Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which O-line tandem would you start Sunday?

steveeoaktree33

I have been watching recordings of our games' this season, watching the line closely, along with the running backs. There seems to be a noticeable difference in our runners' ability to get to the second level when there are certain line combinations out there, and in my opinion, the first sign is when Samson is out and McGlynn in at center. I like the rookie as well so far. Who would y'all start this week against the Chiefs? Last time against them we started Costanzo, Nixon, Satele', McGlynn and Cherilus. Against the Niners, we started Castonzo, Thornton, McGlynn, Linkenbach, and Cherilus. Several other combinations to choose from this past season... who do you start?

Wow! It is surely agreed that McGlynn over Satele is a MUCH better overall run AND pass blocking line which I agree with 100%. After reviewing most of our line-play this season on the computer, I would have to start Castanzo, Nixon, McGlynn, Thornton and Cherilus as well. It doesn't matter now, of course, but I so wish that we had a healthy Bradshaw for our playoff run but T-Rich will keep getting better the more reps that he is given. Satele is just not powerful enough to power run straight over people and Nixon isn't there yet but he will...

It's my hope that instead of just picking 5 and playing them, we will have ready contingencies if we are getting pass rush pressure or big penetration on run plays and that if needed we substitute. Also in the heavier packages we will have some choices as to whom to use and depending on the play/point of attack I would like to see flexibility in how we use all the linemen (except the bookend tackles). Lastly, I kind of fear that Nixon may be a healthy inactive if all the others are active and that's too bad cause I'd like to see him groomed as the extra lineman for some plays.

It's my hope that instead of just picking 5 and playing them, we will have ready contingencies if we are getting pass rush pressure or big penetration on run plays and that if needed we substitute. Also in the heavier packages we will have some choices as to whom to use and depending on the play/point of attack I would like to see flexibility in how we use all the linemen (except the bookend tackles). Lastly, I kind of fear that Nixon may be a healthy inactive if all the others are active and that's too bad cause I'd like to see him groomed as the extra lineman for some plays.

Hopefully, since the Chiefs aren't a passing powerhouse, we'll be able to start most if not all of our O-linemen as we shouldn't need the extra nickel backs against them. I am surprised though that all of our linemen will be available (health-wise) for the game Saturday. That's a rarity that hasn't happened much this season. I am just really hoping that he starts McGlynn at center and we'll be able to run the ball. If he does start Satele', which he probably will, I'm hoping he'll show some progress in the power run blocking. Oh and finally -- Hopefully they don't waste plays in that "I" tackle eligible play with 6 O-linemen.

I can't even begin to understand why Pagano would start Satele on Saturday. Surely he has seen how much better our line plays with McGlynn at center just like we have. We already know that the Chiefs are going to pressure Luck on every play so its crucial that we have our best guys out there. Chuck always says he's going to play the guys that will give us the best chance to win so I will be very disappointed in his decision making if he starts Satele.

I agree with Dustin on this one, that is Reitz, McGlynn, Thornton on interior. I also hope they play Holmes more. I went back and watched his snaps and I am absolutely delighted with his effort and quality of his blocks.

I agree that Holmes' upside is huge and he makes quality blocks and finishes his blocks well. I believe that he and Nixon are a nice luxury to have for the future in case we need them... Excellent point on Holmes though.

Guess who we are gonna get from 'Coach Chuck'? ....Satele and McGlynn...Pagano is a stubborn inflexible vet-lover...if he screws this up, he should be 'Coach Up-Chuck'.

Do you really think that is what will happen? Why would he not start the guys who give us the best chance to win on Saturday? Winning a playoff game is much more important than making sure he doesn't offend one of his veterans. Surely he knows that right?

Do you really think that is what will happen? Why would he not start the guys who give us the best chance to win on Saturday? Winning a playoff game is much more important than making sure he doesn't offend one of his veterans. Surely he knows that right?

You obviously haven't been reading the brilliant comments lately. Chuck is clueless and head coaching is too much for him. He doesn't pay attention to the offense. His advisors are playing their favorites, not the best players. He's too stubborn to play the better guys. We're going to be one and done.

Really. Go back and read a few threads. These statements were all made. By Colts fans.