Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A little I have to say about Luck

backshoulderfade

Firstly, I would like to say that Luck's missfirings, the interceptions and poor throws, speak more to Luck's ability than they do to his inexperience. The amount of calm and composure to pull out a win under such circumstances. What happens when Andrew has a few years and multiple playoff games experience. What happens when we have a better team surrounding him? Colts fans, we are the luckiest team in the league. We have a lot to look forward to over the next decade or so.

That touchdown, the fumble recovery. What can be said about it. I said in another thread that it was like a microcosm of the game itself. When the ball came out of Brown's hands I thought all was lost. Then Luck, as if by an act of God, picks up the ball and dives into the endzone. Colts are truly back in the game. The instincts. Luck just makes plays. He made something out of nothing. Less than nothing even.

The final touchdown. Lesser players might not have made that play. Facing heat from Hali and Zombo he could have tried get a quick pass off. Get the ball out of his hands quick. Let someone else make a play in crunch time. Not Luck. That isn't his game. He steps up in the pocket and lets a beautiful pass go. Right into the basket. It's baffling that a second year QB is able to do that.

Most yards in his first two seasons. All those comebacks. He is the best young quarterback. Ideal size, fantastic measurables, such an underrated arm and above all the intangibles to make him the leagues best qb sooner rather than later.

True, and some of those interceptions in the game were not that bad, it seems? I mean those throws were close to being caught, some were just down to good play by the KC defense that Luck could not anticipate. There are ugly interceptions and there are more unfortunately ones in my book. Or am I not being Mr Clueless? :dunno:

True, and some of those interceptions in the game were not that bad, it seems? I mean those throws were close to being caught, some were just down to good play by the KC defense that Luck could not anticipate. There are ugly interceptions and there are more unfortunately ones in my book. Or am I not being Mr Clueless? :dunno:

I thought the first one was pretty bad when I saw it. It seemed like he under threw in coverage, but I'll admit, I had partaken in the Devil's nectar. The other two, weren't as bad with one being stolen from T.Y.

Im just so glad we dident pick RG3 instead

I don't think that was ever a valid consideration in the minds of real football people, not the media.

I'm not putting RG3 down, I hope he has a great career. Body frame, past injuries, style of play in college - all on Lucks side before you even consider their actual talent.

I thought the first one was pretty bad when I saw it. It seemed like he under threw in coverage, but I'll admit, I had partaken in the Devil's nectar. The other two, weren't as bad with one being stolen from T.Y.

Yeah, the one off of TY was just one of those things. It easily could have been a reception as well as an Int.

I tried to watch Brees (omg quit licking your hands like a dog) and Foles play last night. They were a hotmess to me. Funny thing is I wouldn't trade Luck for both of those QB's.

Mark Ingram had a great game for New Orleans

I came to the realization last night that I think that Luck will ultimately be better than Peyton. He seems to handle the pressure better. His composure is legendary. I never agreed with the notion that Peyton choked in the playoffs, but I think that being the perfectionist he is, he put even more pressure on himself when the post season came. He made it unnecessarily hard on himself.

When Peyton found the game falling apart the way it did last night, it did seem to get to him. We've all seen that look. Him sitting on the bench, angry. Not really speaking to anyone, just sitting there fuming. 

With Luck, he's so loose and easy. He doesn't let the moment get to him, no matter what that moment is. He's as cool under pressure as I've ever seen ANY QB be. 

Will Luck be as statistically amazing as Peyton? I doubt it. I honestly hope not. For all the stats Peyton put up, it didn't translate to playoff success. I think we want Luck to not have to be the sole vehicle for us to win. 

But Luck's command of the game and ability to push through it? He pretty much does it like no other already.

And he's only in his second year. 

I don't agree with the multiple playoff games (experience) aspect... He is ready, put better talent around him and the Super Bowls will start flowing in.

Not saying he isn't ready to win now, but the picks he throws, some of those can be reduced woth experience.

I think he will be putting up "star wars" numbers next year and beyond.

Kind of hard to throw the deep ball when your hands are ice cold and numb......

He probably had to much slober on his hands to throw. haha That dude is disgusting to watch. Put a funnel on his neck like a dog so he cant lick so much, he is comical. lick lick, spit lick lick , spit lick lick lick. Kids here were rolling on the floor. :lol:

That has to be unsanitary as can be. That's probably why they got him to do that flu medicine commercial. lick lick

It was in the 20s with a wind chill.  That will make your hands numb

That's not cold. Where you live in Florida. I worked in the cold for years. It's cold in Northern Wisconsin in January.  I did a lot of construction work year round and that's not cold. He had hand warmers. But what ever. Not important.

Yeah, the one off of TY was just one of those things. It easily could have been a reception as well as an Int.

If it was a better throw maybe, but luck threw the ball behind t.y. Which is why he hit his hands against the turf after the int, don't get me wrong it does seem like a either way play, but the qb has to make a better throw for that route.

There isn't a QB in the league I would trade Luck for. His will to win is off the charts, along with his toughness, and his ability to so quickly forget his mistakes and move on to the next play. I know it's still not a popular opinion to have, but I'm so glad we let Manning walk and drafted Luck. If Irsay would have stayed the course and stuck with Manning, Polian, and Caldwell, I'd hate to see where this team would be because IMO it would not have been pretty.

I thought all three picks were a combination of bad throws and good defense. The last one to TY that you're talking about was a 50/50 ball, but he shouldn't have thrown it. Fleener was wide open on the right side, and Luck should have waited a touch and come back across the field for him. So while I give some of the blame for the pick to Hilton for not making the catch, I do think that Luck made a big mistake even throwing it to him.

There isn't a QB in the league I would trade Luck for. His will to win is off the charts, along with his toughness, and his ability to so quickly forget his mistakes and move on to the next play. I know it's still not a popular opinion to have, but I'm so glad we let Manning walk and drafted Luck. If Irsay would have stayed the course and stuck with Manning, Polian, and Caldwell, I'd hate to see where this team would be because IMO it would not have been pretty.

Well said, Irsay knew what he was doing when he tanked the 2011 season to draft Luck and can Polian who was pushing his power by hiring his son. I think Caldwell and Painter did get the bad end of it, but I'm sure Irsay took care of them. He seems to be the kind of business man that is loyal and fair but does what's right for his business.

Well said, Irsay knew what he was doing when he tanked the 2011 season to draft Luck and can Polian who was pushing his power by hiring his son. I think Caldwell and Painter did get the bad end of it, but I'm sure Irsay took care of them. He seems to be the kind of business man that is loyal and fair but does what's right for his business.

2edgy4me

I came to the realization last night that I think that Luck will ultimately be better than Peyton. He seems to handle the pressure better. His composure is legendary. I never agreed with the notion that Peyton choked in the playoffs, but I think that being the perfectionist he is, he put even more pressure on himself when the post season came. He made it unnecessarily hard on himself.

When Peyton found the game falling apart the way it did last night, it did seem to get to him. We've all seen that look. Him sitting on the bench, angry. Not really speaking to anyone, just sitting there fuming. 

With Luck, he's so loose and easy. He doesn't let the moment get to him, no matter what that moment is. He's as cool under pressure as I've ever seen ANY QB be. 

Will Luck be as statistically amazing as Peyton? I doubt it. I honestly hope not. For all the stats Peyton put up, it didn't translate to playoff success. I think we want Luck to not have to be the sole vehicle for us to win. 

But Luck's command of the game and ability to push through it? He pretty much does it like no other already.

And he's only in his second year. 

Great Post   I loved watching 18 but have always felt 12 will eclipse him maybe the only difference will be the playoffs .

So many 1 & dones IMO sitting & resting players always translated into failure .. 

The Chargers will beat Denver IMO , the bye week for Peyton is Kryptonite ..