Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Coaching Staff (Merge)

LUVTHESHOE

Colts haven't won any games this season...

Even with us going 0-9 this year, I think if you look over all the seasons records since 2006, I am willing to bet the Colts still have more total wins then a few teams have had over the past 10 years.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I'd have to see a point by point of the issues to agree that vindication has occurred.

Thing I'm remember right now is 2009 season, yahoo fantasy recommended against drafting peyton except maybe as a back up.

If there is vindication it swings both ways

I meant simply in regards to the pundits saying for the past few years that the Colts are a one man team and that the window is closing. The state of the team currently could certainly be used by them to prove they've been right, though I wouldn't necessarily agree with them.

belichick hand shake with caldwell after the 09 game tells you from the start that cadlwell was just along for the ride because he knew he didnt lose because he was outcoached by caldwell he was outcoached by peyton

Edited by coltsrule91

Even with us going 0-9 this year, I think if you look over all the seasons records since 2006, I am willing to bet the Colts still have more total wins then a few teams have had over the past 10 years.

Sure... and???

That makes the significant drop off in NFL caliber play that more significant....

Obviously problems with coaching & drafts since 2007.....

belichick hand shake with caldwell after the 09 game tells you from the start that cadlwell was just along for the ride because he knew he didnt lose because he was outcoached by caldwell he was outcoached by peyton

Rex Ryan comments mostly about Belichick and then pays respect to Brady.

Rex Ryan comments about Peyton and barely if at all mentions Caldwell.

Sure... and???

That makes the significant drop off in NFL caliber play that more significant....

Obviously problems with coaching & drafts since 2007.....

What problems with coaching and staff are there when the result in the win totals for the Colts over the past few seasons? The only drop off is this season, there is no other significant drop off over the past decade of the Colts.

Edited by dn4192

I meant simply in regards to the pundits saying for the past few years that the Colts are a one man team and that the window is closing. The state of the team currently could certainly be used by them to prove they've been right, though I wouldn't necessarily agree with them.

oh, okay I see what you are saying.

I don't need them to tell me that we are overly dependent on 18

As a fan though, I tend to feel like the media do not really watch our team. Generally, fans tend to have more accurate insights imo because THEY WATCH THE GAMES

My personal opinion is that we have been missing our spark. Even when we had 18 last year, and went to the playoffs.......something.....that we had in 2009 was not there last year.

When we had Dom back last season......you could see it come back. They are just not gelling as a team they way that they should and have not been since the start of last season.

I'm not sure that's just Peyton or what it is.........but, the good news is.......that clearly everyone sees now that we need to do something different. At least I would think so

oh, okay I see what you are saying.

I don't need them to tell me that we are overly dependent on 18

As a fan though, I tend to feel like the media do not really watch our team. Generally, fans tend to have more accurate insights imo because THEY WATCH THE GAMES

My personal opinion is that we have been missing our spark. Even when we had 18 last year, and went to the playoffs.......something.....that we had in 2009 was not there last year.

When we had Dom back last season......you could see it come back. They are just not gelling as a team they way that they should and have not been since the start of last season.

I'm not sure that's just Peyton or what it is.........but, the good news is.......that clearly everyone sees now that we need to do something different. At least I would think so

Agreed all around, but especially the underlined part. :)

What problems with coaching and staff are there when the result in the win totals for the Colts over the past few seasons? The only drop off is this season, there is no other significant drop off over the past decade of the Colts.

Some teams underachieve by winning 3 games a season.

Some teams underachieve by going .500.

Some teams underachieve by winning 10 games a season.

Some teams underachieve when they when 115 games in a decade with only 1 title to show for it.

Maybe it's not so much about a drop off, maybe it's more about not improving!

Edited by firejimcaldwell

I put the fact that those total wins were far more a product of Peyton being that good than Bill knowing how to put a team together. This season is proving me right more than I ever thought. Bill is an average GM with an over inflated ego.

I put the fact that those total wins were far more a product of Peyton being that good than Bill knowing how to put a team together. This season is proving me right more than I ever thought. Bill is an average GM with an over inflated ego.

Wow..really? I guess if facts and numbers mean nothing I guess you are right, thankfully those do mean something and is why when it is all said and done Bill Polian will be in teh HOF and considered one of the top GM's in the history of the NFL.

Some teams underachieve by winning 3 games a season.

Some teams underachieve by going .500.

Some teams underachieve by winning 10 games a season.

Some teams underachieve when they when 115 games in a decade with only 1 title to show for it.

Maybe it's not so much about a drop off, maybe it's more about not improving!

Winning a SB involves luck, winning consistantaly season after season takes talent.

Which I attribute to Peyton Manning more than I do Caldwell or Dungy. I'm not trying to group the two together. Dungy built the Bucs, I don't see Caldwell building anything at this level.

He is building to greatest destruction of a once solid team. I think he is trying to equal his Wake record. He has got the 26 wins and at his current pace he will soon have the 66 losses. And he has a nfl job, only in america.

He is building to greatest destruction of a once solid team. I think he is trying to equal his Wake record. He has got the 26 wins and at his current pace he will soon have the 66 losses. And he has a nfl job, only in america.

He's a non factor, that's why he got the job, Peyton secured everything for everyone. Now that he's not playing a "non factor" coach is going to do just what he was brought here for. Holding the water for peyton made a lot of people money.

If what I've heard is true the Polians making gameday personnel decisions (Tryon, Gonzo, et al), I believe that needs to stop.

Stick to providing the players, let the coaches coach (a new coach, not Mr. Blink) and decide who stays and who goes. If that were the case, I wouldn't have an issue with them really at all. They should be mandated to stick to personnel additions via the draft and free agency while considering (truly, not hyperbole) the head coaches wishes and insight.

And for the love of Christ, stay off the freaking radio! Ban all interviews with the Polians so they'll quit alienating everybody on the planet. I mean, rats? Really?

14-2 to 10-6 that is a 4 game drop off...

4 games is 25% of a 16 game season...

if you had to take a 25% pay cut would you consider that significant????

Since Caldwell/Polian tanked the perfect season the Colts have been in significant DECLINE...

if you can't see that I can not help you...\

The problems with coaching have all been pointed out to you...

NO ADJUSTMENTS...

BAD CLOCK MANAGEMENT...

ETC... ETC...

Which I attribute to Peyton Manning more than I do Caldwell or Dungy. I'm not trying to group the two together. Dungy built the Bucs, I don't see Caldwell building anything at this level.

Dungy had to build the bucs, they were horrible before he arrived. Caldwell's job hasn't been to "build" anything but to maintain the ship that Bill Polian and Tony got going. It takes a special coach to be able to come in and "build" a franchise from shambles...which I don't think the colts are in even with this season.

DN- we sure were firing on all cylinders last year when we played JAX, and managed what, 15-16 minutes of possesion? Peyton saved our butts that day, but that sure looked like a drop off in performance to me. Seems we had a lot of those moments over the last few seasons. Maybe you should open your eyes for change.

If what I've heard is true the Polians making gameday personnel decisions (Tryon, Gonzo, et al), I believe that needs to stop.

Stick to providing the players, let the coaches coach (a new coach, not Mr. Blink) and decide who stays and who goes. If that were the case, I wouldn't have an issue with them really at all. They should be mandated to stick to personnel additions via the draft and free agency while considering (truly, not hyperbole) the head coaches wishes and insight.

And for the love of Christ, stay off the freaking radio! Ban all interviews with the Polians so they'll quit alienating everybody on the planet. I mean, rats? Really?

Again...can someone explain to me what it matters if Bill Polian is on teh radio, has his own show? Exactly what is the issue?

DN- we sure were firing on all cylinders last year when we played JAX, and managed what, 15-16 minutes of possesion? Peyton saved our butts that day, but that sure looked like a drop off in performance to me. Seems we had a lot of those moments over the last few seasons. Maybe you should open your eyes for change.

Miami in the opener that one season. *shivers*

Since Caldwell/Polian tanked the perfect season the Colts have been in significant DECLINE...

NO ADJUSTMENTS...

BAD CLOCK MANAGEMENT...

ETC... ETC...

16-0* to 0-16 in two years you mean.

The greatest collapse in the history of sports

* too gutless to finish the job

Edited by Blue Horseshoe

What was the Colts record? That is all that matters, did they win? I mean what does it matter how you win? People point to the Packers last season, no one cares that they backed into the playoffs and were not better then the Colts, just that then won the SB. Look at the World Series this year, the overall best team didn't win, but no one cares. Just win baby...

Again...can someone explain to me what it matters if Bill Polian is on teh radio, has his own show? Exactly what is the issue?

The guy is a condescending *. Which is fine, be that all day as long as you're bringing in quality players, but does he have to make it known? Does he have to have no shame at all? lol

Most of what he says is company line nonsense, except for when he gets poked with a stick and doesn't like it, then he makes news with inflammatory remarks and ridiculous rants.

If you think there's no issue with it, look no further than Irsay indicating that they should handle criticism with "poise". That didn't just come out of the blue, despite how "out there" you may think Irsay is.

What was the Colts record? That is all that matters, did they win? I mean what does it matter how you win? People point to the Packers last season, no one cares that they backed into the playoffs and were not better then the Colts, just that then won the SB. Look at the World Series this year, the overall best team didn't win, but no one cares. Just win baby...

Yeah, they were one and done. Some people's (hint: look in the mirror) football insight is right on par with Stevie Wonder's ability to read an eye chart, Capice?

NO ADJUSTMENTS...

BAD CLOCK MANAGEMENT...

ETC... ETC...

OMG...how many players were missing due to injuries during that 10-6 season? At what point over the past decade during the colts run have they ever substained that many injuries to key personal? And to say...well all teams have injuries, you are correct, what was the record of the SB champions? Oh wait 10-6 also, so the only difference between them and us was Aaron Rogers got hot and Peyton Manning didn't.

What % of decline has the Colts had overall over the previous 3-4 years? You listed 1 season, what was the percent of decline from 2006 to 2007, then to 2008, then to 2009 and finally 2010?

This again has nothing to do with "decline" this all comes back to one thing, something that for whatever reason Joe Colt Fan just can't seem to let go. Please let it go...it is no big deal...

16-0* to 0-16 in two years you mean.

The greatest collapse in the history of sports

* too gutless to finish the job

Exactly....

This season should not be happening, and would not have had Coaching/GM/FO not stayed loyal to a fault & some people refuse to see/acknowledge this fact...

That was always the biggest flaw I heard about Dungy, loyal to a fault, how long did fans have to endure Ron Meeks???

Same in the current situation, we stay with Dungy version 2.0 i.e. jim caldwell & look what happens...

The guy is a condescending *. Which is fine, be that all day as long as you're bringing in quality players, but does he have to make it known? Does he have to have no shame at all? lol

Most of what he says is company line nonsense, except for when he gets poked with a stick and doesn't like it, then he makes news with inflammatory remarks and ridiculous rants.

If you think there's no issue with it, look no further than Irsay indicating that they should handle criticism with "poise". That didn't just come out of the blue, despite how "out there" you may think Irsay is.

In Bill's tenure here in Indy how long has he been this way? I am guessing pretty much the entire time and out of all that time we have this 1 comment by Irsay and bam we have an issue? If Joe Colt fan is so wound up in what the GM...now VP of the Colts says on his TV show and such I kinda wonder if they are just a bit to wound up with the Colts....

Exactly....

This season should not be happening, and would not have had Coaching/GM/FO not stayed loyal to a fault & some people refuse to see/acknowledge this fact...

That was always the biggest flaw I heard about Dungy, loyal to a fault, how long did fans have to endure Ron Meeks???

Same in the current situation, we stay with Dungy version 2.0 i.e. jim caldwell & look what happens...

So you think if we had say Jon Gruden or Bill Cower as the head coach we would be winning? We have NO QB, without a QB you are not going to win.

Yeah, they were one and done. Some people's (hint: look in the mirror) football insight is right on par with Stevie Wonder's ability to read an eye chart, Capice?

Yes they were 1 and done. so what? They got to the playoffs, they won their division. How many other teams can say they had that amount of success. Really...Joe Colt fan is just way to jadded and spoiled.

In Bill's tenure here in Indy how long has he been this way? I am guessing pretty much the entire time and out of all that time we have this 1 comment by Irsay and bam we have an issue? If Joe Colt fan is so wound up in what the GM...now VP of the Colts says on his TV show and such I kinda wonder if they are just a bit to wound up with the Colts....

Wouldn't you say that's human nature? BP is not getting any good will because he hasn't really earned it. The guy is flat out rude and seems to enjoy it. Double whammy of suck.

One of two things are happening this season, dude.

Either Caldwell has lost this team and they've quit. Or, all of this "talent" we thought Polian had brought us isn't the talent we thought it was because of Manning.

I feel it's more of the latter because he's neutered by Polian. Stricly speculation, but reading some of Mathis' tweets (just for one), a team leader mind you, would lead you to believe they're not completely on board with some of the goings-on over on W. 56th Street. Lose players, lose games. Goes hand in hand.

After the SB loss, a number of them tweeted hinting at their displeasure with the defensive calls/gameplan. Brock was pretty outspoken on that front. This is something that's been brewing for some time and something's wrong, that's how I feel. Perhaps the ability to win, and winning, kept them content and on the line but once the wheels fell off (no Manning, same awful gameplans)...well, you know the rest. 0-9.

HA HA. One thing is for sure, we are not backing into the #1 draft pick this year, we are roaring in. Just win baby......

Wouldn't you say that's human nature? BP is not getting any good will because he hasn't really earned it. The guy is flat out rude and seems to enjoy it. Double whammy of suck.

One of two things are happening this season, dude.

Either Caldwell has lost this team and they've quit. Or, all of this "talent" we thought Polian had brought us isn't the talent we thought it was because of Manning.

I feel it's more of the latter because he's neutered by Polian. Stricly speculation, but reading some of Mathis' tweets (just for one), a team leader mind you, would lead you to believe they're not completely on board with some of the goings-on over on W. 56th Street. Lose players, lose games. Goes hand in hand.

After the SB loss, a number of them tweeted hinting at their displeasure with the defensive calls/gameplan. Brock was pretty outspoken on that front. This is something that's been brewing for some time and something's wrong, that's how I feel. Perhaps the ability to win, and winning, kept them content and on the line but once the wheels fell off (no Manning, same awful gameplans)...well, you know the rest. 0-9.

I see our 0-9 season occuring for the following reasons:

1. No production from the back up QB. When your offense can't even generate scores over an entire game at home and your starting QB has a whopping 97 yards and a pick in 3 quarters it is going to force your defense into positions it is not designed to be successful at.

2. Some key injuries to other positions that have resulted in playing players who basically are not NFL material at this point.

3. Heavy limitiation of bringing in FA and such due to a salary cap and having your top Salary player not playing and not able to be relased off the books.

4. A stubbornis of your coaching staff to coach to the talent you have available and not coach to what you had.

5. Inexperienced young but talented players still learning.

I see those 5 things as reasons as to why we are 0-9.

HA HA. One thing is for sure, we are not backing into the #1 draft pick this year, we are roaring in. Just win baby......

Hey if going 0-16 means we have a shot at getting a player the quality of a certain player playing at Stanford....I am all for it.

So you think if we had say Jon Gruden or Bill Cower as the head coach we would be winning? We have NO QB, without a QB you are not going to win.

Not sure Gruden or Cower would be my first pick, but yeah I think either one could've pulled out a win or two, and at least been more entertaining to watch on the sidelines, because lord knows the colts are NOT worth watching on the fields, but unfortunately I don't think any coach worth his salt would put up with a control freak of a GM... So there you have it...

But I am just Joe Colt Fan sooo...