Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Coaching Staff (Merge)

LUVTHESHOE

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brackett, Bullitt, Bethea are all mediocre at best. Compared to the rest of our D not named Freeney or Mathis they look like studs.

Powers, on occasion, looks like an NFL caliber DB. Then looks terrible for 2-3 games in a row.

Delone Carter is a serviceable RB. So far.

you need to watch Bethea more if you think he's mediocre at best. He's one of the best safeties in the NFL, there is just so much he can do by himself.

I agree with your view on Powers though, I think he is over rated by Colts fans. I think he's a number 2 corner in this league and frankly that's the biggest thing our defense is missing a true play making corner but those don't grow on trees.

Eeeeh yeah. Maybe not giving Antoine enough credit.

I can agree with you on the other guys, Bullitt is average, Bracket is a really good player in our system and is pretty much the walking defenation of a system player.

I just didn't want Bethea to get lumped in there with them, frankly I think he's the second best playeron our defense behind Freeney, yes even better than Mathis but that's just me.

I can agree with you on the other guys, Bullitt is average, Bracket is a really good player in our system and is pretty much the walking defenation of a system player.

I just didn't want Bethea to get lumped in there with them, frankly I think he's the second best playeron our defense behind Freeney, yes even better than Mathis but that's just me.

My question would be could our defense be counted on to stop other teams on third down, play at least average against the run and actually cover the receivers for the other team. Most the most part (IMO) we have failed miserably on all these fronts over the past decade. Our system is outdated - the rest of the league has caught up to and devised schemes to beat our schemes, have better players than our smaller, less physical players, have better coaching and generally a functional as opposed to our disfunctional front office.

Possibly even playing better than Freeney at the moment. Him and Pat seem to be at the epicentre of all our defensive stops. Or maybe it's just my selective viewing.....

Personally I think Montana was only the 3rd best player on that team after Rice and Lott

I think I will retreat from talking about Montana, it's clear that I'm one of the few people here that watched him play. Or maybe I just haven't lost my memory yet and some people have. I guess I'll join you one day.

I don't know about that, Steve Young waited for 3 years right? He wouldn't have been better than Montana as a 3rd round rookie at the least.

Young spent 2 years in the USFL and 2 dreadful years in Tampa. I just know he was really productive early with San Fran, and they had a team that either Montana or Young would be productive with. In looking back, Montana was hurt for a bit, and Young took over. I'd take Young in his prime over Montana in his. Montana & Bradshaw are the two most successful qb's in NFL history, but there are other qb's I would take over either one.

Young spent 2 years in the USFL and 2 dreadful years in Tampa. I just know he was really productive early with San Fran, and they had a team that either Montana or Young would be productive with. In looking back, Montana was hurt for a bit, and Young took over. I'd take Young in his prime over Montana in his. Montana & Bradshaw are the two most successful qb's in NFL history, but there are other qb's I would take over either one.

Would one of them be Curtis Punter? Sorry, did I misspell his name......

They will, as position coaches somewhere. Rod Marinelli was not a good head coach but is a very good teacher for the D-line and is now DC with the Bears. Jim Caldwell was a QB coach, Coyer was a D-line coach, and Clyde was a WR coach. So, they may go back to those positional coaching, if they find new jobs, in all likelihood.

Blood on the tracks did say parrallel didn't he?

Did anyone else hear Chris Carter rip our coaching staff today on Mike & Mike. When ask if the Colts should clean house he said that he has never been impressed with Caldwell and that Caldwell has done nothing and I quote NOT 1 IOTA, to improve this team and said the lack of adjustments is almost embarrissing. When Greenburg interjected he did take the Colts to a superbowl, Carter and Golic both scoffed and said if you really think he had anything to with that you are mistaken. Another ringing indorsment for our fine staff. They also went on to say the colts seem to be the least inspired and unprepared team in the nfl."

I agree 100 % with Carter. Caldwell inherited the team that went to SB, and has done nothing to help pull this team out of the sorry season it is in. No doubt in my mind this is Caulwell last year if he makes it that far. Good riddance when it goes down.

I pick Montana because he had "it". I can't tell you what "it" is, but he had it. From leading ND back in the Cotton Bowl in horrible weather conditions to the drive vs. the Cowboys and even the Bengals in the Superbowl, Montana rose his game a notch or two in big games and I have not always seen that from Peyton.

that "it" you speak of was called bill walsh and the west coast offense. the same system that turned a bust like steve young into a first ballot hall of famer. i like montanta, but he was def in the right place at the right time....

A few years ago, the Dolphins were as bad as a team could be. So what did they do? They unveil the wildcat and shock the Patriots and win a couple of games. The point is, they did SOMETHING to try to win. The Colts line up the same every week, doing the same thing, and expecting a different result.

If you were to tell me a team has Reggie Wayne, Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie, Dallas Clark (until he got hurt), Jacob Tamme, Donald Brown, and Delone Carter, I would expect some fireworks. 3 points!!!???!!! 3 points??!!! How can you not get just luck one in awhile, throw one up, and Wayne gets a deflection.

The game planning is horrid. The play calling bad. For me, the Polians aren't coaching the games so you can't blame them for the strategy. However, if Bill Polian goes back on the radio and says Caldwell is doing a great coaching job sticks to it, then I believe he is just as guilty.

As a Colt fan since 1975, this is pathetic. This is the worse offensive I have ever watched in the NFL. I believe the ONLY thing to do now is fire Caldwell and at least try SOMETHING different to win a game. Have Joseph Addail, who was a high school QB, run the Wildcat if he is healthy. Let Jim Tressel coach. Run 4 WRs. Do SOMETHING!!!! But Caldwell has to go and I mean NOW!!