Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae and the Colts are on the same page (merge)

lollygagger8

He didn't suck when he played for the Colts, and obviously doesn't suck in BUF. Just because you mistakenly bashed him while he was here doesn't mean you still have to keep defending your inaccurate assessment ... it's ok to admit you were (and are) wrong.

nope

He sucked here and sucks there

He didn't suck when he played for the Colts, and obviously doesn't suck in BUF.  Just because you mistakenly bashed him while he was here doesn't mean you still have to keep defending your inaccurate assessment ... it's ok to admit you were (and are) wrong.

I didn't like Hughes. Still don't think he fits here. He benefitted from a change of scenery. Good for him. When he was here he didn't play well. I don't know why but that's just my assessment. I'm glad he had a good season but I still say when he was here and he got a chance he didn't play well.

Were you a Jerry Hughes basher?

Jerry played well for us the year he was allowed to play and is PFF top rated Pass Rusher for this season.

The close minded *S here hadn`t a CLUE what they were watching. Pitiful bunch of Homers on this board. JMO

I was not talking about Hughes in any of my posts.= here...but...

To your question, I slammed on Hughes pretty hard when I felt he did absolutely nothing for the team.  I slammed him when he sucked, and I noted his good play (Special teams)  Last year he was playing respectable football, and I was not sure of the trade for Sheppard.  Still not.  Sheppard to me was a major disappointment.

I feel I am pretty unbiased in my analysis on here, but I do root for the Colts even if Satele is in the game...I do not feel I am a HOMER....I am a Colts Fan!

Colts_Logo.jpg

Let's face it Buf got a steal in the trade. We really could have used another pass rusher and Hughes would have fit that role perfectly. instead we got Sheppard.

By the way Sheppard sucks!

Sheppard played better toward the end of the year, but yeah, he was pretty bad most of the season, and yeah, the Bills won that trade easily. Wish we had kept Hughes, especially since Werner got hurt.

give me sheppard all day long

11 sacks, 9 hits, 39 hurrys. and stout against the run.

Hughes has had a very good year no matter how you try to spin it.

Sheppard, bad in coverage, worse against the run, offers nothing except an extra body.

We lost on this trade.

11 sacks, 9 hits, 39 hurrys. and stout against the run.

Hughes has had a very good year no matter how you try to spin it.

Sheppard, bad in coverage, worse against the run, offers nothing except an extra body.

We lost on this trade.

stout against the run hahaha. Yeah right

Hughes is off the team. That's a win any way you slice it

stout against the run hahaha. Yeah right

Hughes is off the team. That's a win any way you slice it

He was... he gave up very few yards when running backs ran at him.

Hughes did not contribute here.. but Buffalo got the better deal.

Debating whether we should have kept him because of what he has done in Buffalo is pretty arbitrary though.

hughes isn't your guy.

Sheppard is not either, but I support him.  Hughes did have a nice year this year with the Bills as Anton mentions.  He actually had a good year the last year he was here.  For a team needing a 'rush' LB....Hughes made sense.  I think he was sent packing for 'past performance.'

I have not mentioned he was sitting....behind two possible HOFer's.  :)  Yet he was not good when he did play until his contract year.  Shocker!!

Sheppard is not either, but I support him. Hughes did have a nice year this year with the Bills as Anton mentions. He actually had a good year the last year he was here. For a team needing a 'rush' LB....Hughes made sense. I think he was sent packing for 'past performance.'

I have not mentioned he was sitting....behind two possible HOFer's. :) Yet he was not good when he did play until his contract year. Shocker!!

no

Hughes was bad his last year here. People say he was good but its not true. Just talk from people that don't know what they are watching

He was... he gave up very few yards when running backs ran at him.

Hughes did not contribute here.. but Buffalo got the better deal.

Debating whether we should have kept him because of what he has done in Buffalo is pretty arbitrary though.

we could have traded that dude for a sack of basketballs and I think we win

no

Hughes was bad his last year here. People say he was good but its not true. Just talk from people that don't know what they are watching

I disagree and I analyze every phase of the game.  He was excellent on special teams his last year and showed to prove good backup when Mathis was out.

His problem...like Mathis is he was horrible at contain as well as setting the edge.    I am fine with your opinion.  I just do not agree with it :)

I disagree and I analyze every phase of the game. He was excellent on special teams his last year and showed to prove good backup when Mathis was out.

His problem...like Mathis is he was horrible at contain as well as setting the edge. I am fine with your opinion. I just do not agree with it :)

excellent on special teams? No

Not shocked Davis is saying he wants to stay here.  Most free agents to be say that.  The bigger thing to be concerned about if the Colts and Davis are on the same page or not comes down to money.  If they are he'll be re-signed very quickly.  If not some negotiations will have to take place that might lead to the franchise tag for Davis in order to keep him.