Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would we have won if we played NE in Indy?

cmgww

So I am over the shock of the season ending....it happens. Great season, wish we could have gone further, but nothing is going to change the past.

That said, just to play "woulda coulda"...if this game was played at LOS, would the outcome be different?

We know it's basically impossible to win in NE in the playoffs. The Jets and Ravens have done it in recent years, but wins there are few and far between.

So, would it have played out any differently here? I know the crowd would have been a factor, but do the Pats still rush for 753 yards? Does that tripping call go unnoticed? Are there a few more PI calls on the Pats? Does Luck throw 3 picks (4th I am not counting bc it was in garbage time when the game was decided)

It was a close (7 point) game until the Pats broke it open late.

Yes, I am rehashing a bit...but this game could have very well been played at home had certain games broke our way in the final weeks of the season. Or us winning that early Dolphins game...

Thoughts? Don't get too serious on this one. I just wanted to see what people think if we'd had the Pats on our turf...

We will see the Pats next year ON OUR TURF. Hopefully, we have a healthy Wayne and Allen and a better set of trenches. Who knows, maybe we get their guy Edelman as our #2. ;)

With a healthy O, I like our chances on our field. We will find out. If they have Gronk and Wilfork back, our work will be cut out too. But our place will be rocking.

I think we still lose even if that game was played at LOS.  We gave up 44 points to a team that was inferior to the Pats and we to make a miraculous comeback to win. .  We had no answer to their run game and playing at LOS wouldn't have made much of a difference.  It probably would have been a closer game but still a loss. 

I can't say that I'm in shock b/c in a lot of games, we won in the second half and didn't dominate the game.  You can't do that (very often) and still win in the playoffs.  It's a gamble if you try to.

They would not have won playing the way they played.  The picks on O and the lack of tackling and bad coverage on D.

So the pats are great this year, but not last year?

Whats great about being shut out and beat by 13 at home last year and giving up 41 points to a Ravens offense that was a middle of the pack offense mostly because the Ravens had a run game in 2012

That is why the regular season is so paramount in football and why the Pats needed every singled comeback they got this year. I still think the Pats win on the road but not sure it is as dominant or a blowout. Brady's numbers in a dome are pretty impressive though so the Pats may have run and thrown more. That being said, the conditions would have been better for throwing which would have helped Luck I think. But I also don't think the Pats have the crazy snap over the head of the punter either. What if's are fun though.

The correct answer is maybe. 

For more fun questions. Would the Colts have won if Andrew doesn't throw 4 picks, but just 2. Would the Colts have won if they had allowed 3 running touchdowns instead of 4?

I dunno, it's kinda pointless to conjure up scenarios to make a games outcome different. It happened.

So I am over the shock of the season ending....it happens. Great season, wish we could have gone further, but nothing is going to change the past.

That said, just to play "woulda coulda"...if this game was played at LOS, would the outcome be different?

We know it's basically impossible to win in NE in the playoffs. The Jets and Ravens have done it in recent years, but wins there are few and far between.

So, would it have played out any differently here? I know the crowd would have been a factor, but do the Pats still rush for 753 yards? Does that tripping call go unnoticed? Are there a few more PI calls on the Pats? Does Luck throw 3 picks (4th I am not counting bc it was in garbage time when the game was decided)

Yes, I am rehashing a bit...but this game could have very well been played at home had certain games broke our way in the final weeks of the season. Or us winning that early Dolphins game...

Thoughts? Don't get too serious on this one. I just wanted to see what people think if we'd had the Pats on our turf...

The answer is 'yes'....

...We'd have been able to rally at home..the crowd is a factor..adds energy..

Its easier to pass indoors..

Next year: Lets get that home field....seriously :thmup:

Yes we would have. That's why the refs handing the Patriots the Browns game was huge. We could have been  a 2 or 3 seed and the Pats would have been the 4th seed.

With the refs calling the game the way they were (no holding on NE in 45 rushing plays, no PI on NE, no tripping on NE, no PFs on NE, everything even close to a penalty called on us), we couldn't win no matter where it was played.  

I won't be stunned if we beat them at home next year in a "revenge" type of game. We are good at getting emotionally worked up at times at home in these style of games.

Playoffs are a new ball game though.

What will likely happen is we beat them in the regular season when it doesn't matter, and lose in the playoffs when it DOES matter.