Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Coaching Staff (Merge)

LUVTHESHOE

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team is a train wreck. Painter stinks to high heaven, our defense is awful. Folks, we just got beat by an awful team. At least we will beat Carolina and Titans at home to go 2-14. Thank goodness.

Also, now all the sudden andrew luck looks human.

No way that happens, Cam Newton would run all over our defense and Titans played well against us last week.

The team is a train wreck. Painter stinks to high heaven, our defense is awful. Folks, we just got beat by an awful team. At least we will beat Carolina and Titans at home to go 2-14. Thank goodness.

Yes, Painter is awful. But the last few weeks our special teams and defense have gotten much better. We just need a decent QB and our team would win a few this year. Just not going to happen.....

Sorry we will not beat Carolina or the Titans. Carolina has a awesome running game and will score. We will not out score Carolina. The Titans defense will shut us down. 0-16 here we come.

I don't agree that Polians should go too. They are not doing the week to week play calling and strategies. I think you can blame them for hring Caldwell in the first place. I have heard them blamed for lack of talent. Can we really say the Colts have less talent then the Broncos? Yet, they won today. What they do is adjust to what they can do and keep away from what they can't. We can't seem to grasp that idea.

I agree with Irsay that you can't take a guy like Bill Polian who has been successful for most of his career and over the last 12 years, and based on this year fire him. And the stuff he gets knocked for like Donald Brown, no defensive tackles, bad drafts, may turn out to be not what people think. Brown, will blocking, is pretty good. Drake Nevis and Fili Moala are solid DTS. Just when your offense goes 3 and out 90% of the time, it is hard to be a good defense.

A few years ago, the Dolphins were as bad as a team could be. So what did they do? They unveil the wildcat and shock the Patriots and win a couple of games. The point is, they did SOMETHING to try to win. The Colts line up the same every week, doing the same thing, and expecting a different result. If you were to tell me a team has Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie, Dallas Clark (until he got hurt), Jacob Tamme, Donald Brown, and Delone Carter, I would expect some fireworks. 3 points!!!???!!! 3 points??!!! How can you not get just luck one in awhile, throw one up, and Wayne gets a deflection. The game planning is horrid. The play calling bad. For me, the Polians aren't coaching the games so you can't blame them for the strategy. However, if Bill Polian goes back on the radio and says Caldwell is doing a great coaching job sticks to it, then I believe he is just as guilty. As a Colt fan since 1975, this is pathetic. This is the worse offensive I have ever watched in the NFL. I believe the ONLY thing to do now is fire Caldwell and at least try SOMETHING different to win a game. Have Joseph Addail, who was a high school QB, run the Wildcat if he is healthy. Let Jim Tressel coach. Run 4 WRs. Do SOMETHING!!!! But Caldwell has to go and I mean NOW!!
You may be wrong about who to fire. Fire the BP and company who has stated time and time again that CC is doing a good job and should not be faulted. IMO he has simply the same problem that BP and company has and that is PM is not available to cover for them, only Caldwell is not really in charge and BP and company is and should be held accountable. Firing the coach is not the answer. The answer is obvious, get a new FO and let them make the decisions on who to fire.

Agreed Del Rio would be a great DC he likes to play tough no nonsense football, however this whole staff needs to go it is very obvious and should be to Irsay that our coaching is HORRIBLE and has been for quite some time. Even with Peyton last year we werent a lock for the playoffs COACHING. I mean seriously why wasnt carter in to get the two yards in the 2nd quarter? Brown has actually been great lately but situational football Caldwell. Anyway I have to let it go it is driving me crazy that we are this bad because we are missing one player. NOT ACCEPTABLE.

A few years ago, the Dolphins were as bad as a team could be. So what did they do? They unveil the wildcat and shock the Patriots and win a couple of games. The point is, they did SOMETHING to try to win. The Colts line up the same every week, doing the same thing, and expecting a different result.

If you were to tell me a team has Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie, Dallas Clark (until he got hurt), Jacob Tamme, Donald Brown, and Delone Carter, I would expect some fireworks. 3 points!!!???!!! 3 points??!!! How can you not get just luck one in awhile, throw one up, and Wayne gets a deflection.

The game planning is horrid. The play calling bad. For me, the Polians aren't coaching the games so you can't blame them for the strategy. However, if Bill Polian goes back on the radio and says Caldwell is doing a great coaching job sticks to it, then I believe he is just as guilty.

As a Colt fan since 1975, this is pathetic. This is the worse offensive I have ever watched in the NFL. I believe the ONLY thing to do now is fire Caldwell and at least try SOMETHING different to win a game. Have Joseph Addail, who was a high school QB, run the Wildcat if he is healthy. Let Jim Tressel coach. Run 4 WRs. Do SOMETHING!!!! But Caldwell has to go and I mean NOW!!

You must have missed the '91 season. That team still holds the NFL record for the fewest points scored in a season at 143. Ironically, the winless Lions of a few years back tied this record. This club has 131 points through 10 games. It's highly likely we will score more than 12 points in our next 6 games.

A few years ago, the Dolphins were as bad as a team could be. So what did they do? They unveil the wildcat and shock the Patriots and win a couple of games. The point is, they did SOMETHING to try to win. The Colts line up the same every week, doing the same thing, and expecting a different result.

If you were to tell me a team has Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie, Dallas Clark (until he got hurt), Jacob Tamme, Donald Brown, and Delone Carter, I would expect some fireworks. 3 points!!!???!!! 3 points??!!! How can you not get just luck one in awhile, throw one up, and Wayne gets a deflection.

The game planning is horrid. The play calling bad. For me, the Polians aren't coaching the games so you can't blame them for the strategy. However, if Bill Polian goes back on the radio and says Caldwell is doing a great coaching job sticks to it, then I believe he is just as guilty.

As a Colt fan since 1975, this is pathetic. This is the worse offensive I have ever watched in the NFL. I believe the ONLY thing to do now is fire Caldwell and at least try SOMETHING different to win a game. Have Joseph Addail, who was a high school QB, run the Wildcat if he is healthy. Let Jim Tressel coach. Run 4 WRs. Do SOMETHING!!!! But Caldwell has to go and I mean NOW!!

Its not about Caldwell..

..We banked it all on Manning..

this team would be 0-10 with Vince Lombardi

If I had to pick one I would rather see Coyer go. Which leads me to this, a lot of people think Del Rio is gone at years end. Why not hm for DC? I think he needs a HC to have final say but I do think he would be a good DC for us.

Look at what has happened in Houston. They got rid of a terrible DC and brought in Phillips our of Dallas. That defense is now ranked near the top of the league in all categories and it's with pretty much the same players. In fact, they are without their top player in Mario Williams. That said, no one could improve this defense. The personall is a very far cry from the Texans.

You may be wrong about who to fire. Fire the BP and company who has stated time and time again that CC is doing a good job and should not be faulted. IMO he has simply the same problem that BP and company has and that is PM is not available to cover for them, only Caldwell is not really in charge and BP and company is and should be held accountable. Firing the coach is not the answer. The answer is obvious, get a new FO and let them make the decisions on who to fire.

Yeah, but here is what concerns me. How many good GM/Personnel guys are there in the NFL? Maybe six. The rest are mediocre or just bad. And having watched the Colts since 75, I have seen what it was like having Jim Irsay as the GM. It is not easy to get someone good to do that. Bill Polian may be a pain in the rear but his record speaks for itself. On the other hand, what has Jim Caldwell done? Stevie Wonder could have lead that team to the Super Bowl two years ago.

I am probably in the minority, but I feel next to Peyton Manning, Bill Polian is the most valuable asset the Colts have. To get rid of him and just bring in an assistant GM from a successful team, I think, would most likely be a disaster. In fact, I would rather have Chris Polian in being able to have Bill to bounce ideas off of then anyone else.

Let's keep in mind that we don't know how much influence Jim Irsay has on the whole Jim Caldwell situation. Remember, he is the one that called Tony Dungy. Maybe Irsay has said that Caldwell is sticking. We don't now that stuff.

I just think we need some new coaches. I think we have a couple good position coaches, but HC, OC, and DC are just bad.

Guys, I'll be honest. I'm secretly Jim Caldwell, and I've been spying on this forum. I'm finally unveiling myself to say I've given up on the team. I'll show to the team meetings and be on the sidelines, but for the most part, Peyton is taking over for me. Don't worry guys, just keep fighting six inches at a time and you'll eventually get a foot!

~Jim Caldwell

Yeah, but here is what concerns me. How many good GM/Personnel guys are there in the NFL? Maybe six. The rest are mediocre or just bad. And having watched the Colts since 75, I have seen what it was like having Jim Irsay as the GM. It is not easy to get someone good to do that. Bill Polian may be a pain in the rear but his record speaks for itself. On the other hand, what has Jim Caldwell done? Stevie Wonder could have lead that team to the Super Bowl two years ago.

I am probably in the minority, but I feel next to Peyton Manning, Bill Polian is the most valuable asset the Colts have. To get rid of him and just bring in an assistant GM from a successful team, I think, would most likely be a disaster. In fact, I would rather have Chris Polian in being able to have Bill to bounce ideas off of then anyone else.

Let's keep in mind that we don't know how much influence Jim Irsay has on the whole Jim Caldwell situation. Remember, he is the one that called Tony Dungy. Maybe Irsay has said that Caldwell is sticking. We don't now that stuff.

I just think we need some new coaches. I think we have a couple good position coaches, but HC, OC, and DC are just bad.

I think you are totally missing what is really wrong with this team. After watching AL last nite and watching him play, it reminded me again of what PM has been up against all of the years he has been a Colt and that is having to play with a defense that is not very good. Luck should be ready right now to play on a Polian team as he knows what its like for your defense to not be very good against the good and I repeat the good teams. That is why the colts thru the years won a lot of games until they had to play the good teams in the playoffs. Polian has not had a good defensive team capable of playing in the playoffs. And that is a fact.

The Colts are sucking right now because of a) bad personell decisions (coaching staff) B) ignoring the backup qb position for years c) some bad draft decisions and responsible for all are Chris and Bill Polian. So off course you have to discuss their positions too. And to be honest I'm so tired of Bill Polian and his lame excuses and his stupid ego!

There's probably a 99% chance Caldwell gets canned at the end of the season. Has there ever been a coach that survived a season as bad as this?

I sure hope so. Going into 2009, I was nervous. They went to the Super Bowl, lost, and I was numb. Going into 2010, I said. "Hey-- we made it that far LAST year". They make the playoffs with no fewer than 18 players on IR and win the DIVISION. This year, take 1 player (who plays offense, mind you) away from the mix, and here we are. This truly shows me that it IS coaching. I'm not a "FIRE CALDWELL" troll by any means, but this is ridiculous.

With all due respect to you really think we are going to beat Carolina and Tenn? Not unless something drastic happens over the bye. Like a few people losing there jobs.

Luck has no defense,no recievers that can actually catch the ball,or any with any deep speed.Stanfords OLINE broke down this week and their special teams suck.He looked fine besides that pick 6.They get beat beat by Oregon 66 3 without Luck.

You must have missed the '91 season. That team still holds the NFL record for the fewest points scored in a season at 143. Ironically, the winless Lions of a few years back tied this record. This club has 131 points through 10 games. It's highly likely we will score more than 12 points in our next 6 games.

I remember that team well,they look like the 80's Niners compared to this bunch.