Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vitoaf27

Report: Colts in talks for Alex Mack (mega-merge)

I was thinking today, no moves so far today, that's probably good news. It means we are either waiting for the price of decker to go down, or..... Alex Mack. Either or, it has been the best couple of days in the colts offseason since we drafted andrew luck. Go colts!

Mack and BDP are really the only good centers available. If we sign Mack i think will have a top 5 O-line.

those are not the only good centers available

Where does this say the colts are one of the teams?

I think you have to read it from the bottom to the top.

In a perfect world, Mack would graciously sign with us for a reasonable $5 million a year, and the Browns wouldn't match.  If only.

Where does this say the colts are one of the teams?

Twitter works funny--when somebody "retweets" somebody else, they make their comments at the beginning of the tweet. Essentially the conversation was like this:

Ian Rapoport: What’s going on with Browns center Alex Mack? I’m told 4 teams have been in contact on varying levels. Waiting for the frenzy to die down

Twitter user: Are the Colts on those teams?

Ian Rapoport: On Alex Mack? Yes. Ravens, too.

The title of this thread is somewhat misleading. When I clicked on it I was expecting to see we were bringing him in for a visit or something.

Twitter works funny--when somebody "retweets" somebody else, they make their comments at the beginning of the tweet. Essentially the conversation was like this:

Ian Rapoport: What’s going on with Browns center Alex Mack? I’m told 4 teams have been in contact on varying levels. Waiting for the frenzy to die down

Twitter user: Are the Colts on those teams?

Ian Rapoport: On Alex Mack? Yes. Ravens, too.

Thanks, im not a big twitter guy

Mack and BDP are really the only good centers available. If we sign Mack i think will have a top 5 O-line.

Not sure Top 5 until we get better at the OG.  Certainly a much improved OL

Another Browns player? OK, I know Mack is a premier C but why are we getting all these Browns players? First Richardson, that's worked out great so far....then Jackson who I'm still not sold on....and now Mack.

How expensive would he be? I doubt we would poke his agent if we knew he wants 10+ mill, and we only will give, say max 5 mill on a Center.

Another Browns player? OK, I know Mack is a premier C but why are we getting all these Browns players? First Richardson, that's worked out great so far....then Jackson who I'm still not sold on....and now Mack.

We're grabbing Joe Haden next :thmup:

Let's trade for Josh Gordon while we're at it.

maybe mack can get richardson going.

I like our chances for a few reasons:

1.we have the cap room to take him.

2. Chud could be useful piece in negotiations ( like with Dqwell)

3m I somehow think it would be really stupid (even for the Browns) to let Mack go to their division rivals with the Baltimore Ravens.

maybe mack can get richardson going.

Someone needs to. maybe Mack can lineup behind Richardson and kick him in @#%& and get him going... :woah:

3m I somehow think it would be really stupid (even for the Browns) to let Mack go to their division rivals with the Baltimore Ravens.

Good point! :thmup:

rotoworld.com

His agent said he can structure a deal that the browns cant match earlier in the week.

I'd like to know how that would be possible. I don't see how anybody could offer Mack a contract that the Browns couldn't match. It makes no sense.

Grigson:  Would you rather be snapping the ball to Brandon Weeden, Joe Flacco, or Andrew Luck?

Mack:  Where do I sign?

Because they were a garbage team that perenially collected early first rounders?

And we're going to keep picking up Browns players, until you're happy about it...........   :)

Thanks, im not a big twitter guy

I don't understand it. It took we awhile to figure out we were actually interested in Mack

Grigson:  Would you rather be snapping the ball to Brandon Weeden, Joe Flacco, or Andrew Luck?

Mack:  Where do I sign?

nevermind, they just cut Weeden