Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A little I have to say about Luck

backshoulderfade

Undeniably an unbelievable talent. Can run, throw deep balls on the money, improvise, keep his cool under pressure, get back up immediately after an INT, and he can run the no huddle... in his 2nd year. He just won't quit.

There isn't any player I would trade Luck for. No one.

Not trying to start a Luck vs Manning war, nut they seem to be polar opposites. Mannings team mates belonged to him. Luck belongs to his teammates.

Hope that makes sense.

One of the major criticisms of PM coming out of college was his happy feet. The dude hated contact and still doesn't seem too crazy about it. But that attitude is probably the norm for QBs. Luck, on the other hand, is a linebacker/fullback at heart. I think that is part of what you are describing. He can fit in with any position grouping as he is at heart just a kid who loves the tackle part of tackle football. Luckily, he' s got a linebacker's build.

I saw that in live when andrew made the back to back INTS

He had Coby Fleener a bit open and didnt see it. Sometimes he really forces to throw to the primary receiver.

AND, the 2nd INT threw, Donald Brown was just a checkdown receiver, and threw it to the player wearing the red jersey. These mistakes are costly and we r really lucky to come out with a win. But those mistakes are inexcusable. I believe that he is starting to make better decisions ... at least better than last yr and I believe that he is going to carry the team 3-4 Super Bowls 

Undeniably an unbelievable talent. Can run, throw deep balls on the money, improvise, keep his cool under pressure, get back up immediately after an INT, and he can run the no huddle... in his 2nd year. He just won't quit.

There isn't any player I would trade Luck for. No one.

your avatar rocks! I love it! I think it fits our entire season in a nutshell.

I saw that in live when andrew made the back to back INTS

He had Coby Fleener a bit open and didnt see it. Sometimes he really forces to throw to the primary receiver.

AND, the 2nd INT threw, Donald Brown was just a checkdown receiver, and threw it to the player wearing the red jersey. These mistakes are costly and we r really lucky to come out with a win. But those mistakes are inexcusable. I believe that he is starting to make better decisions ... at least better than last yr and I believe that he is going to carry the team 3-4 Super Bowls 

What I saw on the first Int he never saw branden Flowers but his fault the second one the safety undercut Donald Brown and luck should have threw that outside instead he threw it inside so his fault the 3rd one as we all know wasn't his fault Hilton should have caught that and its not exceptable that he didn't.

He is incredibly special, and Saturday amplified that significantly.

Am not sure it is accurate to say that Saturday was the start of something special because I think that case has already been made.  I tend to lean towards when the story of Luck will be told, this will be one of many, many games in which we fans discuss his brilliance. 

It's totally impractical.

How? IF all you had to do was set some things in motion to have you draft arguably the best QB in 10-15 years, why wouldn't you?

The Colts were the MOST QB dependant team at that point in time in the league. Everything was so predicated on what Manning was able to do. In the event of the injury, you swap a potential starter (Orlovsky) who could win you maybe 5-6 games and put in Curtis Painter who would have absolutely no idea what he's doing given his lack of overall skill and lack of practice reps in the system over the years.

It took the Colts a LONG time that year to make the Painter/Orlovsky swap. It is a possiblity IMO.

How? IF all you had to do was set some things in motion to have you draft arguably the best QB in 10-15 years, why wouldn't you?

The Colts were the MOST QB dependant team at that point in time in the league. Everything was so predicated on what Manning was able to do. In the event of the injury, you swap a potential starter (Orlovsky) who could win you maybe 5-6 games and put in Curtis Painter who would have absolutely no idea what he's doing given his lack of overall skill and lack of practice reps in the system over the years.

It took the Colts a LONG time that year to make the Painter/Orlovsky swap. It is a possiblity IMO.

Doubt it. Everyone involved was fired. 

One of the major criticisms of PM coming out of college was his happy feet. The dude hated contact and still doesn't seem too crazy about it. But that attitude is probably the norm for QBs. Luck, on the other hand, is a linebacker/fullback at heart. I think that is part of what you are describing. He can fit in with any position grouping as he is at heart just a kid who loves the tackle part of tackle football. Luckily, he' s got a linebacker's build.

I agree with that point. But what I was trying to say is Manning seemed to be a bit of a control freak. He ran that colts team and everyone knows it. He is the boss.

While Luck is a leader, I feel like Luck takes a different approach.

I agree with that point. But what I was trying to say is Manning seemed to be a bit of a control freak. He ran that colts team and everyone knows it. He is the boss.

While Luck is a leader, I feel like Luck takes a different approach.