Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts DC

mirobi

Just an observation about how each loss is by a greater margin than the last.

Do you think the teams he has been with may have been worse each time they met. Or that NE may have gotten better each time they met? Maybe  :google:   the t.o.p. for each game. That's a pretty crappy statement you made about our DC. :Cry:

Maybe you should apologize to him.

Do you think the teams he has been with may have been worse each time they met. Or that NE may have gotten better each time they met? Maybe  :google:   the t.o.p. for each game. That's a pretty crappy statement you made about our DC. :Cry:

Maybe you should apologize to him.

Maybe our DC should apologize to some of our Linebackers for putting them out on slot wr's setting them up to fail or leaving Bethea/Landry as the Single High Safety with both of our Corners being dinged up and hurt

Maybe our DC should apologize to some of our Linebackers for putting them out on slot wr's setting them up to fail or leaving Bethea/Landry as the Single High Safety with both of our Corners being dinged up and hurt

Do you have a complaint about our DC too Gavin? Can you prove what you have stated here is true? Are you able to say that what you have stated here is what was supposed to have been called, or maybe they were out of the position they were supposed to be in. I am going to need to see evidence. LINK?  Playcalls? Anything?

One thing I do wish he would do more of is disguise his blitzes, load up on the blitz from one side, have guys standing up and moving around the line......do more of those kinds of things.  I recall Baltimore doing that all the time when Pagano was there.  Maybe we don't have the personnel.....

I know everyone likes bashing the guy but thought I'd throw out this fact: 21 of the 59 from the last meeting weren't on Munasky.  Those being in the form of two INTs and a punt returned for TDs.  So he really gave up 38 with a defense being pieced together to play a 3-4 with 4-3 parts.  One might even argue he may not be fully responsible for another TD as we fumbled on our own 20-something yard line.

I know, I know...  it's still a decline yet not as bad as everyone is making it seem.  With the 3-4 parts closer to being in place, I believe we will see an improvement (or atleast hope we will   :goodluck: ).

Do you have a complaint about our DC too Gavin? Can you prove what you have stated here is true? Are you able to say that what you have stated here is what was supposed to have been called, or maybe they were out of the position they were supposed to be in. I am going to need to see evidence. LINK?  Playcalls? Anything?

Are you related to Greg Manusky or something? You're getting kind of excited over this...

Actually ...... I haven't checked. No excitement here ;)

Okay, cool. Just don't want you to get all worked up over there. If Manusky is your cousin or brother in law or something, maybe you should just ignore this thread. ;)

In all seriousness, I think he's worthy of some criticism from time to time, but I think the majority of our bad defensive outings have been because of blown coverages by the secondary. Some might say "well, Manusky should figure out a way to be less aggressive with coverages to take away big plays." Thing is, our best defensive outings have been a result of that aggressive defensive play, particularly by the corners (think Denver, first KC game, Niners, etc.) And when we did play a little less aggressive, we got bled to a slow death in San Diego.

Maybe a middle ground exists, but the defense shown an ability to play big against good offenses. I don't fault Manusky for giving them a chance to do so. 

Manusky defense has been too vanilla and its too predictable. Every team we play knows were gonna play man coverage 95% of the game and they beat us with rub and crossing routes. Now, he doesn't have a good d-line to work with but he still has to switch it up sometimes. 

He needs to call more zone blitzes and sometimes drop a DE in coverage over the middle and blitz a ILB. Or overload blitz to one side dropping Mathis, Mcnary, and RJF in coverage and blitz Freeman, Redding, Werner, and Chapman to confuse the defense. Rex Ryan is great at disguising and mixing up coverage, Manusky needs to do more of that.

Maybe he shouldn't apologize to anyone.

People here tend to forget that standing next to Manusky is a guy named Pagano.

If Manusky is doing something that Pagano doens't like I'm assuming Pagano is perfectly capable of saying.....

"Don't do that.   Try this...."

If Manusky is doing something that Pagano doens't like I'm assuming Pagano is perfectly capable of saying.....

Thats true

Yup. And there are meetings throughout the week when Manusky and Pagano talk about the defensive game plan. That said, I really hope that Manusky is gone after this season...I want him back with the Chargers. :D

Manusky defense has been too vanilla and its too predictable. Every team we play knows were gonna play man coverage 95% of the game and they beat us with rub and crossing routes. Now, he doesn't have a good d-line to work with but he still has to switch it up sometimes. 

He needs to call more zone blitzes and sometimes drop a DE in coverage over the middle and blitz a ILB. Or overload blitz to one side dropping Mathis, Mcnary, and RJF in coverage and blitz Freeman, Redding, Werner, and Chapman to confuse the defense. Rex Ryan is great at disguising and mixing up coverage, Manusky needs to do more of that.

When I watch this defense play I just think meh. With that and his past history of such mediocre defenses, I could certainly be fine with not having him back next year and looking into another 3-4 defensive minded coach with moxy. Manusky is not the worst dc but he certainly hovers around average imho.

Yup. And there are meetings throughout the week when Manusky and Pagano talk about the defensive game plan. That said, I really hope that Manusky is gone after this season...I want him back with the Chargers. :D

My concern with this statement is about pagano. He was supposed to be the saviour and defensive guru for our team and we have seen about as much vanilla defense as you tend to see in preseason games. Maybe pagano is nothing more than a beneficiaries guy from the prior dc of baltimore because this defense has shown little in the way of disguises and hybrid play. So either pagano isn't really that defensive guru, isn't able to get manusky to change or we just are at the talent level to play this avg. Of course I always look at what BB does with players off the street and he gets them into positions to just make football plays, it just makes one wonder, does BB just make things so simple for his system that it works while everyone else tries to get so complicated that it fails?

Short of it is that I feel like manusky could be replaced and we wouldnt even notice it and possibly get upside with new blood

Chuck has a very good history as a secondary coach, that is it.
You look at some of the players he has stuck with...  winning in spite of.

We definitely lack some talent and depth on the D, but we have some young pieces coming along.

Year one was a nothing because of the inherited roster and No Cap $$.
 We WILL be better on all 3 levels of the D next year with FA, the draft, with this years experience, and an off season.

Grade Manusky/Pagano after 12 games next year.