Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DHB signs with Steelers

So long DHB. You hands weren't good (that's being kind) but your attitude was great. Good luck in Pittsburgh! (it's a great town) 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/02/steelers-give-darrius-heyward-bey-a-shot/

This is just the steelers thinking they will get information on how to beat the colts in it doesn't change they aren't going anywhere.

This is just the steelers thinking they will get information on how to beat the colts in it doesn't change they aren't going anywhere.

If Mike Tomlin & the Steelers had acquired WR Reggie Wayne, you'd have a valid point jameszeigler834. But, DHB was only on our squad for 1 season. I don't see him as a great resource of game changing information to use against INDY at all personally. 

Good for him. I was bummed for him when it became obvious he wasn't working out here despite how hard he was trying.  It would be nice to see him turn it around. 

Yeah, DHB was the perfect teammate & he always tried to be a we vs me whatever's best for the franchise guy. I just can't figure out how a guy with his size & speed can't catch the ball when the lights & the expectations are the brightest. Is it a vision issue? A long ball judging depth issue? Or a stage fright psychological confidence issue? 

A new scenery or team can be a good thing sure, but if DHB fails in Oakland, INDY, & now Pittsburgh his NFL career is systematically over I think. Good luck man...

He may have the worst receiving skills I've ever seen out of a professional WR. I'm sure the Steelers can easily fix him. Good luck.

If OC Todd Haley can resurrect DHB's career, I will be amazed, but if he does, SW1 will sing his praises myself. I've always respected HC Tomlin going back to his Tampa Bay days, but Haley will be molding DHB not Tomlin though. 

Haley did do wonders for Larry Fitzgerald & Anquan Boldin in AZ though so it is possible I guess. The winning track record of transforming good WRs into elite WRs does indeed exist. I can't lie ColtsLegacy. 

If OC Todd Haley can resurrect DHB's career, I will be amazed, but if he does, SW1 will sing his praises myself. I've always respected HC Tomlin going back to his Tampa Bay days, but Haley will be molding DHB not Tomlin though.

Haley did do wonders for Larry Fitzgerald & Anquan Boldin in AZ though so it is possible I guess. The winning track record of transforming good WRs into elite WRs does indeed exist. I can't lie ColtsLegacy.

Sorry, that sentence was full on sarcasm.

I think DHB being coached to be a good receiver is about as likely as me being coached to fly by flapping my arms.

I love this signing!

My co-worker is a Steelers fan, and we have a nice wager on who will win more games this season between them and the Colts.

DHB is sure to kill several offensive drives next season before the Steelers send him to their kick-off team!

I understand what you're trying to say, but in all honesty DHB asked to go to special teams he was not forced to go there. Just an indication of how much he really wanted to help the team. He is a team-first player.

Like others, I really hope he has a turnaround year with the Steelers.