as a unit with Harrison than what they did with Louis. It might be similar to the Shipley/Satele situation where Satele was the superior talent, but the OL performed better with Shipley. Louis might be the better talent, but the OL appeared to block better with Harrison. I don't recall Louis getting beat very badly and giving up sacks all over the place, but I do recall seeing him struggle to open up running lanes

Harrison only played 8 snaps.. not a good enough sample size for me.

Apparently,  you haven't seen many of the Colts games the last 2 1/4 years........

A belated welcome to you!

Seriously, the coaches will have these next few days to prep for the Ravens front four.  Lance Louis will be prepared for the game.. This is better than a in "game injury".