Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Greg Toler not Particpating in Workouts

Bluefire4

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We may never see this guy play again.

If he plays 4 games that would be a miracle never understood why Grigson signed him along with Landry I no we one 11 games 2 years in a row, Luck had a lot to do with it not Grigson's free agent disaster's on D

I said when he first sustained his groin injury it could conceivably linger the rest of last season.

I am glad they did surgery making it 'less likely' it will be 'chronic.'  Good luck in your recovery James! :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

Greg....James was a baseball player I played against long ago Fish...  HA HA!

I feel more confidant in Howell at S than Toler at CB. Toler is not that good even when he's healthy.

I hope we draft secondary with our first two picks.

Contrary to public opinion our secondary was solid when he was healthy.....the unit played well TOGETHER.

They are just playing it safe while he recovers from surgery.

I agree with the other poster glad he had surgery now he has had his ACL fixed and a sports hernia surgery. Hopefully he is fixed.

Seriously if Toler could stay healthy he is a good player maybe this is the year he finally pulls it together for a full season. We have to spend at least one hopefully 2 picks on the back end of our defense. Luckily for us this draft is deep on the back end.   

I'll dump on Toler because he can't stay healthy.  But I don't see how we can bash him when he was healthy.  In fact, up till his injury, wasn't the talk that we had one of the best secondaries in the league? 

Toler stunk it up last year

You guys must have slept when the defense was shutting teams down.

The unit was solid as a whole when he was down...in total disarray with him out.  See Davis and Landry's continued problems with the long ball.

Without question the Colts were a better team with a healthy Toler.

LOL... Yeah Brent, I'm just concerned with depth in the secondary this year. I like the talent at cb in this years draft. I hope we draft a cb early to at least push Toler for competition.

I agree.  

I see some other misinformed youth called Toler a waste.  He probably does not analyze football.  Maybe cheerleaders?  Cannot say I blame him, but he does not watch the game.

Pagano likes Toler when healthy and that is all that matters...we were MUCH better with him healthy.

Now someone needs to attack Walden again.  Haters!  I want some support for this football team and staff..they are pretty damned good!!

What? You're calling Cassius "AFC Defensive Player of the Week" Vaughn awful?

Sacrilege!

Ha Ha!  I have been all over him since he got here.  I saw him turn and face the ball once in the entire time he was here one on one.

I liked him better than David Reed...not bringing it out of the end-zone...:)

Those are you saying Toler is a waste are just sad

We shut down the Broncos offense with a healthy secondary. They didn't start scoring until our DB's dropped like flies sprayed with raid

We were up 33-14 on the highest scoring offense at that time sooooo yeah

But hey, what do I know?

Just hypocritical for you all to say a person is bad cause they're injured yet you all cheered Dwight Freeney on & he also had injury problems

You guys must have slept when the defense was shutting teams down.

The unit was solid as a whole when he was down...in total disarray with him out.  See Davis and Landry's continued problems with the long ball.

Without question the Colts were a better team with a healthy Toler.

No doubt about it its when they beat SF  Denver Seattle ,in large part do to the secondary ,letting Defense as a whole function more fluently, was really looking promising till injuries mounted.Also don't forget at this point in time it was Howell at safety not Landry. 

Ha Ha!  I have been all over him since he got here.  I saw him turn and face the ball once in the entire time he was here one on one.

I liked him better than David Reed...not bringing it out of the end-zone... :)

Lol with you brother he was awful except the one week mentioned above lol,1 week of 16 don't cut it for me.Im glad hes gone. Sure he will be a game buster in Detroit . :funny: With you on Reed as well.

I agree that Toler is definitely not a waste. Injuries happen, its just unfortunate that Toler was injured for most of his first year as a Colt.

If he stays hurt this year then I agree he needs to go.

Yes our pass defense was better with Toler and that's because of the lack of depth at corner.

Like I said earlier, we really need to draft a cb early.

Toler needs competition and we need quality depth at corner.

Are we talking about the same Toler? The guy who Is better reffered to as HOLDer?? I remember more than a few games where he got at least 1-2 PI's calls of some sort. The main thing is that he was better than Vaughn, which isn't hard to do. If there is one guy in the secondary not named Vontae Davis who makes a difference, it's Darius Butler. Toler was an upgrade over Vaughn for sure, but I can't say much more than that. You guys are really overrating him.

Are we talking about the same Toler? The guy who Is better reffered to as HOLDer?? I remember more than a few games where he got at least 1-2 PI's calls of some sort. The main thing is that he was better than Vaughn, which isn't hard to do. If there is one guy in the secondary not named Vontae Davis who makes a difference, it's Darius Butler. Toler was an upgrade over Vaughn for sure, but I can't say much more than that. You guys are really overrating him.

Not overrating at all. You act like being better than Vaughn is something we shouldn't care about. Vaughn was terrigarbage.

PI calls aren't a rarity when you are on an island. I'd rather giv up 15 yards than TDs.

Not overrating at all. You act like being better than Vaughn is something we shouldn't care about. Vaughn was terrigarbage.

PI calls aren't a rarity when you are on an island. I'd rather giv up 15 yards than TDs.

It isn't. You said it yourself. Vaughn was garbage. All you have to do to be better than Vaughn is not be garbage yourself. It's not a significant achievement. It's like getting an F on a paper, and then re-doing it and getting a D+. A D+ is a better than failing, but it's still a D.

How many corners do we even have?

Davis, Toler, Butler, Gordy, Price. Am I missing anyone?

We have 6.  You got them all except you missed Macrus Burley.  Looks like he bounced around 4 Practice Squads so I don't know how likely he will work out.

Pagano likes Toler when healthy and that is all that matters...we were MUCH better with him healthy.

Those are you saying Toler is a waste are just sad

We shut down the Broncos offense with a healthy secondary. They didn't start scoring until our DB's dropped like flies sprayed with raid

Just hypocritical for you all to say a person is bad cause they're injured yet you all cheered Dwight Freeney on & he also had injury problems

Lol with you brother he was awful except the one week mentioned above lol,1 week of 16 don't cut it for me.Im glad hes gone. Sure he will be a game buster in Detroit . :funny: With you on Reed as well.

All good posts Brent, TK24, & Jay Kirk. Yep, Toler is an asset for us in peak condition. We need him & I welcome his return when ready.  :thmup:

BTW...I cannot stand Gordy either.  He misses far too many special teams tackles, and his man catches in front of him way too much...some like him...not me.

That's why I respect Brent's analysis so much. He always has a keen eye on special teams. Something very few fans seldom talk about, but is so vital to winning the field position battle & football games in this league. Keep it up!  

I like Toler, In the article it says they aren't allowing him to perform... Says alot he is even there... I like how he plays with him it's feast or famine, He may put himself in best situations but he goes all out for the ball sometimes it works sometime not at all