Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts in talks for Alex Mack (mega-merge)

vitoaf27

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm curious in knowing is what was Mack asking that the Browns were not willing to meet?

Mack was asking to be on a winning franchise with a viable chance at winning the Super Bowl.

Browns can't fulfill that request. Not anytime soon anyway.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 14, 2014 - TR argument
Hidden by Nadine, March 14, 2014 - TR argument

I think Grigson is gonna suit up and play center, he plans on opening big holes for Trent so he doesnt look bad anymore for trading our first rounder for him.

If you want anything done right you have to do it yourself.

I think Grigson is gonna suit up and play center, he plans on opening big holes for Trent so he doesnt look bad anymore for trading our first rounder for him.

If you want anything done right you have to do it yourself.

you really need new material.

In my opinion if Grigson really is all in on Alex Mack at the expense of not bringing in a guy like Evan Dietrich Smith then I think thats a very real cause to be concerned, Of course I'd love to get Mack but no way in the world would I sit in my office and be on the phones and number crunch like crazy at the expense of losing out on Smith....If we dont nail this Center spot we aint running the ball consistently as needed folks, Now I dont think thats what he is doing so everyone ready to crucify me for believing Grigson would do that just relax(I personally think Costa was really brought in to compete with Holmes for the starting job)......But if thats what we really are doing and we dont get Mack (I dont think we will)then we cant run the ball thats squarely on Grigsons shoulders

you really need new material.

But then you wouldn't have anyone to tell your excuses to and you would sink into depression. When you sink into depression you start drinking. When you start drinking your vision is blurred and you end up taking home women with mustaches from the bar. Dont take home women with mustaches from the bar, stay here with me and complain about what I post. I'm doing it all for your benefit, you will see that one day.

In my opinion if Grigson really is all in on Alex Mack at the expense of not bringing in a guy like Evan Dietrich Smith then I think thats a very real cause to be concerned, Of course I'd love to get Mack but no way in the world would I sit in my office and be on the phones and number crunch like crazy at the expense of losing out on Smith....If we dont nail this Center spot we aint running the ball consistently as needed folks, Now I dont think thats what he is doing so everyone ready to crucify me for believing Grigson would do that just relax(I personally think Costa was really brought in to compete with Holmes for the starting job)......But if thats what we really are doing and we dont get Mack (I dont think we will)then we cant run the ball thats squarely on Grigsons shoulders

I would actually prefer signing EDS at a reasonable price as opposed to signing Mack for LT money.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/14/alex-mack-plans-visits-has-none-scheduled/

“We do anticipate Alex making visits — but he’s not in any hurry to do so either,” Younger said, via the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

Sounds like Mack is going to wait until the Browns spend all their money. At least that's the way I interpret it.

Then he's got a long wait ahead of him, because that's never going to happen.

maybe the team is just no high on EDS like you are. If the team is really high on him and they are just forgetting about him because they are just in love with Mack, then its a huge mistake. But if they are not, then they are playing it right. They even sent a signal to browns that we already moved on with Costa, maybe now they waste their cap room. and then we go all in.

I would actually prefer signing EDS at a reasonable price as opposed to signing Mack for LT money.

Me to, Macks much more mobile but Smith is pretty good. I hope Grigson really isn't putting all his eggs into getting Mack or having Costa and Holmes fight it out. Holmes does have a huge upside for sure though, He is very mobile when he he has a grasp of the blocking schemes and assignments and can play at full speed, His ceiling is much higher then Costas but we need as close to a sure thing at Center as you can get and thats EDS

Me to, Macks much more mobile but Smith is pretty good. I hope Grigson really isn't putting all his eggs into getting Mack or having Costa and Holmes fight it out. Holmes does have a huge upside for sure though, He is very mobile when he he has a grasp of the blocking schemes and assignments and can play at full speed, His ceiling is much higher then Costas but we need as close to a sure thing at Center as you can get and thats EDS

That i agree with. I dont want to pay LT money for a C. draft one and move on. or get EDS if you are high on him.

The fact that many of you are still talking about this tells me that Grigson and company are probably doing the same. Flawless logic is flawless.

Keep it up boys and girls! If we can get this thread up to 30 pages I am certain that Mack will sign with us AND play a little bit of FS as well... maybe even WR! I can see it now *fantasizing*...

Announcer: "Mack snaps the ball to Luck, Luck stands tall in the pocket for 30 SECONDS, Mack is open down field, Luck throws Mack a laser-guided BOMB, MACK HAS THE BALL, the defense is gaining on him, WHATS THIS... Mack snaps the ball 50 yards BACK to Luck, Luck stands tall in the pocket once again, MACK IS OPEN AND HE LETS IT FLYYYYY, Mack is all alone but, WAIT... HE SNAPS THE BALL BACK TO LUCK,...[this trend goes on for awhile]..., Ladies and gentlemen... I believe the defense has collapsed due to exhaustion and some may have vacated their bowels. Get ready NFL, the Luck Era has just begun!"

Costas was signed on a backup type deal, based on his salary. I think its safe to assume Grigs plans on bringing in the starter still. As for the Mack situation, i see it similar as Paul Kruger last year, Grigs will play the bidding game but if it goes past a certain number, drop out and make a move on the next tier. The entire C market this year is waiting for Macks deal to see if they can sqeeze a couple extra millions out in their contracts, so its not like the market will dry up during this process.

Costas was signed on a backup type deal, based on his salary. I think its safe to assume Grigs plans on bringing in the starter still. As for the Mack situation, i see it similar as Paul Kruger last year, Grigs will play the bidding game but if it goes past a certain number, drop out and make a move on the next tier. The entire C market this year is waiting for Macks deal to see if they can sqeeze a couple extra millions out in their contracts, so its not like the market will dry up during this process.

If anything it's becoming more of a buyers market day by day. Skins just cut Will Montgomery. He's been a decent starter at C.

That salary doesn't mean anything really in determining if he will start or not

Costa started all 16 games last season for the Cowboys. At worst I would say he is a slight upgrade over Satele, just the fact that he started all 16 games would point to that.

He played 3 games last year and 3 games in 2012, he started all 16 in 2011.

I stand corrected. I read an article about him this morning that said he started all 16 last season and that they considered him fairly solid because Romo was able to pass for 4,000 yards behind him.

I think it was posted on Twitter, or yardbarker.

Thats pretty darn cheap. Too bad we didn't ink him, although if Grigson pulls off a miracle and still gets Mack, I'll be glad we didn't sign EDS.

Well, it certainly makes it harder to justify giving Mack 8+ mill. And doesn't he get 10 mill, if he stays without anybody making an offer? :HFire:

Funny how some of you are screaming for Evan Dietrich-Smith.  He was signed by Green Bay as a college free agent, cut, signed by Seattle, cut, signed again by Green Bay, backed up a shot Jeff Saturday, and then finally got to play.  You make it sound like he is a word beater.  How is he much different than Phil Costa?

I thought all teams had to spend atleast 89% of their salary cap every year-or am I wrong?( Not be sarcastic or anything genuinely can't remember.) If that's the case, the colts could wait till then.

Somebody else already addressed this, but even if it weren't the case, Mack would run out of time anyway. Browns are going to hold onto a lot of their cap until everything is sorted out because they're going to be working on extensions for guys like Haden, Cameron, etc. later on.