Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Coaching Staff (Merge)

LUVTHESHOE

Did anyone else hear Chris Carter rip our coaching staff today on Mike & Mike. When ask if the Colts should clean house he said that he has never been impressed with Caldwell and that Caldwell has done nothing and I quote NOT 1 IOTA, to improve this team and said the lack of adjustments is almost embarrissing. When Greenburg interjected he did take the Colts to a superbowl, Carter and Golic both scoffed and said if you really think he had anything to with that you are mistaken. Another ringing indorsment for our fine staff. They also went on to say the colts seem to be the least inspired and unprepared team in the nfl."

Edited by Maureen
name calling is not allowed

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you lose anything and everything becomes bigger but better days our a head. sometimes people are reluctant to make change until change is upon them, i mean like when we was winning the excuse was we still won 12, 13 games made the play offs, went to the superbowl, now when we go 2 - 14 this year people have to be accountable for this, it starts with the, gm and the coaches to be honest with you i blame more on the coaches, because there is 20 other teams in the league who dont have, manning,brady, rodges, brees, etc... but they all find ways to win ball games.

I've never been a fan with the majority of our current coaches, but let the year progress then make the necessary changes. It's not like our current coaching staff is going to do anything to get this team to start winning games, especially considering injuries & the player personnel they have. It's a bad team on all fronts except for kicking (McAfee & Vinitieri) :facepalm:

if the colts fired caldwell, coyer and clyde would any of them get parallel jobs for other teams???? i'm thinking not

They will, as position coaches somewhere. Rod Marinelli was not a good head coach but is a very good teacher for the D-line and is now DC with the Bears. Jim Caldwell was a QB coach, Coyer was a D-line coach, and Clyde was a WR coach. So, they may go back to those positional coaching, if they find new jobs, in all likelihood.

They will, as position coaches somewhere. Rod Marinelli was not a good head coach but is a very good teacher for the D-line and is now DC with the Bears. Jim Caldwell was a QB coach, Coyer was a D-line coach, and Clyde was a WR coach. So, they may go back to those positional coaching, if they find new jobs, in all likelihood.

Did Peyton really need a QB coach?

but i'm asking parallel jobs. sure, they can get jobs, but as coordinators? i doubt it.

Did Peyton really need a QB coach?

Somebody had to be responsible for getting PM new clipboards, pens and paper as well as the photo's of the defenses. C'mon man, PM can't do it all by himself. Besides, who is going to get PM's dry cleaning for after the games? You don't thnk PM is going to have time doing it since he is gameplanning, watching film, putting together the adjustments at halftime and teaching the team :)

Clyde has been a valuable asset to PM lmao

Chris Carter, Mike & Mike? That's just the start, there are numerous former players now turned commentators/announcers that are slamming our coaching staff. Absolutely destroying them right now after watching game film from the last few games one commentator said, "not for one defensive play did I see ANY adjustments after time and time again the Colts were getting butchered on one particular play", further, "it was the most ridiculous thing I had ever seen, I was just wondering who could have been up in the defensive quarters watching this unfold, because it sure wasn't a defensive coordinator, he must have been on leave" Ouch.

I've never been a fan with the majority of our current coaches, but let the year progress then make the necessary changes. It's not like our current coaching staff is going to do anything to get this team to start winning games, especially considering injuries & the player personnel they have. It's a bad team on all fronts except for kicking (McAfee & Vinitieri) :facepalm:

I guarantee Tressel would get more out of this team ...

I keep thinking this organization is too scared to change the status quo. They keep making excuses as to why they are not winning. I fear they will not do what everyone knows needs to be done.

Then I think about the 2001 Colts who fired their head coach for going 6-10. Yes, Manning was still on the team but it was a younger team that was just starting to flex it's muscle. Mora had coached the team to 13-3, 10-6, then 6-10. This decline caused him to be fired. Does that sound familiar (14-2, 10-6, 1-15?)?

They showed some backbone in 2001, I hope they still have it now.

Trent Dilfer once said Clyde Christensen is the most underrated coach in the NFL. To me, he seems like he knows what he is doing

If that were the case, our QB"s wouldn't be throwing at a higher rate than Peyton did in 2004, and every other year outside of the last three, at a higher rate than Tom Brady ever has except for this year, at a higher rate than Dan Marino in 84, at a higher rate than Brett Favre ever did in Green Bay, more than Aaron Rodgers ever and within 3% of Drew Brees high ratios.

Manning seems to respect him. Dilfer seems to respect him but the stats say that he is clueless.

Chris Carter, Mike & Mike? That's just the start, there are numerous former players now turned commentators/announcers that are slamming our coaching staff. Absolutely destroying them right now after watching game film from the last few games one commentator said, "not for one defensive play did I see ANY adjustments after time and time again the Colts were getting butchered on one particular play", further, "it was the most ridiculous thing I had ever seen, I was just wondering who could have been up in the defensive quarters watching this unfold, because it sure wasn't a defensive coordinator, he must have been on leave" Ouch.

It's good that some of the talking heads are starting to take notice of what has being going on in Indy in terms of the lackluster coaching. Others in the national media are starting to see what some of us Colts fans have been saying for quite some time. Hopefully this national media criticism helps to expedite getting Caldwell & Coyer out of here!

It's funny that people are flipping out about this now, but this has been going on ever since Caldwell started coaching here. I'm not surprised. However, I am surprised at the fact that it took so long for people to see Caldwell's and his staff ineptness. I wonder who covered that up....

It's funny that people are flipping out about this now, but this has been going on ever since Caldwell started coaching here. I'm not surprised. However, I am surprised at the fact that it took so long for people to see Caldwell's and his staff ineptness. I wonder who covered that up....

It is nice to be vindicated for all the abuse we took over it in the past couple years, huh? Turns out we were not so dumb after all.

Edited by sfergson727

Let's break the comments down...

When asked if the Colts should clean house he said that he has never been impressed with Caldwell and that Caldwell has done nothing and I quote NOT 1 IOTA, to improve this team and said the lack of adjustments is almost embarrassing.

Look at the additions to the team since Caldwell took over that have not been because of an injury. Very few. Almost all of the replacements have with someone that is exactly the same, IE build, speed, power.

When Greenburg interjected he did take the Colts to a superbowl, Carter and Golic both scoffed and said if you really think he had anything to with that you are mistaken.

They're right, it was almost the exact same team that went to the SB with Dungy. Again, no major roster changes, no changes to coaching staff.

Another ringing indorsment for our fine staff. They also went on to say the colts seem to be the least inspired and unprepared team in the nfl.

Yeap, Peyton was the heart and soul of the team. That much is apparent. He also seemed to be the focal point for preparedness. The players appear totally demoralized at his loss, and the coaches unable to make decisions without #18.

" Please fire this bafoon."
I said this last year, and I stand by it. He's trying to emulate Coach Dungy, which is admirable, but he's unable to do it. He doesn't have the innate talent that Coach Dungy has, or the inspiring ability that this team disparately needs.

It is nice to be vindicated for all the abuse we took over it in the past couple years, huh? Turns out we were not so dumb after all.

It's Polian, plain and simple. Same reason that they spent money on Collins, Polian wanted him. Polian is defending Cadwell at every turn. He's just not ready to admit that things are wrong and there needs to be some changes. He's gotta be worried that he'll be part of the changes, which is understandable. It comes down to the team; is Polian prepared to step aside if it is in the best interest of the team?

It's Polian, plain and simple. Same reason that they spent money on Collins, Polian wanted him. Polian is defending Cadwell at every turn. He's just not ready to admit that things are wrong and there needs to be some changes. He's gotta be worried that he'll be part of the changes, which is understandable. It comes down to the team; is Polian prepared to step aside if it is in the best interest of the team?

I doubt Polian thinks he will be let go by Irsay, and why do you ask? Simple there is ZERO chance of it happening. Had this season gone as it has with Peyton playing, then outside chance, but with all that has happened, you don't fire the man that turned what was one of the worst franchises in the NFL into a dynasty over 1 bad season. Bill is going no where, Chris is going no where and I wouldn't be shocked to see Caldwell back next year.

National media criticism of the colts is not a new thing.

Only thing difference I see is that many colts fans agree with them now

Well, that and the team record finally vindicates (perhaps a better word could go here) what the experts have been saying about the colts for the past few years.

Well, that and the team record finally vindicates (perhaps a better word could go here) what the experts have been saying about the colts for the past few years.

Hmm, I'd have to see a point by point of the issues to agree that vindication has occurred.

Thing I'm remember right now is 2009 season, yahoo fantasy recommended against drafting peyton except maybe as a back up.

If there is vindication it swings both ways

I doubt Polian thinks he will be let go by Irsay, and why do you ask? Simple there is ZERO chance of it happening. Had this season gone as it has with Peyton playing, then outside chance, but with all that has happened, you don't fire the man that turned what was one of the worst franchises in the NFL into a dynasty over 1 bad season. Bill is going no where, Chris is going no where and I wouldn't be shocked to see Caldwell back next year.

You can't say that thing are bad over 1 season. The last 3 years the team has incrementally lost more games and the margin of victory has diminished considerably. The caliber of player has also dropped. It seems like the "next man up" policy is still in effect, instead of doing more searching around the league or drafting better. It just seems like the team is trying to do the same thing it's always done, and they're just spinning wheels.

You can't say that thing are bad over 1 season. The last 3 years the team has incrementally lost more games and the margin of victory has diminished considerably. The caliber of player has also dropped. It seems like the "next man up" policy is still in effect, instead of doing more searching around the league or drafting better. It just seems like the team is trying to do the same thing it's always done, and they're just spinning wheels.

Lets review:

2006 - 12 wins and SB winner

2007 - 13 wins, loss in the playoffs

2008 - 12 wins loss in the playoffs

2009 - 14 wins and a loss in the SB

2010 - 10 wins and a loss in the playoffs

Okay that is like 61 wins over like 5 seasons, with a playoff appearance in each season and 2 SB appearances over that 5 years with the fewest wins being last year with just 10 on a team that had some key injuries to key personal. Please show me the other NFL teams with a better performance over these past 5 seasons? What decline? Please I would love to know what other NFL teams have out perfomerd the Colts over the past seasons? If there are people out there that consider the past five years as well not that good, then I really have to ask what your expectation was/is for our NFL team? I have not looked at the numbers, but I am willing to bet the Colts have won more games over the past season then say at least 2-3 NFL teams have won over the past 10 years.

Edited by dn4192