Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae and the Colts are on the same page (merge)

lollygagger8

I totally agree on Davis....but only if he knows what Quarterback he is playing against  :manning: ???  :brady: ???

I think we are keeping Toler from some of the positive comments from Grigs.  Groin injuries can be chronic.  I only say I want Vaughn and Gordy gone first.  Of course you may have known that already Lolly!  :)

I totally agree on Davis....but only if he knows what Quarterback he is playing against  :manning: ???  :brady: ???

I think we are keeping Toler from some of the positive comments from Grigs.  Groin injuries can be chronic.  I only say I want Vaughn and Gordy gone first.  Of course you may have known that already Lolly!   :)

I would keep Gordy.  I thought he played relatively well once he usurped Vaughn on the depth chart.  I like him for depth.  I also think Toler will be given one more year depending on how healthy he is going into TC and OTA's.

I would keep Gordy.  I thought he played relatively well once he usurped Vaughn on the depth chart.  I like him for depth.  I also think Toler will be given one more year depending on how healthy he is going into TC and OTA's.

I guess you could say the same for Vaughn too.  He was better than the year before, and knows how to take a knee on kickoffs.:)  

I just have never liked either one of them...seems like they are always out of position.  Maybe I should be more open-minded :)

I guess you could say the same for Vaughn too.  He was better than the year before, and knows how to take a knee on kickoffs. :)

I just have never liked either one of them...seems like they are always out of position.  Maybe I should be more open-minded :)

nah I agree with you on Vaughn.  The defense took it's worst dip in execution with Vaughn in the lineup.  I would keep Davis, Toler (or FA replacement if they don't think Toler can stay healthy), Butler and Gordy as our #1-4.  

nah I agree with you on Vaughn.  The defense took it's worst dip in execution with Vaughn in the lineup.  I would keep Davis, Toler (or FA replacement if they don't think Toler can stay healthy), Butler and Gordy as our #1-4.  

We can live with that if Toler is deemed healthy.  Gordy is very fast down the field on special teams.  I will give him that as a plus too.   :thmup:

http://www.indystar.com/story/colts-insider/2014/02/03/colts-vontae-davis-nearing-free-agency/5179533/

Signs look good on re-signing Davis which should be the top priority. 

After this, we need to focus on finding a new CB in FA and get rid of Toler! 

I'd like them to get rid of Toler but I don't think it will happen.  I'm guessing Grigs will stick with Toler for another year find out that he's made of glass again and maybe then try to cut him loose.

It would be a bad move to keep Toler. Cutting him would free up 4 millionen and although he is a talented player he just can't stay healthy. He missed a lot of games in Arizona and most of last season in Indy. We better look for some options on free agency and draft.

I just hate relying on injury prone players.

I think Gordy is quite underrated here too. He got picked on A LOT and played ver we'll in our heavy man scheme. Keep me at least for depth. I thought he was better than butler.

I guess you could say the same for Vaughn too.  He was better than the year before, and knows how to take a knee on kickoffs. :)

Were you a Jerry Hughes basher?

Jerry played well for us the year he was allowed to play and is PFF top rated Pass Rusher for this season.

The close minded *S here hadn`t a CLUE what they were watching. Pitiful bunch of Homers on this board. JMO

Were you a Jerry Hughes basher?

Jerry played well for us the year he was allowed to play and is PFF top rated Pass Rusher for this season.

The close minded *S here hadn`t a CLUE what they were watching. Pitiful bunch of Homers on this board. JMO

hughes sucks

Davis was great last year but were gonna need someone on the opposite side because Toler can't stay healthy and he's inconsistent .

Toler was good when he was in the slot for the Cardinals, he's not an outside CB. I don't think Grigson will cut him because he just signed him but he's not worth his salary. Maybe he and Butler can both split time in the slot but we need to draft a big physical CB.

Yes, I think we should keep Gordy as well. 

He played just as well as Toler did, but for A LOT less money and he wasn't hurt for the entire season. 

Toler is decent in the slot, but we already have Butler who is exceptional in the slot. Toler is not worth the money we are throwing at him. 

Im not really sure where in that article it says signs look good, It mentions his skill set is ideal in our defensive scheme and that he is adamant about returning to Indy...But truth is all players are adamant about returning to the team they played for in most cases until they are offered a deal they dont like. I believe he resigns but its not done until its doen...just like the article says

Great news, another key to building a successful franchise, re-signing those players that perform well for you. Corners like Vontae are very hard to find and his value is immense. It'll be nice to pair him up with another talented corner.

Im not really sure where in that article it says signs look good, It mentions his skill set is ideal in our defensive scheme and that he is adamant about returning to Indy...But truth is all players are adamant about returning to the team they played for in most cases until they are offered a deal they dont like. I believe he resigns but its not done until its doen...just like the article says

Yeah, there's absolutely no new information in that article. None.

785.gif

Maybe you should provide some. 

jim-eyes.gif

Not taking a shot at you as the OP. I have an issue with the way these websites generate content by regurgitating old information as if it's new. There isn't a new quote in that article from either the team or the player, there's no developments to mention, nothing. It's just a a fluff piece in a series of fluff pieces. No new information.

I promise you, if I have new information that hasn't been published, I'll let everyone here know first. Sound fair?

If you just wanted to have a sassy gif-off, you could have just said so...

I think we are keeping Toler from some of the positive comments from Grigs.  Groin injuries can be chronic.  I only say I want Vaughn and Gordy gone first.  Of course you may have known that already Lolly!   :)

Does it really matter?

I don't care what QB he is preparing for as long as he keeps erasing WRs.

Players can say all the right things, but the bottom line is all comes down to dollars in the end.  If we come with an offer that he does not like and someone else does give him something he likes he will leave.  

Hopefully Grigs does not spend to much on him because he has been hit and miss here.  At times he is great and sometimes you see why the Fins were ok with letting him.

Hopefully both sides can come to a reasonable contract.

jim-eyes.gif

Not taking a shot at you as the OP. I have an issue with the way these websites generate content by regurgitating old information as if it's new. There isn't a new quote in that article from either the team or the player, there's no developments to mention, nothing. It's just a a fluff piece in a series of fluff pieces. No new information.

I promise you, if I have new information that hasn't been published, I'll let everyone here know first. Sound fair?

If you just wanted to have a sassy gif-off, you could have just said so...

Yes...gif off!! lol 

812.gif

I guess welcome to every article of the off season. 

I get excited about new articles as well, but they just don't scratch the itch all that often...

H1hRump.gif?1

There is no harder time to find reliable information from february until the Mr. Irrelevant is selected.  Everything is speculation until the draft pick occurs or the contract signed.  You have to look no further than March 15, 2013 at 3:59PM EST.  At 3:59PM, everyone knew for a fact that Elvis Dumervil was going to be a Bronco.  At 4:00 PM, he was a free agent. 

There is no harder time to find reliable information from february until the Mr. Irrelevant is selected.  Everything is speculation until the draft pick occurs or the contract signed.  You have to look no further than March 15, 2013 at 3:59PM EST.  At 3:59PM, everyone knew for a fact that Elvis Dumervil was going to be a Bronco.  At 4:00 PM, he was a free agent. 

Makes it worse that this is the first doldrums of the offseason. Nothing will happen right now, aside from a few re-signings and extensions here and there. It's all speculation until free agency opens. And then it's all speculation and mock drafts until the draft starts.

And then it's the REAL doldrums of the offseason, until camps start.

Makes it worse that this is the first doldrums of the offseason. Nothing will happen right now, aside from a few re-signings and extensions here and there. It's all speculation until free agency opens. And then it's all speculation and mock drafts until the draft starts.

And then it's the REAL doldrums of the offseason, until camps start.

May to July seems like years.  Basketball and Baseball just don't get the job done.  A distraction, but pales in comparison.

never said that

And yes, Hughes sucks

He didn't suck when he played for the Colts, and obviously doesn't suck in BUF.  Just because you mistakenly bashed him while he was here doesn't mean you still have to keep defending your inaccurate assessment ... it's ok to admit you were (and are) wrong.