Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts re-sign Moala.

Dustin

Yep, Vontae is probably on his way out. He was #1 priority on this forum list (most of you guys) on who to re-sign and so far numerous player's got paid before him

1. Patty Mac

2. Josh Gordy

3. D Jackson

4. Justin Hickman

5. Cam Johnson

Etc etc

multiple deals can be worked on at the same time

Yep, Vontae is probably on his way out. He was #1 priority on this forum list (most of you guys) on who to re-sign and so far numerous player's got paid before him

1. Patty Mac

2. Josh Gordy

3. D Jackson

4. Justin Hickman

5. Cam Johnson

Etc etc

With the exception of Patty Mac and maybe Jackson (somewhat of a value), I wouldn't describe the others as "getting paid"......they got tendered and Cam was exclusive rights. 

@AdamSchefter: Short of a trade in the next two days, the Buccaneers are expected to release CB Darrelle Revis by 4 p.m. Wednesday, per league sources.

Why is that? I know he was coming back from an injury, but everything I heard says he was improving as the season went along.

I r corn-fused.

Why is that? I know he was coming back from an injury, but everything I heard says he was improving as the season went along.

I r corn-fused.

Because he has a $16m cap hit, and $1.5m of that is a roster bonus due on Thursday. It's just too much for a cornerback, especially for a team that's going to play a lot of zone coverage. He's a great player, but he's making quarterback money.

@AdamSchefter: Short of a trade in the next two days, the Buccaneers are expected to release CB Darrelle Revis by 4 p.m. Wednesday, per league sources.

be funny if they released him than signed to something smaller I would probably cost them too much money

As others have noted.  $16M for a corner in a cover 2, or any scheme for that matter, is nuts. 

Its best for a new boss to clean house right away, then blame a poor season on your predecessors bad decisions you're left to clean up. 

Good signing with Moala.  Not everyone is going to be JJ Watt.  You need back ups.  Signing him has ZERO to do with signing or not signing Davis or anyone else.  Grigs is filling the open roles when and whereever he can.