Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts in talks for Alex Mack (mega-merge)

vitoaf27

No, just offer Mack a normal contract, like 4 year 36 million dollar contract or 4 years 40 million etc. but give Cleveland our 2nd rounder in exchange for not matching the contract

There's a ton of different ways we could structure a contract that should be tried before giving up our highest draft choice.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there ways besides making it be a 16 or 17 million dollar cap hit one year? Especially with us needing to resign Allen, Hilton, and Luck soon

Yeah, there are really smart guys who make a living doing this stuff. I'm sure they can dream something up.

Are there ways besides making it be a 16 or 17 million dollar cap hit one year? Especially with us needing to resign Allen, Hilton, and Luck soon

All they would need to do is agree with Mack ahead of time that he would restructure after the 1st yr. of the contract. Put a clause in the contract that he wouldn't agree to a re-structure for any other team than Indy. I think they might be able to get by with that and cleveland wouldn't have a choice but to let him go.

All they would need to do is agree with Mack ahead of time that he would restructure after the 1st yr. of the contract. Put a clause in the contract that he wouldn't agree to a re-structure for any other team than Indy. I think they might be able to get by with that and cleveland wouldn't have a choice but to let him go.

I'd be up for something like that

Now we're getting somewhere. Good thinking, Sir! :thmup:

I'm pretty sure "can't agree to restructure with anyone but Indy" would be shutdown real quick by the poison pill clause.

I'm pretty sure "can't agree to restructure with anyone but Indy" would be shutdown real quick by the poison pill clause.

Could be, but it doesn't really need to be worded that way exactly as long as there was an agreement in place prior to him signing that a re-structure of the contract would happen next season. Nobody else would have to know about that part.

I believe things like this have become very illegal in the new CBA.

There's language there about no "poison pills"....   and I think this would be considered one.

If it works lets do it best idea I heard yet

I wonder and this is a big wonder. If it would be possible to put a clause into the contract that says the player gets final say in where he goes. I know the tag says he has to sign with Cleveland but would a clause such as that be determined a poison pill since it wouldn't technically undermine the tagging team?

Could be, but it doesn't really need to be worded that way exactly as long as there was an agreement in place prior to him signing that a re-structure of the contract would happen next season. Nobody else would have to know about that part.

can't, have go with the large signing bonus route, maybe offer the Browns a future draft pick.

I saw it on cable in the last year, they cut out the funny part of the scene, the guys with the Afro picks " we ain't seen *bleep* !"

They always do crazy stupid edits for cable. The afro scene is still in when I stream it on Netflix.

I wonder and this is a big wonder. If it would be possible to put a clause into the contract that says the player gets final say in where he goes. I know the tag says he has to sign with Cleveland but would a clause such as that be determined a poison pill since it wouldn't technically undermine the tagging team?

I don't believe that is possible

I would go a step farther, I'd say bottom half of the conference. Make it that much harder on the browns.

was literally just thinking that lol, also future idea lol if the player we want is in the NFC and is a pro bowl player put a clause for extravagant amount of money if player makes nfc pro bowl team. But yeah, don't see them beating out Bengals or Ravens

when I've seen it on tv (usually Comedy Central), they leave in the scene, just mute the "s..t"

When I saw it, it just shows the guys with the Afro pick and it goes to the next scene. I don't think it had to do with the curse word but perceived racism.

He can say that to them

Then if he wants out he needs to ditch the pc crap and say he wants to play for the Colts. Sure they've made some good pick ups but when ever you get done with it they're still the browns. No franchise qb and don't see them getting one anytime soon.

was literally just thinking that lol, also future idea lol if the player we want is in the NFC and is a pro bowl player put a clause for extravagant amount of money if player makes nfc pro bowl team. But yeah, don't see them beating out Bengals or Ravens

With the way the new pro bowl draft is, that wouldn't work